The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

mechanixman 06-29-2013 11:52 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

2 Attachment(s)
I pulled the cowl panel off

lowdownstar 06-30-2013 04:12 PM

nice work Nick

mknittle 06-30-2013 09:54 PM

I ordered a inexpensive primer gun to shoot some thicker materials.
Other than that it is too hot to do much outside :devil: It was 115 in the shade :devil: and the rest of the week is forecast to be about the same :devil:

mechanixman 06-30-2013 10:07 PM

Thanks Lowdown
Mknittle, would it be from harbor freight? :)
4th july, their selling their guns for $10 a pop

TrixR4Kids 06-30-2013 10:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The bearing were going out with the old pump, new aluminum high flo pump sure made the tired driven daily engine compartment look nice again.

mknittle 06-30-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanixman (Post 6150672)
Thanks Lowdown
Mknittle, would it be from harbor freight? :)
4th july, their selling their guns for $10 a pop

No this one is from Jegs. the tip on the one from jags is 1.8mm so I can use it for Rust bullet. I have the harbor freight one incase there is something I don't want in my good guns. The Harbor freight one has a 1.4mm tip.
At $10 bucks I figure buy a couple and if I screw them up ................

http://www.jegs.com/i/Titan/413/19418/10002/-1

Zach B 07-01-2013 12:33 AM

I didn't do anything with the truck today. I mowed around the barn so I could modify it so I could fit my truck in it. In the process of doing this I found a 6 cylinder head buried partially in the ground. Who knows how long it been there but I would not trust it. Sending that in for scrap so I can have some money for my truck. That primarily where all the money for my truck comes from. Doing little jobs and fining old mettal can get you a long ways if your carful.
Posted via Mobile Device

Denee007 07-01-2013 09:40 AM

That is a nice looking pump! I wish I had gone with that pump~ I'm amazed how much a stock water pump weighs!

I've been entertaining my grandaughter the past couple days. Still waiting on parts for my wood bed install~ hurry up and wait kind of thing! lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrixR4Kids (Post 6150701)
The bearing were going out with the old pump, new aluminum high flo pump sure made the tired driven daily engine compartment look nice again.

Denee007 07-01-2013 09:47 AM

Wow, youngrodders pinstriping is totally awesome! I don't think I could watch someone do that on my truck in fear they say "oops" ;) That may be a neat alternative for my truck other than put on the spears and front emblem.
what do ya'll think~ would pinstriping look good on my truck?
dne'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psdbac28f8.jpg

Highsider 07-01-2013 09:51 AM

Oh, yeah, Denee!

fabguy 07-01-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denee007 (Post 6151249)
Wow, youngrodders pinstriping is totally awesome! I don't think I could watch someone do that on my truck in fear they say "oops" ;) That may be a neat alternative for my truck other than put on the spears and front emblem.
dne'

Denee, I am leaving my spears and hood emblem off. I have thought about having some pin striping put on also but am not to sure yet. If I did, I would want it very suttle.

youngrodder 07-01-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

dne'

Denee-

I think PS would look great.The key is finding the right person that fits your style/truck. There was no fear. This stuff wipes right off it there is a mistake. It is even easy to remove years later if you grow tired of it. At that point your only out the $$..

I say go for it.

Thanks
Marc

Daze57 07-01-2013 11:27 AM

''would pinstriping look good on my truck? ''

cain't hurt!

mknittle 07-01-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

dne'

Yes pinstriping would look good. you just need to pick some colors that contrast nicely to your paint color.
And the "oops" is easily fixed. I have seen stripers remove 30minutes work Just because they got a better idea. True artists can be a bit quirky. but that is a good thing:metal:

Dan in Pasadena 07-01-2013 12:29 PM

Since you have no side emblems I'd not put the spears or hood ornament back on. Pinstriping is as good as the striper you choose. Speaking strictly for myself, "less is more". I'd be subtle in my use of it too.
Posted via Mobile Device

Denee007 07-01-2013 05:25 PM

Hi Dan! The holes are there for spears n front 'thing' for the hood, however the holes aren't very noticeable. So I agree less would be more~ subtle is what I would be looking for~ simple. I'm sure there are some pinstripping folks here in Houston~ I'll check into that when the time comes,
Now, if those darned parts would just arrive so I can get back to the wood bed installation!;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6151534)
Since you have no side emblems I'd not put the spears or hood ornament back on. Pinstriping is as good as the striper you choose. Speaking strictly for myself, "less is more". I'd be subtle in my use of it too.
Posted via Mobile Device

mknittle 07-01-2013 06:21 PM

I did very little outside today 115 degrees again.

mechanixman 07-01-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 6152155)

Man that sucks, it's 74 here.
I cut the passenger side floor out

Denee007 07-01-2013 06:45 PM

Wow, 115 degrees! It's only 90 here today~ a cold front came in!;) However, with Houston Gulf coast humidity? feels like a muggy 120!:(

Daze57 07-01-2013 07:18 PM

112 degrees here now - whew its gettin colder !!!

lowdownstar 07-01-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mknittle (Post 6152155)

we don't have the heat but it's been raining now for two weeks every after noon!!!!! i have not been able to drive my truck at all, and she is ready to go! lol

Ray

arturo7 07-01-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

dne'

I'd rather see some creative pins than the spears. If you leave them off you allow the striper more possibilities.

Dan in Pasadena 07-01-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denee007 (Post 6152057)
Hi Dan! The holes are there for spears n front 'thing' for the hood, however the holes aren't very noticeable.

That's different then, to me. If the holes are there I'd install the emblems and maybe still do the pin striping, just be careful not to overdo it.

Denee007 07-01-2013 10:34 PM

Well, to be honest, and I am terribly honest, I think my truck who hath no name, looks sharp without the emblems?:metal: yes, the holes are there, but they aren't very visible. I wish someone made some stick on side emblems~hm~ oh, I would be very conservative on pin stripping~ We'll discuss this when the day comes.
dne'

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...psbe82dfd7.jpg

mknittle 07-01-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechanixman (Post 6152168)
Man that sucks, it's 74 here.
I cut the passenger side floor out

sounds like you are gaining on it.:metal: