The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

68bowtie 05-23-2023 10:25 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
Truck in a bag

Attachment 2271777

Killer Bee 05-25-2023 11:43 PM

saw this on my way to work the other day and sent it to one of my f o r d buddies

he said wow that's cool - I said yah, I was trying to get a better look at it but they parked that dang mustang in front of it :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ruze3h4v2ez..._6307.jpg?dl=0

he's owned several really nice muscle cars, still has this one :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/24cltighec4...38328.jpg?dl=0

special-K 05-26-2023 06:38 AM

Looks like a 2wd. The Blazer :lol:

Rich84 05-26-2023 10:47 AM

El Dorado?

Ol Blue K20 05-26-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9207248)
El Dorado?

Nope, coupe de ville.

yuccales 05-26-2023 09:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Had some tree work done yesterday. Fun watching a professional at work.
Stupid sideways pictures.

mr.mud1 05-26-2023 11:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
yesterday while i was working in the shop,a hummingbird flew right by me and like they always do,flew up to the ceiling,bouncing around the lights.the little buggers are all over the place and of course,we have several feeders so they're everywhere.as soon as the weather permits,i like to work in there with the doors open but there's no way to keep them out unless i buy screens or close the doors.i thought by last night,he had figured out,the way out cause i couldn't find him but today about 3:30 when my wife got home,he appeared but must've been exhausted and flew down the wall to the floor so i nabbed in a butterfly net with a long handle i keep for just that purpose.she freed him from the net and he sat there on her hand for about 10 minutes.you could see him huffin and puffin but eventually he gathered himself together and like a shot,was gone.maybe i'll open the doors 1/2 way or so and see if that keeps them out?

4u2nv 05-27-2023 06:27 AM

One of natures best
I had a feeder at one time and after I found out that if you didn't keep it clean from algae it would kill the little guys , true or not I took it down .
Still get to see them around the flowers though.

special-K 05-27-2023 06:29 AM

Isn't that something you'd never expect to do? Hold a humming bird in your hand? I had a similar experience. I have a vestibule/open foyer leading into the mudroom, no door. It has a sloped ceiling. To the left of the door is an area with shelves and two windows. One day a hummingbird was fluttering up against the ceiling or dropping down bumping into the glass trying to get out. I climbed up to reach the ceiling, put my cupped hands under it, and it dropped into my hands. I climbed down, held my hands out in the open doorway, and he buzzed off. You know that thing felt it was so hopeless getting out, and so exhausted, it figured surrendering and hoping for trust was it's best choice. Yours is the only other story like this I've heard

I stopped putting up feeders, too. I heard about the algae and they didn't really hit the feeders up that much. my sister has to fill hers twice a day. Mine sitting so long would be likely to get algae. Plus ants went for it more than hummers. I have plenty of flowers those guys like to cruise through and hit. It's fun to sit in the yard, hear one come buzzing in, and do a lap of hitting all the flowers. My sister's humming birds are a pack of sugar junkies who hang close to the feeder in the trees and run each other off. I wonder if they even forage the nectar of the flowers. She's up on a mountain, mostly woods, not a lot of flowers, but tons of hummingbirds

mr.mud1 05-27-2023 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9207431)
Isn't that something you'd never expect to do? Hold a humming bird in your hand? I had a similar experience. I have a vestibule/open foyer leading into the mudroom, no door. It has a sloped ceiling. To the left of the door is an area with shelves and two windows. One day a hummingbird was fluttering up against the ceiling or dropping down bumping into the glass trying to get out. I climbed up to reach the ceiling, put my cupped hands under it, and it dropped into my hands. I climbed down, held my hands out in the open doorway, and he buzzed off. You know that thing felt it was so hopeless getting out, and so exhausted, it figured surrendering and hoping for trust was it's best choice. Yours is the only other story like this I've heard

