The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

Warrens69GMC 02-09-2022 09:47 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

2 Attachment(s)
I was lifting on one of my wagons to put safety jack stands under it when the weight shifted and the jack tipped over......

and some new hardware

special-K 02-10-2022 08:43 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This is my neighbor's place just down the road. He's a couple notches off. I tried to be friends, as so many others have, but ... Well anyway, he's a couple notches off.

He discovered buying and selling older Chevy trucks. He doesn't know what he's doing but was successful in finding those who knew less. Or at least thought he knew what he was doing since he was involved in selling. Simple philosophy, buy (not even low) and sell for more, like double. He also was less than honest, he got that crooked salesman part down pat. If a truck didn't sell after so long, he'd part it out. He was good at taking trucks apart but couldn't put one together to save his life. Then he got the idea to make his place a self-made landmark, which it already was with his barn sitting right at the edge of the road. First he took a whole unrusted Panel truck he couldn't sell and cut the side out of it to stick up on the wall of his barn. Then he ended up putting on a fender and a cut up hood. The pickup is another that never sold and he thought people would only want a five window cab, so he chopped that up to stick on the wall, as well as a bed. Before he put that there, he had cut up a '49 Fleetline (Torpedo Back) behind the doors and stuck that there. That car was solid, too. Finally, someone wanted it for the rare glass and truck lid and it came off the wall.

Long story, but here are pictures. The last one with my '72 in it shows the Fleetline tail end into the wall

dave6672 02-10-2022 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9032606)
In Maryland a vehicle only has to be 20 years old and there is no safety inspection. That is the advantage. If you've owned the vehicle since it had regular tags, then there is no advantage. Our vehicles only get inspected when title changes hands. There are no annual or semi-annual inspections. Do it once at first and you are done with inspections, unless you get pulled over for faulty equipment. Then you only have to get the item repaired listed on the ticket, and have that inspected.

In KY you pay $50 for the historic plate (any car over 25 years old), and that's it for life on that vehicle. No more yearly registration fees, only pay tax. They have both my K20 and C20 valued at $250 each, so I pay the taxes with pocket change ever year and tell them, "these taxes are killing me". They know me and chuckle.

However, there's rumors that the state is raising vehicle values drastically, so we'll see what the future holds on my truck's values.

Rich84 02-10-2022 12:24 PM

In Ct. they max out a vehicle with historic plates at $500.00. We pay crazy high car taxes. So it nice getting the bill on my 2 Squares. I think it was $24.
The plates used to say Early American on them. That was stupid as I would get aggravated every time I saw a 79 Honda with early American plates. No inspections here.

Rich84 02-10-2022 12:25 PM

In Ct. they max out a vehicle with historic plates at $500.00. We pay crazy high car taxes. So it nice getting the bill on my 2 Squares. I think it was $24.
The plates used to say Early American on them. That was stupid as I would get aggravated every time I saw a 79 Honda with early American plates. No inspections here.

Boog 02-10-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave6672 (Post 9032817)
In Ky

However, there's rumors that the state is raising vehicle values drastically, so we'll see what the future holds on my truck's values.

No doubt fueled by the new and used high selling prices these last 2 years.

72c20customcamper 02-10-2022 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yup 48 and sunny they say .. snowing pretty good

special-K 02-10-2022 09:17 PM

It was a little better than 48 here today. I think about 10* higher. But it was breezy and felt cooler. I had 18 pieces of beaded paneling cut to about 40 inches that I primed outside this afternoon. This weekend I'll be stuffing firewood in the stove.

I wish I could have gotten a picture, yesterday. These rich buy-ins get on my nerves. So big deal, it got up into the 40s yesterday. But the roads are about white from salt. I see a guy in a yellow '40 Ford Woodies driving along. I mean, my dad had a '49 Ford Woodies that was rotted out in the early '50s, wood and metal. This Woody I saw driving on salty roads sure didn't come from around here and has certainly gotten a heavy restoration no matter where it came from. And this guy is running around on salty roads like it's nothing :rolleyes:

special-K 02-11-2022 07:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I could write a book on that neighbor's goofiness I mentioned in my prior post. But how about a random campsite picture from back in the '80s instead?

