The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

crazyj chevy 10-09-2011 08:31 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Put the truck to the side to day and spent some good time with the family.

DPowers 10-09-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyj chevy (Post 4944473)
Put the truck to the side to day and spent some good time with the family.

Good decision- very important.

iceship 10-09-2011 09:22 PM

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...p/IMAG0367.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...p/IMAG0366.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...p/IMAG0365.jpg
C30 sway bar for my c10

64shortbox 10-09-2011 10:31 PM

Great score on the C 30 Sway Bar and it even came with Poly bushings - that's pretty hard to beat.

hopped up 10-09-2011 11:44 PM

finally have lights! didnt have the front or rear lights.traced it down to a bad ground so i know have front lights. gotta figure out the rear still. oh yeah installed a new headlightswitch and domelite too. not much i know .
Posted via Mobile Device

iceship 10-09-2011 11:45 PM

yeah... I got a nice tow hitch with the sway bar for 44 bucks and change.....

64shortbox 10-10-2011 02:04 AM

Yes, I would say you definately scored BIG time!

64c20crewcab 10-11-2011 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Over the past month I had to rebuild the top end of the "professionally" build SB 357 motor I installed in August of 2010. Had nothing but problems with this from the first week out. Did not want them touching it again so. I did all the work myself - for the first time.... Just found out that the shop that built my motor is out of business.....

Had to swap heads: now running GM 185 head w/t 2.02/1.60 valves, Edelbrock RPM 7102 cam and lifters: .488/.510 lift. Running Performer intake and carb for now. Motor still looks the same as last year but runs so much better! Also running 17" Brockman steel packed mufflers. Sounds damn good. Here's a lil vid of the exhaust note before the top end rebuild:

Now maybe I can get on the front suspension. Rear was bagged this past June

65Gregg 10-11-2011 04:01 PM

Didn't turn any wrenches but I did order the No Limit shock relocation kit and shocks. Time to get ready to work as soon as the new stuff arrives. I want the panhard bar from No Limit next.

64c20crewcab 10-11-2011 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Gregg (Post 4947703)
Didn't turn any wrenches but I did order the No Limit shock relocation kit and shocks. Time to get ready to work as soon as the new stuff arrives. I want the panhard bar from No Limit next.

@Greg, Please provide details on the relo kit. I need rear set up for my rig.
What did you pay and any contact info for them. Thanks!!!

losthope 10-11-2011 09:00 PM

Well Today i started to make the floating bullet/door knob grill ive been wanting to do ,but didnt finish ,but should be done tomorrow and i will post the finished product step by step in my build thread but here's a sneek peek for now!
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...ennz/007-7.jpg

65Gregg 10-11-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64c20crewcab (Post 4947796)
@Greg, Please provide details on the relo kit. I need rear set up for my rig.
What did you pay and any contact info for them. Thanks!!!

Here is the thread that outlines the kit, one of our fellow forum members has done the install with good results. I am looking forward to getting the parts and will shoot some photos along the way during the install.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=477839

63sbssbbw 10-12-2011 07:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Moved my chassis out of the shop.
and my cab (and parts cab) into the shop.
Hopefully have this done by the end of winter
T

losthope 10-12-2011 05:29 PM

yesterday and today i made a floating grill did a step by step in my build thread!
before:
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...ennz/001-7.jpg

After:
http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/a...ennz/012-9.jpg

SRVBLUES64 10-12-2011 07:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I just started putting her back together, nothing fancy just a good ol fun truck

csa daddy 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

got my drop spindles in the mail now waiting on my front end bushings an ball jointshttp://i485.photobucket.com/albums/r...adad/photo.jpg

nachodog2 10-13-2011 07:48 PM

Well..........on tuesday i got to adjusting my doors so they wouldn't rattle anymore as im going down the freeway. It get's a little tiring pushing down on the door to keep her quiet. Problem solved, except that now that the rattles are gone, i noticed it had an annoying exhaust leak when i drove to and from work. Got underneath last night and noticed a nut missing on my passenger side manifold to exhaust pipe flange retainer(that the name?) the other two were loose. Damn muffler man! Proceeded to put on a replavement nut and tightened the other two but still leaked :( Today i picked up a new flange gasket installed it and problem solved. But now i hear a squeak in my suspension.:(
Posted via Mobile Device

losthope 10-13-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachodog2 (Post 4951866)
But now i hear a squeak in my suspension.:(
Posted via Mobile Device

Might be better to just invest in some ear plugs.... :lol:

nachodog2 10-13-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losthope (Post 4951940)
Might be better to just invest in some ear plugs.... :lol:

Or just play my music loud enough to drown out the squeak!:)
Posted via Mobile Device

cruznfb 10-13-2011 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
added a new window today.

pdxhall 10-14-2011 12:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Pretty crappy rainy day out today and I'm still waiting for my son and his friends to come help me lift off my cab (hoping this weekend) so I decided to work on my steering wheel. I stripped off all the repainted white and most of the original red and sanded it smooth. picked up som PC-7 at Ace Hardware and I will start patching the 3 cracks in it tomorrow. Here are pics of the before and current condition. The 3rd pic is an idea I'm considering for the horn center. It's stainless and I will repaint parts of it and leave some polished.

losthope 10-14-2011 02:07 AM

Bought a bottle jack and used it to spread the bent frame horn out and bolted the front bumper all the way on. And then put the bottle jack in the 73' v.w bug i just got for the girlfriend.

