The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today part III (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=644788)

Lugnutz65 01-08-2015 07:19 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today part III

Grizz,
Post whenever you want. Just ignore rude people and they usually go away. It's fun to see your progress and your motivation is contagious. We like Grizz!!!

bj383ss 01-08-2015 08:11 AM

Rian,

Your build thread and adventures are one of my favorite on this forum. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I have a set of those ratcheting spanners in Metric and American I love them.

Bret

62 Barnfind 01-08-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj383ss (Post 6990591)
Rian,

Your build thread and adventures are one of my favorite on this forum. Keep up the good work and keep posting. I have a set of those ratcheting spanners in Metric and American I love them.

Bret

I agree!

Ta2Don 01-08-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19515windowsolow (Post 6990528)
@Grizz1963

I really wish you would stop thread jacking with your pointless pictures and shyt. RE-DICK!

Obviously your Momma never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it…

And I agree with the others who have stepped up to defend Grizz…Grizz is a Stand up member who is generous beyond belief in today's society, so if you can't appreciate that, scroll past his posts and enjoy your day without letting one member's posting offend.:chevy:

Plus, I second what Slow Build posted...

64shortbox 01-08-2015 10:48 AM

Grizz, I enjoy your posts -ALL of them. I like knowing what's happening on the other side of the pond. You post a lot of stuff we don't get to see here stateside and for me it's a treat when you post stuff I don't get to see here not to mention I like seeing all you're able to accomplish on your truck. You make me look LAZY by comparison. Keep up the good work!

Jeff La 01-08-2015 11:22 AM

Quote:

@Grizz1963

I really wish you would stop thread jacking with your pointless pictures and shyt. RE-DICK!

Don't get your panties in a wad, this forum is all about our trucks. The more pics the better.

blown240 01-08-2015 12:56 PM

Keep Posting Griz!

The more pics the better! Even of the strange little cars!

61K10 01-08-2015 02:05 PM

only 14 post's and already *****en--keep them coming Grizz

65 C20 01-08-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 61K10 (Post 6991007)

I was thinking the same thing.
Must have had a bad night, morning.

Grizz1963 01-08-2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65 C20 (Post 6991044)
I was thinking the same thing.
Must have had a bad night, morning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 61K10 (Post 6991007)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown240 (Post 6990914)
Keep Posting Griz!

The more pics the better! Even of the strange little cars!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff La (Post 6990798)
Don't get your panties in a wad, this forum is all about our trucks. The more pics the better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64shortbox (Post 6990748)
Grizz, I enjoy your posts -ALL of them. I like knowing what's happening on the other side of the pond. You post a lot of stuff we don't get to see here stateside and for me it's a treat when you post stuff I don't get to see here not to mention I like seeing all you're able to accomplish on your truck. You make me look LAZY by comparison. Keep up the good work!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6990694)
Obviously your Momma never taught you that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say it…

And I agree with the others who have stepped up to defend Grizz…Grizz is a Stand up member who is generous beyond belief in today's society, so if you can't appreciate that, scroll past his posts and enjoy your day without letting one member's posting offend.:chevy:

Plus, I second what Slow Build posted...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind (Post 6990685)
I agree!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj383ss (Post 6990591)
Rian,

Bret

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 6990573)
Grizz,
Post whenever you want. Just ignore rude people and they usually go away. It's fun to see your progress and your motivation is contagious. We like Grizz!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhippinSaw (Post 6990564)
X2 I enjoy your posts Griz
Keep up the good work

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 6990563)
Maybe you should use the ignore function if it bothers you. I would say the majority of us enjoy Grizz's posts. That way you will never see them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slow Build (Post 6990532)
If you have a problem with somebody showing enthusiasm for our trucks and sharing their work (which is exactly what this thread is about) then maybe your in the wrong forum.

Thank you all for your vote of confidence and the support, including the PM's and emails today.

I am happy to adjust my posting on here if you need me to. Just let me know.

I love to see what you guys get up to, that you have families, issues, other talents and that nobody on here is single faceted.
Which is why I love to share stuff that may be of interest, and also stuff we can all learn from.
Hence my overly detailed threads and descriptions.

I contribute to 10 different forums, from VW air cooled, to BMW motorcycle, Adventure riding to Teardrop caravan building sites and others, all who have either threads like I have on Garage Journal, or straight C10 build threads.

So normally I write one post and then copy and paste with slight adjustments to the various forums around the world.