Killer Bee 02-12-2022 05:13 AM

Fritz and his favorite toy - leather fish from Duluth trading in Independence last summer :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xa8z2gr2ebo...31645.jpg?dl=0

yuccales 02-13-2022 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just noticed after all the years I've had this axle, the cotter pins were not spread out.

FleetsidePaul 02-13-2022 07:29 PM

Random photo of my old Crestline banjo that i just picked up on the cheap.

I know nothing about banjo's. This one looks well used and it came with a nice case.

So now I'm going to have to learn how to play it. :confused:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Crestline.jpg

BRL 02-14-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9033617)

SETI needs to hire Fritz, look at those ears! :eek:

FirstOwner69 02-14-2022 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The "Ice Castle" in Eagle River Wisconsin built by the fire department annually when conditions permit. It's built with ice cut from a local lake in early January in time for the World Championship Snowmobile Derby. Different design every year.

Stocker 02-14-2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 (Post 9034930)
The "Ice Castle" in Eagle River Wisconsin built by the fire department annually when conditions permit. It's built with ice cut from a local lake in early January in time for the World Championship Snowmobile Derby. Different design every year.

That is very cool!!

See what I did there?

Steeveedee 02-14-2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9034942)
That is very cool!!

See what I did there?

Ba Domp Pshh! :D

LockDoc 02-14-2022 09:53 PM

-
Wow! That thing is big. Do you have any idea how long it took them to build it?

LockDoc

Boog 02-14-2022 10:14 PM

Ice Legos

FirstOwner69 02-14-2022 10:24 PM

Quote:

That is very cool!!

See what I did there?

Duh... let me think about that.... On second thought I'll ask my wife.

EDIT: She explained it to me. I get it now.

FirstOwner69 02-14-2022 11:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9034997)
-
Wow! That thing is big. Do you have any idea how long it took them to build it?

LockDoc

According to a writeup in the newspaper, the ice blocks are 10"x20"x13" and there are about 2500 of them. The article does not give the dimensions, but I believe it is about 35' tall.

Here's a night time pic from the newspaper with info at the bottom. It took about 5 days to build.

EDIT: Added a copy of the newspaper article (may need to zoom to read).

special-K 02-15-2022 07:51 AM

Wow, 2,500 blocks! I guess there are a lot of questions that could be asked. My top question is "What kind of gloves did they wear? I'd really like to know! Would make a good advertisement for them

Quote:

That is very cool!!

See what I did there?

That's cooler than cool! (see what I did? Cooler than cool? As in cold? Ah, never mind)

They did a very ice job (not a typo)... (not all that funny, either)

Killer Bee 02-15-2022 09:57 PM

happy new year from Chevy truck legends :)

feels like chinesium rubber but the price was right :lol:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/94a3rhlk4hc...asure.jpg?dl=0

Steeveedee 02-15-2022 11:43 PM

Got mine a few weeks ago. The outside looks kind of of like a truck tire?

special-K 02-19-2022 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9035396)
happy new year from Chevy truck legends :)

feels like chinesium rubber but the price was right :lol:

So that's what is in the package that came from them. Got mine the same day. I have yet to open any other the things Chevy Legends has sent. I guess it's the collector in me. But I don't need another tape anyway and I'm very particular about what tapes I'll use anyway.

Let's see what random picture I can come up with

LockDoc 02-19-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9036947)
So that's what is in the package that came from them. Got mine the same day. I have yet to open any other the things Chevy Legends has sent. I guess it's the collector in me. But I don't need another tape anyway and I'm very particular about what tapes I'll use anyway.

Let's see what random picture I can come up with

Elsie the Borden Cow... HaHaHa. That's cool.

LockDoc
-