The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

superflysteiny 05-04-2013 11:03 AM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Thanks guys. It's amazing how much more you get for your money when you buid it yourself. If any of you guys are in my neck of the woods you guys at more then welcome to come over and grill
Posted via Mobile Device

boonedogs72 05-04-2013 04:19 PM

Wow everything you put your hands on is bad ass!
Posted via Mobile Device

blake's first 05-04-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonedogs72 (Post 6051831)
Wow everything you put your hands on is bad ass!
Posted via Mobile Device

your right about Eric I think I need to have him work on my teeth Joe..

oem4me 05-04-2013 05:19 PM

Um, that's pretty impressive there. So, I'm wondering what a hot rod fabricating building contractor/landscaper, business owning, practicing dentist with young kids does in his SPARE time? You DO sleep don't you?
Mom must be proud.

RRC 05-04-2013 07:44 PM

Very nice work!!! It's great to be able to do it yourself!
Posted via Mobile Device

big_al_71 05-04-2013 08:16 PM

Backyard looks awesome I can only imagine what pool you are going to have built
Posted via Mobile Device

aggie91 05-05-2013 08:10 PM

I give up....even your yard is over the top. Looks wonderful!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 05-05-2013 11:35 PM

wow!! and a few holy cows ... congrats brotha!

nibs 05-06-2013 04:04 AM

Very nice work on the back yard! Its amazing what alot of hard work gets you

Lolyin58 05-06-2013 10:55 AM

Looking good Eric. Definitely nice to have a place to chill with the wife after your done dabbling on Tootsie!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CC69Rat 05-06-2013 11:12 AM

I bet he uses billet to do fillings in peoples teeth. :D

If you Google 'The Man' .. his picture will come up. BUT what's cool about it is you notice the pictures he's in a T-shirt and shorts. Its people like this I respect the most. He earned what he has no doubt but he's still willing to help anyone who asks. He can hang with the best in this business and its obvious but.. ask him a question about anything and he will give you the shirt off his back.

110% respect from me brother. You deserve everything in these pics and more.

I agree though, everything you touch is top notch. Your work ethic is obvious.
Posted via Mobile Device

67cheby 05-06-2013 11:33 AM

Dang....cant wait to see the pool !!! It better have a Grotto ! Amazing out door kitchen, do you need a live in cook ? I am available..just saying !

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 11:40 AM

Thanks guys I am really luckey to have a dad that can do just about anything. He passed it on to me. The only thing we did not do was the stone and stucco. We did the roof and man let me tell you what a pain in the rear. I have mad respect for roofers. I am going to sub out the pool myself. We are planning on building a free foam tropical style pool with rock waterfalls, cold spa, hot spa and beech entry. It will also gave a swim up bar. Should be cool but I need to save to do that so that is why I am done building trucks for a while. I will finish Tootsie, trailer and the bike and I will be done. I am glad you guys like the backyard

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67cheby (Post 6055048)
Dang....cant wait to see the pool !!! It better have a Grotto ! Amazing out door kitchen, do you need a live in cook ? I am available..just saying !

LOl you nailed it grotto will be on the pool.

67cheby 05-06-2013 11:51 AM

Sweet !

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oem4me (Post 6051942)
Um, that's pretty impressive there. So, I'm wondering what a hot rod fabricating building contractor/landscaper, business owning, practicing dentist with young kids does in his SPARE time? You DO sleep don't you?
Mom must be proud.

I will go hard for 3-4 months at a time then I hang out and relax for about three weeks. I am in the relax mode now. But I am planning on getting up to the shop this week to finish mounting the intercooler and getting everything plummed.

Hart_Rod 05-06-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6055067)
Thanks guys I am really luckey to have a dad that can do just about anything. He passed it on to me. The only thing we did not do was the stone and stucco. We did the roof and man let me tell you what a pain in the rear. I have mad respect for roofers. I am going to sub out the pool myself. We are planning on building a free foam tropical style pool with rock waterfalls, cold spa, hot spa and beech entry. It will also gave a swim up bar. Should be cool but I need to save to do that so that is why I am done building trucks for a while. I will finish Tootsie, trailer and the bike and I will be done. I am glad you guys like the backyard

I thought you were moving to TX?

:lol:

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 01:23 PM

someday going to add value to my house first

ebustos 05-06-2013 03:10 PM

Love the outdoor kitchen i have one very similar to your minus the fireplace. The only thing i wished i would have installed is a vent/exhaust fan. The smoke from the bbq tends to collect in the ceiling part of the grotto.

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 06:09 PM

Because of the big windows on each side of the grill I have not had that issue..

superflysteiny 05-06-2013 06:13 PM

I figured if it did we could put one in later

NewType72 05-10-2013 04:51 PM

You must be enjoying the backyard no updates/ comments for four days that may be a record on this build :lol:
Posted via Mobile Device

blake's first 05-10-2013 09:38 PM

5 Attachment(s)
E-

This is Joe, I went to Marquez Design today and talked to Pascual about your lights. Hes got your lights and he was going to send them home with me, but not sure if you want the new one piece or the two piece new style. The buckets and LEDs are part of the kit. Here's some photos of the lights, let me know when you want to pick them up and check out the other parts like the billet LED mirror. Blake has one you need one also.

Joe

LEX 05-10-2013 10:06 PM

Those are sweet!
Posted via Mobile Device

Dinos63 05-11-2013 12:42 AM

whoa!