The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

knuckledragger 02-26-2011 09:59 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Installed the wood in my bed and reinstalled the bed.I got wood!
Posted via Mobile Device

trevota 02-26-2011 11:24 PM

drove it, first time in 9 months,

Blue Heeler 02-27-2011 09:16 AM

front liners, wheel cylinders, rubber brake line,painted air cleaner,new water pump,upper & lower hoses and farted in the cab:)

kieth 02-27-2011 01:36 PM

Layin down the interior color right now, it sure looks better.

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Trucks/66-G...00123246_FU6Bt

tapeworm 02-27-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4517311)

Looking good! I have been stipping paint, and hope to be where you are at in a couple weeks :)

knuckledragger 02-27-2011 09:23 PM

Installed the driveshaft,finished the e-brake,Wired the taillights,dropped the distributor,wired the alternator,installed the cooling fans and trans cooler on the radiator,installed the rear shocks,ran the heater hoses,installed the front bumper,wired in the 67 column,connected the fuel sending wire for the new tank.Fired it up and drove it out of the garage with open headers!First time it has run under its own power in 30yrs!Took both doors apart to replace regulators and seals.lots done this weekend.

jbgroby 02-27-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4517311)

Keith I hope you are using a mask, Your lung don't got a drain valve.

jbgroby 02-27-2011 09:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got a decent bit done today, First I installed Capt. Fabs Dual master Cylinder Bracket/Plate.

The I popped on the Master Cylinder. Then I put in the gas tank took three tries to get it just right You need to make sure the top edge of the filler neck is at least 7 1/2 inches from teh bottom on the filler neck hose. and a touch of axle grease ain't all that bad.

DPowers 02-27-2011 10:11 PM

Replaced my speedo cable and added a front swaybar.

allaboutchevelles 02-27-2011 10:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I cut the pass side rocker panel off and cut out the pass side rusted floor and made the patches for it. Now I just have to burn them in when I get time.

My Build 64 C10: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=439559

knuckledragger 02-27-2011 11:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic of it out of the garage for the first time in 5 months.

hotrod66 02-27-2011 11:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
put a column in my short truck and cleaned the bed out (old pick still looks the same other than the column and the fact that it has a bed now)
Attachment 706525
the long bed I cut the bump stop mounts off and lowered the clutch petal (the stop had gotten bent up so the clutch petal was way higher than the brake) then went for a drive.
Attachment 706526

:chop:

kieth 02-28-2011 11:14 AM

It was not me doing the paint, a friend of mine is one hell of a painter and he volunteered to do all the shooting. I did not pay attention he was wearing a mask of some sort but not a respirator. He made the metalic on the medium fawn poly paint really stand out. Just as a point of reference it took 2 quarts of this PPG paint to cover the dash, roof,doors, and firewall. We did not paint the floor since we were just going to cover it up with sticky sound proofing and insulation but we did por-15 it for rust. the paint for the interior was only $27.00 per quart.

My painter buddy also does soda and walnut shell blasting, he is coming back over next week to do the rest of the front clip and bed he said this soda blasting saves a lot of man hours sanding, and after the small amount of body work is done, her can etch primer, seal, lay base coat, and clear coat in one day............now that is fast, but it will take 2-3 days to do all the bodywork.......preparing for him to come over and paint it. :gmc2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 4518469)
Keith I hope you are using a mask, Your lung don't got a drain valve.

lakeroadster 02-28-2011 11:39 AM

Kieth,

There has been a lot of discussion here on the paint and body forum about not using soda blasting due to bad problems showing up in the paint down the road. Might want to use media like nickle slag instead. From what I have read most of the companies that make paint will not stand behind there products if soda balsting is used.

Just saying... not preaching, just trying to help.

John

jimmydean 02-28-2011 01:30 PM

Test fit of my pimp seats.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...2-26225457.jpg

timjt 02-28-2011 02:30 PM

jimmydean,
got a nice lone wolf image with that single seat ;)

jimmydean 02-28-2011 03:25 PM

Well, until I get the controls figured out, I can't put the passenger one in. :lol:

I was lucky the driver seat was in an ok position when I started. But I hope to have the seats wired this week along with my center jump seat installed. My wife thought it was funny that my old motorcycle was solo, too.

steverino66 02-28-2011 04:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Fixed this passenger fender brace rust - not especially pretty and I cut some pieces from an old scrap Toyota tailgate (same gauge sheetmetal…), but the fender will hide it and I won't tell anyone but you guys.

kieth 02-28-2011 04:51 PM

I think due to the cost we are going to use walnut shells, only $7.00 per bag. On the soda blasting I think one has to do some other treatment to neutralize it, but my painter said the most important thing after all of that is using a etching primer, then a sealing primer, then a base coat, and then clear. heck the sealing primer and etching primer cost as much as the paint. It is expensive but the results seem to be worth it.
At the present time we are sanding the cab and getting it ready to seal and then paint with a test coat of PPG base coat clear coat.
LT1burb on this forum was nice enough to help me with his paint code, but after seeing a good chip of the color we determined that it had too much blue in it. PPG mixed a custom light green (started with a 503 stock lt green)added a metalic base replacing the white in the formula and using a transparent yellow instead of a std yellow. I think this will give me the look I wanted. Stock but with a little Kick....only applying it will tell the tale. Will post pictures when cab gets shot.
Thanks for the advise on the baking soda........will let you know how it all comes out. Kieth :gmc2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeroadster (Post 4519734)
Kieth,

There has been a lot of discussion here on the paint and body forum about not using soda blasting due to bad problems showing up in the paint down the road. Might want to use media like nickle slag instead. From what I have read most of the companies that make paint will not stand behind there products if soda balsting is used.

Just saying... not preaching, just trying to help.

John

glendale 02-28-2011 08:54 PM

yesterday i went out to start the truck and button up the burnt wiring and new parts install. the battery was as dead as could be. sooo i am going to rewire the whole truck i am over it. and lost hope your helping :lol:!

impalaboy9 02-28-2011 11:30 PM

Drove it for the first time yesterday!

neto 02-28-2011 11:39 PM

Decided to stop working on the 65 and move all the trucks around and work on the 63 just to have something to drive around the block.

nachodog2 03-01-2011 09:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i added my freebie steering wheel

chris6499 03-01-2011 11:31 PM

ordered a fuel tank from boyd welding

kirtzen 03-02-2011 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cut the bottom of my drivers door.
Attachment 707881