The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=704263)

*Monroe* 08-13-2016 05:47 PM

Re: Son of Trucks are for Chickens ... Its on!

1 Attachment(s)
This is an historic car that ran at the flats when the world was only seen in black and white. Current steward of the car lives in Washington state.

*Monroe* 08-13-2016 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Interesting

*Monroe* 08-13-2016 05:51 PM

Only seen a couple of our style trucks this year, and only as they were driving by. I'll do better tomorrow in tracking them down

*Monroe* 08-13-2016 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some cars in one of the tech lines trying to pass inspection

flashed 08-13-2016 06:46 PM

Monroe ,those are cool cars and great pics ,that is on my bucket list .

special-K 08-13-2016 07:01 PM

I hope to see a 67-72 push truck. Tell CG to be on the lookout. That Nash Metropolitan is a true "Dare to be different" racer. Digging the early custom...in color!

special-K 08-14-2016 02:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by *Monroe* (Post 7682316)
Interesting

Hey CG, how much did you sponsor to get your name on the door!!??

This is Bonneville Salt Flats you all. Isn't that exciting? I want to see me some Studebaker! My picture's getting kinda old

CG 08-14-2016 05:36 PM

Well we have an interesting turn of events. Yesterday when I was checking in to my motel there were three little girls, oldest couldn't have been more than five. They took a keen interest in Bonni and Monroe. I let them give them a few squeezes, but I had to unload and get out to the salt flats.

I saw them later in the day and waved the chickens at them. Today I got up and hit the free breakfast in the lobby area. I took Monroe to take some pictures. The girls were there eating som waffles. They asked if Monroe could sit with them ...how cute. I grabbed a couple hard boiled eggs, a danish, and some OJ.

I went to grab Monroe and the girls said please can he stay until you are ready to go? Ok sure I'll grab when I leave in a little bit. Little bit took much longer than I was thinking. Went to the lobby, little girls were gone. No biggie, I'll find out what room they are in.

Sorry sir they checked out about a half hour ago .... What! Did they leave my chicken? Sir? The rubber chicken I left with them! Can I get their address so I can ask the parents to send my chicken back? Sorry sir we can't give that info out.

So, it looks like Monroe is on a new adventure. All I know was they were on a silver mini van.

TexasLS1 08-14-2016 05:46 PM

Noooooooooo!!!!!! Bird-napped.... At least he will be well taken care of, and get all the make up and hairdos he could ever dream about!

We may need some descriptions of the perps - do any forum members work for the police department that can do some artist sketches?? J/K

GR8-68 08-14-2016 06:17 PM

I almost cried over a rubber chicken :whine:

crossfire84 08-14-2016 06:41 PM

OH the HORROR!

special-K 08-14-2016 07:04 PM

Cute little rubber chicken snatchers! Oh, the poultry! (you know, like humanity) What were they thinking? It could have been a mistake, but would there be a way for them to ever find you? I can't believe just last week he was here with me and now gone to who knows where.

Ol Blue K20 08-14-2016 08:23 PM

I almost cried too! Maybe the hotel will send a letter for the cause. We can all pitch in for the ransom(reward) for his safe return.

swamp rat 08-14-2016 09:34 PM

Well if you did stop at Rooster Rock you might have been for an eye opening, I just googled it and discovered that after a certain point it becomes a clothing optional beach... Ya may have had a tough time convincing Monroe to dis his clothing and skateboard... :)

If you told the girls their names it would be pretty cool if they decided to Google the names and found this thread, yea wishful thinking. Man this thread has been cursed this year hasn't it LOL!

special-K 08-14-2016 09:54 PM

Cursed is right!

BlueBullet 08-14-2016 10:19 PM

The Saga continues.:haha:

cknfrmr 08-15-2016 06:03 AM

dang that sucks. try to be nice and bring a smile to some kids faces and they double cross you. that's how they get me every year to buy cases upon cases of high priced cookies that go stale before I can eat them all. those sweet little faces.

special-K 08-15-2016 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueBullet (Post 7683452)
The Saga continues.:haha:

More like the saga ends :whine:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cknfrmr (Post 7683609)
dang that sucks. try to be nice and bring a smile to some kids faces and they double cross you. that's how they get me every year to buy cases upon cases of high priced cookies that go stale before I can eat them all. those sweet little faces.

Yeah, and I think they are all working for the American Dental Assoc. It's an evil scheme, I tell ya!

flashed 08-15-2016 07:19 AM

Poor Monroe ,what tales he could tell if he is ever found .

cknfrmr 08-15-2016 02:06 PM

Did Monroe sneak into the hen house while on his journey and there could be a little Monroe running around? To carry on his journey. I know a few members had some hens I seen them in some pics. I really enjoyed these posting and seeing the trucks and everyone creative side. Hope I don't offend anyone with that question but it seems Monroe did have a side and liked his " ice water " LOL.

CG 08-15-2016 04:38 PM

I told the hotel guy to please give them my info if the parents call about the new member of their family.

I think the writing was on the wall early on for this thread. The board has a whole different dynamic from when we sent Bonni around the globe representing the board.

If Monroe comes back Ill be sure to let you know. But as far as going out again Im going to say no lol. He has a little black cloud surrounding his head kinda like that guy in the Lil Abner comics from ages ago.

