The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendors Marketplace (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Camaro Caliper Brackets (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=382633)

Captainfab 09-19-2013 11:26 PM

Re: Camaro Caliper Brackets

Reply sent :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dads79GMC (Post 6277296)
Captainfab, I'll take a set. I will send you a PM is a minute. Thanks Mike

BLUE THUNDER 11-26-2013 11:07 PM

anymore kits available???

Captainfab 11-27-2013 12:17 AM

Yes I always have these available, no limited runs here.

Would you like them in bare steel or satin black powder coat?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUE THUNDER (Post 6390507)
anymore kits available???

ryserstine 11-27-2013 03:49 PM

Hello captainfab I would like a pair of your Camaro caliper rear brake brackets (non painted) my name is mark ryser paypal payment on its way thanks

Captainfab 11-28-2013 12:34 AM

Hello Mark

I did receive your payment, and your brackets shipped out today. With tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I'm not sure if you will receive them Saturday or Monday. Thanks for the purchase :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryserstine (Post 6391398)
Hello captainfab I would like a pair of your Camaro caliper rear brake brackets (non painted) my name is mark ryser paypal payment on its way thanks

dan468 12-07-2013 01:34 AM

Why is a new master cylinder needed? I understand the proportioning valve.

Thanks!

dan468 12-07-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 425HP409 (Post 6247737)
I installed the kit from Captainfab, and it works great. I resolved two issues with the installation, Combination Valve and Parking Brake Cables
1. Combination valve - I used the factory 68 brake light switch, no proportioning valve and no metering valve. No metering valve needed with 4 wheel disc, and so far works great with no proportioning valve. I installed a master cylinder for 4 wheel disc so as not to have a residual check valve in the outlet of the master cylinder, which is only used on drum brakes. My truck started out as a 4 wheel drum and I had previously installed 72 disc brakes.
2. Parking Brake - My truck is a short bed, however the long and short bed trucks use the same rear cables, so my method should work for all trucks. I was able to use the Camaro factory rear parking brake cables and the factory Chevy intermediate cable. I moved the intermediate cable from the trailing arms to the inside of the frame, connecting to the Camaro cables. I fabricated new brackets for the front of the rear cables and made links to take the slack out of the intermediate cable. The photos show how I did it.

Thank you!! This will save me some headache. I have a 4-link and didn't have any means of hooking up to the old trailing arm mount.

ryserstine 12-07-2013 06:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1184333Thanks captainfab for the brackets it made my drum to disk brake fab a breeze! Here are some installed pics thanks again.

Captainfab 12-08-2013 12:57 AM

You don't mess around......looks good Mark.

I see you converted your square to trailing arms :thumbs:

Are those NASCAR arms?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryserstine (Post 6406692)
Attachment 1184333Thanks captainfab for the brackets it made my drum to disk brake fab a breeze! Here are some installed pics thanks again.

JustN 12-08-2013 12:59 AM

these use the 00 camaro/firebird calipers right?

Captainfab 12-08-2013 02:25 AM

No they do not

'93-'97 F-body calipers as listed in the first post.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustN (Post 6407263)
these use the 00 camaro/firebird calipers right?

ryserstine 12-09-2013 04:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 6407260)
You don't mess around......looks good Mark.

I see you converted your square to trailing arms :thumbs:

Are those NASCAR arms?

Yes I converted my sq. to trailing arm (nascar). Can you look at these pics. of my x member. All is square, lined up, and pinion is good but I want to be sure before I weld up my spring perches. How much clearance must I have for my driveline through my x member opening. First pic is of the x member half done I could take another shot of it completed but I need to weld up those perches first so nothing moves" AAAGGAAIIIINNN" THIS DID ALMOST KICK MY ASS!! The other is the driveline, your help would be much appreciated.

ryserstine 12-09-2013 04:34 PM

I hope I didn't create any problems asking you this question here

Captainfab 12-09-2013 11:43 PM

Not a problem.

For clearance, I would like to see at least 1/2" between the driveshaft and the crossmember at the extremes of the suspension. By that I mean 1/2" at the top at full compression and 1/2" at the bottom at full extension. Your side clearance looks good from what I can see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryserstine (Post 6409724)
I hope I didn't create any problems asking you this question here

ryserstine 12-11-2013 01:42 PM

Great I'm good then! Off to find some posts on setting up my pan hard bar,i love this site! Thanks again for the super parts and the info.

63jalopy 12-11-2013 02:29 PM

Hi, I just sent paypal payment for the camaro calipers,not powder coated.
Thanks, Josh

dan468 12-11-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan468 (Post 6405909)
Why is a new master cylinder needed? I understand the proportioning valve.

Thanks!

anyone?

Captainfab 12-12-2013 12:39 AM

I received your payment and your Camaro caliper brackets shipped out today. You should receive them either Saturday or Monday.

Thanks for the purchase ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 63jalopy (Post 6413158)
Hi, I just sent paypal payment for the camaro calipers,not powder coated.
Thanks, Josh

Captainfab 12-12-2013 12:44 AM

Assuming you currently have a dual reservior drum/drum master, that master cylinder does not have enough volume for calipers, plus they have built in residual valves. Now if you have a disc/drum master, the same would apply, but only to the rear circuit. Althopugh, I have seen masters on some of the C20 squarebodies that look just like a disc/disc master cylinder. I just do not know for sure if they are the same internally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan468 (Post 6413159)
anyone?

dan468 12-12-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captainfab (Post 6414164)
Assuming you currently have a dual reservior drum/drum master, that master cylinder does not have enough volume for calipers, plus they have built in residual valves. Now if you have a disc/drum master, the same would apply, but only to the rear circuit. Althopugh, I have seen masters on some of the C20 squarebodies that look just like a disc/disc master cylinder. I just do not know for sure if they are the same internally.

Excellent thank you, I will send money soon

ryserstine 12-13-2013 02:51 PM

So captainfab whats a good year pickup to grab a disk/disk mastercylinder off of? Or does someone make one for my square body. Thanks

Captainfab 12-14-2013 12:29 AM

I beleive most guys are using the '77-'81 Corvette master cylinder

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryserstine (Post 6416694)
So captainfab whats a good year pickup to grab a disk/disk mastercylinder off of? Or does someone make one for my square body. Thanks

ryserstine 12-14-2013 08:58 PM

Ok so 77-81 vette and it fits nothing else i'll need. I no i'll probably have to do some reflaring of brake lines, and an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear but my concern is the plunger size,and my existing proportioning valve. Leave it or get rid of it? Thanks mark

Captainfab 12-15-2013 12:27 AM

Yes the Corvette master cylinder will bolt right up. Just like most GM parts, there are a lot of master cylinders that are interchangeable.

You can try using your original proportioning valve with an adjustable valve in the rear circuit and see if that works for you. The other options would be to change to a disc/disc prop valve or the Wilwood #260-11179 prop valve which has a built in adjustable valve for the rear.

What do you mean by 'plunger'?

dan468 12-15-2013 12:38 AM

CPP has a bunch of valve options too that will work with the original brake warning switch