A.T. RockDriller 10-14-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 4952508)
Pretty crappy rainy day out today and I'm still waiting for my son and his friends to come help me lift off my cab (hoping this weekend) so I decided to work on my steering wheel. I stripped off all the repainted white and most of the original red and sanded it smooth. picked up som PC-7 at Ace Hardware and I will start patching the 3 cracks in it tomorrow. Here are pics of the before and current condition. The 3rd pic is an idea I'm considering for the horn center. It's stainless and I will repaint parts of it and leave some polished.

No kidding on the weather update...

The wheel looks great, hall.

pdxhall 10-14-2011 03:31 PM

Thanks A.T. I was getting spoiled with the good weather in Sept. I guess I shouldn't complain, it is Oregon, but there were things that I still needed to get done.

kieth 10-14-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leadfoot Lambert (Post 4944451)
I put a throttle return spring on to keep the revs in check, then I test fit my chrome GMC grille
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...IMG5634.jpg?t=

You cannot put a gmc grille in a chevrolet.......thats a rule I think ? cannot find it in the book just yet, but that is just is not right..... gmcs' are unique and everyone says they are ugly compared to a chevrolet .............ha ha Kieth

PAPA KENT 10-14-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

pretty crappy rainy day out today and i'm still waiting for my son and his friends to come help me lift off my cab (hoping this weekend) so i decided to work on my steering wheel. I stripped off all the repainted white and most of the original red and sanded it smooth. Picked up som pc-7 at ace hardware and i will start patching the 3 cracks in it tomorrow. Here are pics of the before and current condition. The 3rd pic is an idea i'm considering for the horn center. It's stainless and i will repaint parts of it and leave some polished.

i think you did a great job on your wheel,and personally i think you should use the horn button,it's cool!

vin63 10-14-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4953436)
You cannot put a gmc grille in a chevrolet.......thats a rule I think ? cannot find it in the book just yet, but that is just is not right..... gmcs' are unique and everyone says they are ugly compared to a chevrolet .............ha ha Kieth

Looks great! I was going to install a GMC grille, as well. Nice job.

Vernski 10-14-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Pdxhall what year is the horn button looks like it might be 40ish? That's retro and cool looking....Vernski:lol:

shrunken66stroker 10-14-2011 07:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Rolled her out and blew all the dust out of the garage with a backpack blower.

pdxhall 10-14-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 4953690)
Pdxhall what year is the horn button looks like it might be 40ish? That's retro and cool looking....Vernski:lol:

I believe it's a '42 but don't quote me. I picked it up off ebay for $10. Couldn't resist.

pdxhall 10-14-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrunken66stroker (Post 4953783)
Rolled her out and blew all the dust out of the garage with a backpack blower.

That's great!:jest: That's exactly what I use my leaf blower for.

niterider65 10-15-2011 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thats the quick and easy way of getting the dust out of the shop. and I dont have to wait on the compresser to build up pressure :lol::metal:

jbgroby 10-15-2011 05:54 AM

Losthope '"bought a bottle jack and used it to spread the bent frame horn out....."

When I first read your post I thought you said you a bought bottle of Jack and used it to spread the bent frame horn out.

I said to myself wow serious proof......

:metal:

A.T. RockDriller 10-15-2011 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 4954432)
Losthope '"bought a bottle jack and used it to spread the bent frame horn out....."

When I first read your post I thought you said you a bought bottle of Jack and used it to spread the bent frame horn out.

I said to myself wow serious proof......

:metal:

Fer the record...Knob Hill should be used on all GM Frame Mods/Repairs.
Jack Daniels........................Body & Paint
Jim Beam (any proof)............Mechanical & Electrical

towersddg9 10-15-2011 11:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Started the paint process, GM torch red, waiting on my driveshaft form Dennys, can't wait to get rolling

LT1 Burb 10-15-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.T. RockDriller (Post 4953274)
No kidding on the weather update...

The wheel looks great, hall.

You guys are in the wrong part of the state, worked outside all week and it was 70 and sunny.

Rich 5150 69 10-15-2011 12:31 PM

Ya the weather here is terrible, 78 degrees and sunny, with a lite breeze..;)

Leadfoot Lambert 10-15-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4953436)

Yes you can put a GMC grille on a Chevrolet, There are no rules in hotrodding, just ask Chip Foose. At least I didn't put whole bunch of door knobs on it! Just kidding Losthope, your grille looks awesome!

oem4me 10-15-2011 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went for a ride... up in the hills for a little picnic. Nice!

65Custom 10-15-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 4955059)
Went for a ride... up in the hills for a little picnic. Nice!

That sounds and looks like it was fun, it was a great day here to be out with the rides I just wish mine was done or I had something i can ride today