I appreciate the effort from the board members and especially the kiddos that played along !!!!!

special-K 08-15-2016 05:12 PM

Yeah. I guess a black cloud hung over him that caused him to face plant off the Red Baron tricycle. I hope these folks,if they hang onto him, will set him on a straighter path. Deep down he's a good cockerel

pwdcougar 08-17-2016 08:54 AM

Chicken-napped!

cypressbog 08-17-2016 09:22 AM

I had a funny feeling as soon as Monroe was sent back to CG. I appreciate the intent and effort CG attempted. Maybe someday Monroe will scratch away from his captors and sign in here to say hi. ;)

special-K 08-17-2016 10:34 PM

It seemed so perfect when CG asked if it would time out with me getting back from Carlisle in time to send Monroe before he left for Bonneville and it worked out, only for him to disappear. It was just getting good! But I must say, there has been much more interest shown over the kidnapping than during Monroe's adventures with us. It's good to see, now that people are actually interested. Oh well, it's a shame he's gone for sure.

67ChevyRedneck 08-18-2016 07:43 AM

He was taken! What the cluck!

Where's Liam Neeson when you need him?

68 CRACKERBOX 08-18-2016 11:30 AM

i for one feel bad that he has went missing, things were just getting worked out, and seem to be rolling along fine everybody was really enjoy following him.I think if he doesn't show up soon ,should get a new one and get the ball rolling again.after all how hard is is it to come up with a another rubber chicken. I'm willing to make a donation if need to get this going again. so come on lets not let it die here.

67ChevyRedneck 08-18-2016 11:39 AM

I don't think the rubber chicken is the issue... it's how many times he went MIA...

68 CRACKERBOX 08-18-2016 12:00 PM

yeah but it seemed we were pasted that now everything was going good now.

crossfire84 08-18-2016 05:03 PM

one more time!!!

sawyerrm 08-18-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 CRACKERBOX (Post 7687003)
i for one feel bad that he has went missing, things were just getting worked out, and seem to be rolling along fine everybody was really enjoy following him.I think if he doesn't show up soon ,should get a new one and get the ball rolling again.after all how hard is is it to come up with a another rubber chicken. I'm willing to make a donation if need to get this going again. so come on lets not let it die here.

Just get another one and claim you found him in your luggage. A little fib never hurts anyone.

Lancialonnie 08-18-2016 09:31 PM

Man this whole thing is for the birds now...I only hope his adventures continue and don't include a pot or a BBQ!

zach_carver 08-18-2016 10:29 PM

Man I just found this thread and spent an hour reading it. Dang them little girls.. I was already planning out my Monroe adventure.. I think he would have enjoyed our C10s! DANG!

CG 08-18-2016 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 CRACKERBOX (Post 7687003)

There really is a lot more to just seeing the pictures people post. A ton of behind the scenes stuff going on just to get him to the next place. But I like the end results ... its fun for me to see what grown men come up with. And I really like when the kids get involved.

He is already signed by a bunch of members. Seems kind of crappy to just get another Monroe and send him out. As far as taking up a collection that's a nice gesture but rubber chickens don't break the bank lol.

I have a few of Monroes younger brothers here at the house. They will be going out to some board members next week ... shhh, its a surprise =)

If he shows up, Ill post it up and then see if people really want to play along some more.

special-K 08-18-2016 11:04 PM

That fried chicken I had tonight was goo-oo-ood! Wut. I do something wrong?

I'd like to see it go on in one form or another. Could go on for a long long time if people are this interested. It's great for getting us all together participating, whether it's having your turn with the little plucker, viewing, or very importantly...posting comments!! That is what makes it all worthwhile. Just like all these posts here since he has gone missing are doing. Bonnie was named for Bonneville Speed Week, Monroe was named for the big swap meet in Monroe, WA, so if we recruit another, what will we name The next one after CG? A drag strip near you? Some other event? Hmmm...

firedemon 08-19-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7687594)
There really is a lot more to just seeing the pictures people post. A ton of behind the scenes stuff going on just to get him to the next place. But I like the end results ... its fun for me to see what grown men come up with. And I really like when the kids get involved.

He is already signed by a bunch of members. Seems kind of crappy to just get another Monroe and send him out. As far as taking up a collection that's a nice gesture but rubber chickens don't break the bank lol.

I have a few of Monroes younger brothers here at the house. They will be going out to some board members next week ... shhh, its a surprise =)

If he shows up, Ill post it up and then see if people really want to play along some more.

its a shame you have had to do so much behind the scene work for this . it is a cool idea . I wasn't here for the first one but I look forward to this one if you manage to work it out

68 CRACKERBOX 08-19-2016 11:01 AM

I would be willing to help out with the behind the scenes stuff if need be to keep the ball rolling.it seems everybody really enjoys this to much to let it die.I know for one it is the first i check out when sign in.like you say it is fun to see what grown men come up with to do with him.and then you have the kids get on board.my grandaughter was really looking forward to him coming to vist.

CG 08-19-2016 12:07 PM

Ok, let me ponder this through the weekend. I may have to see if Monroes identical twin brother (minus the signatures) and also named Monroe, is available.

flashed 08-19-2016 05:00 PM

I hope Monroe/Monroe the twin is available ,would love to see what is next for our birdbrained friend .

Trixxterr 08-19-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7687979)
Ok, let me ponder this through the weekend. I may have to see if Monroes identical twin brother (minus the signatures) and also named Monroe, is available.

I certainly hope so. I was enjoying the posts, and looked forward to each one, I even have been looking a long lost cousin of Monroe's to send to a member to get it going again. Lol.