This is an amazing community, and I am sure you guys all know that, hence your presence here.

Let's keep it that way.

I love being here. It's the first and last place I go every day.

pimpston65 01-08-2015 03:47 PM

"Free Grizz". hey if you need a ash tray front shot me a PM and its yours. free of course and shippings on me!!!

Grizz1963 01-08-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpston65 (Post 6991139)
"Free Grizz". hey if you need a ash tray front shot me a PM and its yours. free of course and shippings on me!!!

Thanks a lot buddy. Happy to pay my way though.

Always happy to pay the post via Paypal.

While we are back to our regular transmission........

As requested by Ta2Don.

I hope it is helpful to some who need a new glovebox.

I have drawn up the outline of a self build/fold glovebox (cubby hole) that can be folded from 0.8mm sheet metal or ally, then riveted or tack welded to keep together. I made one as a trade for some side view mirrors last year.

I trust you guys can understand the measurements and destructions.

If you have various types of air on, fresh air pipes behind the dash, you may need to edit or nip the rear corner to make everything fit.

Shout if you need more info.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps0b2d7428.jpg

Micmac 01-08-2015 04:57 PM

Grizz you sir, are a genius. My mind has never quite worked that way. Anyone remember similar drawings on the Army MOS test! I had a hangover when I took the test and it didn't matter how well I folded the boxes, they still made me 11/BangBang.

mjh1965 01-08-2015 04:58 PM

I would like to add that Rian has always helped me . He has not only helped me on my truck but also helped build my carport so I have a place to do the truck in the first place. Yes I also help him but that's what friends are for
I only met him through having the same interest and truck . I have also made other friends through this forum you all know who you are,enough to make me won't to spend my 50th birthday with him and them in The USA At Clems in October as Don said I was always told if you haven't got anything nice to say DONT SAY ANYTHING AT ALL

earl84 01-08-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

@Grizz1963

I really wish you would just ease on past Grizz's posts instead being a jerk. Not once, but twice. Hope you have taken the not today subtle hints and don't post like that again. This is THE best, most civil forum on the Internet, and there's no room for stuff like that, period.

64chevtruck 01-08-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

@Grizz1963

.................................................................................

Mammy always used to tell me.........if you don't have anything nice to say. ...don't say anything at all.

I guess yours dropped the ball.

Jeff La 01-08-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6991149)
Thanks a lot buddy. Happy to pay my way though.

Always happy to pay the post via Paypal.

While we are back to our regular transmission........

As requested by Ta2Don.

I hope it is helpful to some who need a new glovebox.

I have drawn up the outline of a self build/fold glovebox (cubby hole) that can be folded from 0.8mm sheet metal or ally, then riveted or tack welded to keep together. I made one as a trade for some side view mirrors last year.

I trust you guys can understand the measurements and destructions.

If you have various types of air on, fresh air pipes behind the dash, you may need to edit or nip the rear corner to make everything fit.

Shout if you need more info.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps0b2d7428.jpg

What's this mm thats after all the numbers :lol:

Ta2Don 01-08-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earl84 (Post 6991582)
I really wish you would just ease on past Grizz's posts instead being a DICK. Not once, but twice. Hope you have taken the not today subtle hints and don't post crap like that again. This is THE best, most civil forum on the Internet, and there's no room m for stuff like that, period.

Hear, Hear, AMEN and anything else I can say to be in agreement…

I've been to a couple of forums where the people out there are less than sociable, not my culpa tea!!!:mm:

Micmac 01-08-2015 09:32 PM

I've only run into one jerk on here since 2007, and he also was an FNG. This is a place where you should be able to post anything about or 60-66 Chevy trucks, or things related to them w/o fear of reprisal. Rian is a CONTRIBUTOR here.

powerdriver 1958 01-08-2015 10:15 PM

19515windowsolow ,

14 posts and you are ready to rule this forum ... Take your foot out of your mouth and step back , Learn what this forum is about or log out before your are banned

Quote:

III. No pissing matches. Its fine to disagree, but once a thread has run its course, and degenerated into little more than an insult fest, it will be locked. While this will require a judgment call by the Administrators & Moderators. The members of this site can keep our moderating to a minimum by exercising a little discretion and self- control. Excessive profanity will lead to a 24 hour suspension at the Administrations discretion.
Quote:

IV. Pure trolling, either to upset someone or simply for your personal
enjoyment, is strictly prohibited. If you're here to cause trouble, it will be a very short stay. Immediate BAN and you will be reported to your ISP.

