The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

namloc 03-18-2016 10:44 PM

Re: tuba trucks

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7527313)
Frontend Friday...

Cool,Clean and lot's of character.Very nice detail's Clem.

uk54 03-19-2016 10:09 AM

Clem. Looking great can't wait to get er home

clemdaddy 03-22-2016 06:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
tailgate tuesday...
Tina sportin' her new 67-72 bumper and fauxed-up tailgate.

dwcardfan 03-22-2016 07:05 PM

Very nice Clem.

flashed 03-22-2016 07:52 PM

Looking very good .

60chevyjim 03-22-2016 08:59 PM

that's a great looking truck Clem !!
I plan on doing mine in mint green and white
paint like that .

Ta2Don 03-22-2016 09:05 PM

too Cool!!!:metal:

Bomp 03-22-2016 11:44 PM

Looks really good. What bumper brackets did you use?

Grizz1963 03-23-2016 03:05 AM

Real neat Clem.

As mentioned on FB, I LOVE that Tuba Trucks tailgate plate too.

Kind of signs off the project in a way.

Very impressed.

Johnny_Lamebridge 03-23-2016 11:25 PM

Wow, that looks great Clem!

mjh1965 03-24-2016 02:42 AM

Looks great Clem . The 67-72 rear bumper finishes the look off really well . That's why I have gone that route as well . Like I said on FB the badge looks nice and subtle . I guess you painted the badge to match the colour , or was it made to match the colour.

uk54 03-24-2016 03:16 PM

Clem, got to say, glad we went with 67/72 rear bumper and I love your subtle little logo badge it just finishes off the tailgate. Also back up lights converted to direction indicators exactly what I wanted. keep at it. Thanks

duallyjams 03-24-2016 07:12 PM

I want a tuba truck sticker.

flashed 03-24-2016 08:54 PM

I want one too ,it would be cool on my coffee table project .

clemdaddy 03-25-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7527374)
Looks really good Clem .That should raise the bar , for the trucks over here the Uk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7527591)
Impressive!!! :metal:

One lucky bloke!!!:mm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by namloc (Post 7527598)
Cool,Clean and lot's of character.Very nice detail's Clem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk54 (Post 7527884)
Clem. Looking great can't wait to get er home

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7531885)
Very nice Clem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7531934)
Looking very good .

Quote:

Originally Posted by 60chevyjim (Post 7532006)
that's a great looking truck Clem !!
I plan on doing mine in mint green and white
paint like that .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 7532024)
too Cool!!!:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7532289)
Looks really good. What bumper brackets did you use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7532413)
Real neat Clem.

As mentioned on FB, I LOVE that Tuba Trucks tailgate plate too.

Kind of signs off the project in a way.

Very impressed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7533444)
Wow, that looks great Clem!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7533583)
Looks great Clem . The 67-72 rear bumper finishes the look off really well . That's why I have gone that route as well . Like I said on FB the badge looks nice and subtle . I guess you painted the badge to match the colour , or was it made to match the colour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7534345)
I want a tuba truck sticker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7534497)
I want one too ,it would be cool on my coffee table project .

Thanks guys, bit overwhelmed here. Makes me want to build another one of these hotrod trucks. Mainly because I want one myself.

To chevyjim... I want to do a green and white also. it is my favorite color for these trucks.

To Bomp... when Michael decided he wanted a 67-72 bumper we just ordered all the parts from LMC, right down to the hardware. I really like the look.

To the guys that liked the badge... that is a die-cast and chrome plated emblem that I had made from the company I used to work for. they are similar to what car dealers used back in the day. I fill the relief with body color to match the color of the trucks we build. The only way to get one is to have us build or paint your truck. Sorry but those little guys were expensive. but if some want a tubatrucks decal, I got 'em. send addresses, either pm me or email, clem@tubatrucks.com

Thanks a million guys. we're very close to completion on the tinatruck and we will post up pics again soon.

Grizz1963 03-25-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7535258)
Thanks guys, bit overwhelmed here. Makes me want to build another one of these hotrod trucks. Mainly because I want one myself.

To chevyjim... I want to do a green and white also. it is my favorite color for these trucks.

To Bomp... when Michael decided he wanted a 67-72 bumper we just ordered all the parts from LMC, right down to the hardware. I really like the look.

To the guys that liked the badge... that is a die-cast and chrome plated emblem that I had made from the company I used to work for. they are similar to what car dealers used back in the day. I fill the relief with body color to match the color of the trucks we build. The only way to get one is to have us build or paint your truck. Sorry but those little guys were expensive. but if some want a tubatrucks decal, I got 'em. send addresses, either pm me or email, clem@tubatrucks.com

Thanks a million guys. we're very close to completion on the tinatruck and we will post up pics again soon.

Well.........

Gotta say this man, you really do Rock !!

I will happily pay for and collect in person later in the year. :metal:

ChrisDollins 03-26-2016 10:57 AM

Too cool man! I didn't even notice the reverse lights were amber until uk54 mentioned it! Love the emblem too, cool little touch.

Chris

clemdaddy 04-03-2016 11:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
We've got some stickers coming about midweek and I will send them out to you guys that wanted them. The tina truck got her carpet yesterday and scottybob did a fine job, front alinement tomorrow and a few other details this week and she'll be ready to go... hopefully.

but this morning a few old truck parts were delivered. A buddy in Little Rock and I struck a deal on them and he brought up a trailer load. This load was 50's stuff and there is 2 more loads coming. Then a couple of loads of 60's stuff... geez, I need a bigger place. So soon, when its all separated and organized I will figure out what to do with it all... Bomp, I need your help, please...

Bomp 04-03-2016 12:32 PM

:D
This is the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Contact will be made!

flashed 04-03-2016 05:23 PM

I see all kinds of treasure in there .

Palf70Step 04-03-2016 06:23 PM

:agree:

Modges'66 04-03-2016 08:30 PM

Whoa! What a load of parts!...When I come down in the fall I will need to bring all of my left-over parts....May need to put a hitch on the truck! LOL!

clemdaddy 04-03-2016 09:17 PM

Forget the parts man… I just wanna see that sweet true/blue baby of yours roll in here. That would be something!

Modges'66 04-03-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7546904)
Forget the parts man… I just wanna see that sweet true/blue baby of yours roll in here. That would be something!

Dude!
If I can get the gremlins worked-out & rack some miles, this will be a GO!!!
I am planning for it! I want to get my Heat/AC worked out though, it is kinda cold out here that time of year......Gotta make the tranny bulletproof!!!
The tranny is the only thing that I cannot rebuild myself.....

clemdaddy 04-04-2016 09:19 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Back on page 7 is a farm truck named 'Maude'. This much loved truck was a challenge because of the modest budget and big expectations. Sometimes we have to put our restoration mentality on hold and figure out how to build safe, dependable and reasonably good looking trucks without breaking the budget. Maude is the experiment to do that.

The original cab was the first consideration, everything was bent, rusted and in such bad condition, no way could it be brought back without tons of hours. So, we swapped in another cab. Still needing inner and outer rockers and cab corners plus rear braces, it was at least a lot closer. We did sub in Maude's original dash and used bits and pieces from her floors... check out the seatbelt extensions in the original cab.