I stopped putting up feeders, too. I heard about the algae and they didn't really hit the feeders up that much. my sister has to fill hers twice a day. Mine sitting so long would be likely to get algae. Plus ants went for it more than hummers. I have plenty of flowers those guys like to cruise through and hit. It's fun to sit in the tard, hear one come buzzing in, and do a lap of hitting all the flowers. My sister's humming birds are a pack of sugar junkies who hang close to the feeder in the trees and run each other off. I wonder if they even forage the nectar of the flowers. She's up on a mountain, mostly woods, not a lot of flowers, but tons of hummingbirds

yes sir,they are amazing little critters.once it warms up here,they arrive and there's a million of them.we can hear them in the trees,they roar by your head a 1000 miles an hour.pretty cool.we hear from time to time about some sickness the other birds get and people take in feeders but we don't hear about algae in the hummingbird feeders?they don't stay full long enough?we can fill them everyday it seems like although we had one empty the other day,faster than normal.my wife has a camera to watch for wildlife.she went through the pictures and old Mr racoon found it,he was cuddled right up to it sucking out out the sugar water.the little birds are cool and it seems to be something that most people who stay here in the airbnb unit,comment on when they leave comments in the guest book.they are all fascinated by the hummingbirds.pretty cool.take care.

Micmac 05-27-2023 10:23 AM

Greg,
We also have a feeder, and I had never heard of what Special-K was talking about so I turned on the google machine and found this.

If mold and fungus grow in the feeder, the fungus can infect the hummingbird's tongue and make it swell up causing the condition known as Hummers Candidiasis.

You can use a bleach solution (made from 1 part bleach to 9 parts water) or a vinegar solution (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water). Make sure you rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water before refilling them. You'll need to clean hummingbird feeders more frequently than other feeders.

FleetsidePaul 05-27-2023 10:44 AM

We had a hummingbird feeder and I let it run dry. Not for long, I was just being lazy. But I was in the garage with the door open and this little hummingbird flew in and cussed me out something fierce. :lol:

I filled the feeder right then.

68bowtie 05-27-2023 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bass pro shops…

Attachment 2272246

yuccales 05-27-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9207606)
Bass pro shops…

Attachment 2272246

Fantastic! :flag:

special-K 05-27-2023 09:13 PM

Love the flags. Many flags out today going into town.

mr.mud1 05-28-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9207481)
Greg,
We also have a feeder, and I had never heard of what Special-K was talking about so I turned on the google machine and found this.

If mold and fungus grow in the feeder, the fungus can infect the hummingbird's tongue and make it swell up causing the condition known as Hummers Candidiasis.

You can use a bleach solution (made from 1 part bleach to 9 parts water) or a vinegar solution (1 part vinegar to 2 parts water). Make sure you rinse all parts thoroughly with clean water before refilling them. You'll need to clean hummingbird feeders more frequently than other feeders.

good to know.when they empty i fill them but my wife washes them??i figured there was no need but she's probably right to do that?i hate it when she's right?i should be used to it by now.

mr.mud1 05-28-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9207483)
We had a hummingbird feeder and I let it run dry. Not for long, I was just being lazy. But I was in the garage with the door open and this little hummingbird flew in and cussed me out something fierce. :lol:

I filled the feeder right then.

a smart man.

Micmac 05-28-2023 12:08 AM

I learned a long time ago "yes dear" works pretty good! :hh:

special-K 05-28-2023 10:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9207652)
I learned a long time ago "yes dear" works pretty good! :hh:

I tried that but had a hard time with it at times. I'm divorced now :lol:

CG 05-28-2023 07:35 PM

I read somewhere (probably on the web) that humming birds sometimes go into open garages because of the safety cord that hangs down for manually opening and closing garage doors when the power goes out. Usually white cord with the red handle. They mistake the handle for a flower, then nope, and out they try to fly, maybe in to a closed window or something and get themselves all discombobulated.

FleetsidePaul 05-30-2023 02:17 AM

I was getting a late night snack.

Cup O Noodles. But now there is no "O'. It's just Cup Noodles. What happened to the O?

And my stove is not as dirty as it appears in the pic. I wiped it down this morning. The dust around here is murder.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._O_Noodles.jpg

special-K 05-30-2023 05:43 AM

They changed the name from Cup O Noodles to Cup Noodles in '93. I wonder why? It seems Cup O Noodles sticks better than the new version. I also didn't realize they dropped the O until I just looked it up. What does that say for brand recognition when people are still using the original name, without even realizing it changed, for 30 years. I'd be thinking about changing it back to the name that stuck.

Boog 05-30-2023 06:49 AM

The Grammar Police got em maybe? What do you want, good grammar or good taste? :lol:

4u2nv 05-30-2023 06:58 AM

It must of offended someone

FleetsidePaul 05-30-2023 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9208032)
They changed the name from Cup O Noodles to Cup Noodles in '93. I wonder why? It seems Cup O Noodles sticks better than the new version. I also didn't realize they dropped the O until I just looked it up. What does that say for brand recognition when people are still using the original name, without even realizing it changed, for 30 years. I'd be thinking about changing it back to the name that stuck.

I don't get it either. Kentucky Fried Chicken changed to KFC because they didn't want "fried' in the name. Like anyone doesn't know that it's fried chicken. How dumb do they think we are?

Dunkin Donuts is now called just Dunkin. :rolleyes: Really? You don't sell donuts and coffee? Now you are all that?

Reminds me of a funny Dunkin thing I saw on the net.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSvNhxKJJyU

special-K 05-30-2023 09:17 AM

What's in a name anyway, ey? Maybe there's an Irish O'Noodle family who sued, I dunno.

Maybe they feared the O would be associated with Spaghetti Os

Baltimore people don't even say Orioles anymore. It's always the Os (da Aouz, lol). Ok, cute at first. "How 'bout dem Os?" (watch at Baltimorese video). I like the whole name. It's really cool being named for an actual bird that is the state bird and name after Baltimore. Ok, back to Cup Noodles, borrrrr...ing :lol:

Not a picture I took. I'm braking the rules on that. Here is what I couldn't put in print for yous...lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KylF4...1vcmVzZQ%3D%3D

67 twins 05-30-2023 10:13 AM

Anyone remember when Jack in the Box tried to change their name to Monterey Jack's? People hated it and they changed it back

72 tigger 05-30-2023 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Abandoned feed mill in southern Indiana. I can envision a few farmers in bib overalls sitting on that porch shooting the bull

dave6672 05-30-2023 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice pic Kirk. That place is across the river and about 30 miles from my house. It was open as an antique shop for a while but that's been quite some time ago. I took this pic in 2022.

special-K 05-30-2023 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9208096)
Abandoned feed mill in southern Indiana. I can envision a few farmers in bib overalls sitting on that porch shooting the bull

And all their pickups parked there. Don't forget the pickups! :D

dieseldawg142 05-30-2023 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2272477

LUV2XCLR8 05-31-2023 05:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Memorial Day 2023 - Almost finished with my Shop Truck Project :metal:

72 tigger 05-31-2023 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9208106)
Nice pic Kirk. That place is across the river and about 30 miles from my house. It was open as an antique shop for a while but that's been quite some time ago. I took this pic in 2022.

That’s funny that we both stopped to snap a pic!

72 tigger 05-31-2023 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 9208310)

Nice work

special-K 05-31-2023 05:58 AM

Nice truck

68bowtie 05-31-2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9208316)
That’s funny that we both stopped to snap a pic!

I’m not convinced that’s the same place. How can you be sure?

72c20customcamper 05-31-2023 09:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Past this yesterday

Boog 05-31-2023 09:22 AM

Quote:

Nice change. I like it. Do you plan to do any serious towing/hauling with it or just cruise it? 5th wheel hitch?

FleetsidePaul 05-31-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9208355)
Past this yesterday

:lol: Somebody sure didn't want any passengers.

I used to drive a 67 split window bus. It was my brothers and he never used it so I'd drive it when my 68 Charger broke down. Which was most of the time.

The definition of Mopar is borrow your brothers VW. :lol:

That old bus was the worst handling vehicle that I've ever driven... But it always started. :)

FleetsidePaul 05-31-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

That is a sharp truck. :metal:

Today I got a new cane. It has a taser. I've already zapped my friend when we were trying to figure out how it worked.

It worked just fine... Knocked him flat on his azz. :lol: Sorry about that buddy. :o :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/cane_2.jpg