LVPhotos 01-08-2015 10:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heading to pickup bag mounts. A before shot and one of first piece in.

schpeen 01-08-2015 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tinted the windows and added the passenger side door mirror.

Lugnutz65 01-08-2015 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 6991745)

Nice truck! How much is it lowered? Tire and wheel size?

pimpston65 01-08-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schpeen (Post 6991745)

how did you get them WW's white cuz i have a set, and they are kinda yellow maybe from storage cuz they never been mounted...

Micmac 01-08-2015 11:32 PM

I use Wesley's Bleach White on my Chiefs Gangsta WWW's. Orange hand cleaner and a scrub brush works as well.

schpeen 01-09-2015 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpston65 (Post 6991777)
how did you get them WW's white cuz i have a set, and they are kinda yellow maybe from storage cuz they never been mounted...

X2 on the Wesleye

schpeen 01-09-2015 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lugnutz65 (Post 6991747)
Nice truck! How much is it lowered? Tire and wheel size?

P225/70/15
P255/70/15 rears

jayoldschool 01-09-2015 11:45 AM

x3

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psd2018069.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps33ceee2e.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psb73b9dd3.jpg

Grizz1963 01-09-2015 12:02 PM

You serious?

Before and after on the white walls?

If so..... WoW!!

I need some of that as my whites are grey.

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/nik...ps1db6699a.jpg

pimpston65 01-09-2015 12:20 PM

Awesome, I got my WW's from US ROYAL Coker tire. 3" WW

blown240 01-09-2015 01:36 PM

I found my exhaust leak!

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse88f99c9.jpg

65 C20 01-09-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff La (Post 6991604)
What's this mm thats after all the numbers :lol:

That is for millimeters.
It's a metric measurement.

Grizz1963 01-09-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65 C20 (Post 6992639)
That is for millimeters.
It's a metric measurement.

I think he was testing me...... ;)

I grew up in Metric in South Africa, but here in the UK it is mostly Inches and Feet and Miles etc, but they use litres too..... So a mixed mess.

I am sure most people can convert though if they needed to.

OldGMJon 01-09-2015 03:59 PM

Hey Grizz, I had no idea there was such a strong Chevy truck following in England/Europe. Your work is top notch and creatively so. I enjoy reading your threads and what you encounter because it is much like what I encounter as I work on mine. You however, solve them like a pro while I stumble and hit the forums to see what can be done. I have too many projects so my time spent on anyone of them is limited. Wish you were just around the corner as I have little help with mine. jon
projects:
66' GMC C30 flat-bed
65' GMC C10 long fleeter
65' Chevy C10 Panel truck
65' Chevy C10 SWB (just chassis)
Was media blasted, powder coated, and drivetrain completely rebuilt like new and all stock(6lug) Now looking for a 65' cab and bed, fleet of step side (short)
64' Chevy C30 long flatbed (12')
I am thinking about putting the 64's cab on the 65' GMC fleeter since it's cab is a complete rust bucket then make the chassis into a duel-wheel trailer.

pimpston65 01-09-2015 04:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6992653)

I grew up in Metric in South Africa, but here in the UK it is mostly Inches and Feet and Miles etc, but they use litres too..... So a mixed mess.

ima send it out today Grizz...

pimpston65 01-09-2015 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpston65 (Post 6992476)
Awesome, I got my WW's from US ROYAL Coker tire. 3" WW

ima clean them today

Grizz1963 01-09-2015 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpston65 (Post 6992843)
ima send it out today Grizz...

That's really cool mate.

Thank you.

jayoldschool 01-09-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blown240 (Post 6992631)
I found my exhaust leak!

Replace with coppers or Percy's and you'll be good.

jayoldschool 01-09-2015 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6992416)
You serious?

Before and after on the white walls?

If so..... WoW!!

I need some of that as my whites are grey.

Serious. It's that good. Those were used tires from a Cadillac, mounted WW in, they had never been cleaned. Shot Bleche Wite on them, sprayed off. NO scrubbing. That's what makes WWs dirty, when they get little scratches from abrasives. Spray on, spray off. Never use stuff like SOS pads on WWs.

My Caddy:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...school/005.jpg

Jeff La 01-10-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 6992653)

I knew what the mm stood for and I thought England used inch measurements so that's why I was messing with him. We good and thanks:metal: