The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

brn agn 05-16-2013 03:51 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Looks like a 1/4-28 to me. Man, why does my jaw hurt all of a sudden? Ha, ha.

CC69Rat 05-16-2013 03:59 PM

Is that a tooth or someone's jaw bone.. etc? Where is the screw and for what purpose? Just curious.
Posted via Mobile Device

jbclassix 05-16-2013 04:05 PM

Man, imagine how bad a cross-thread would hurt! That is a sweet image though.. I had no clue that's how its done!
Posted via Mobile Device

aggie91 05-16-2013 04:44 PM

That looks like a mount implanted in a jaw bone for a denture or something. Man, my jaw hurts now too...

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 04:45 PM

Thanks guys. Pilot hole and then you go through a series of surgical buts until you get to the length and diameter that matches the implant. Then the implant goes in if it stops before you get to length because the bone is to dense then we tap and place the implant. I placed 18 of these this week. They are the Ferrari of dentistry. Best treatment we have.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 04:48 PM

This is a single tooth replacement. The screw is in the bone and with integrate into the bone over a 3-6 month time period. Then we place what's called an abutment and then we glue a crown to the abutments. When I am finished with this case you will not be able to tell its fake.
Posted via Mobile Device

SactoJim 05-16-2013 04:52 PM

Hopefully you applied some loctite on that!!!!

Project is looking great Eric.....drove by your place the other day and noticed gate was open....was gonna come by a take a look but wife was with me and she doesn't care too much about truck stuff!!!! They just don't get it!!!!!

superflysteiny 05-16-2013 06:23 PM

I hear you Jim come by when ever you want. Later
Posted via Mobile Device

truckzilla 05-17-2013 06:23 PM

Hey Eric, Awesome, awesome stuff! I had to finish your thread before the weekend since my home modem died after an electrical storm. Keep up inspiring the rest of us unworthy guys. I know I am unworthy to change the air in your tires now!

And I emailed you about some shirts earlier. I hope you have a killer weekend and that your mom continues on the upward path to wholeness!

Blessings,
Larry

Rusbuilt 05-17-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brn agn (Post 6074690)
Looks like a 1/4-28 to me. Man, why does my jaw hurt all of a sudden? Ha, ha.

Agreed!!:lol:

superflysteiny 05-17-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckzilla (Post 6076700)
Hey Eric, Awesome, awesome stuff! I had to finish your thread before the weekend since my home modem died after an electrical storm. Keep up inspiring the rest of us unworthy guys. I know I am unworthy to change the air in your tires now!

And I emailed you about some shirts earlier. I hope you have a killer weekend and that your mom continues on the upward path to wholeness!

Blessings,
Larry

Thanks Larry
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-17-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6076778)
Agreed!!:lol:

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 11:10 AM

Please help me guys. I am having builders build. I am working on the wood floor as we speak. I have three options. Leave the floor solid, make the floor tilt or put the aluminum frame with plexiglass between the fenders. I want to make the floor tilt up but there will be an 1/8 inch gap between the fenders and false floor and I am not sure how that will look. I am concerned that the 1/8 gap will look weird. I dont want to cut this rare wood from bedwood until I know what I am doing. Any advice would help.

VA72C10 05-22-2013 11:26 AM

I love a wood bed, but with your frame being a work of art...I'd vote plexi.

jbclassix 05-22-2013 11:33 AM

Plexiglass scratches easy. I love the wood and I love the chassis. What about doing some planks wood and some with some sort of clear material, I don't know much about lexan or borosilicate, but if you had "glass" planks it would almost look like the bed floor was "floating" and you could still see all the chassis work.

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 11:33 AM

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps514e11ee.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps06a45b84.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/...ps68158a3e.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 11:36 AM

After talking to Del I think I will leave the bed the way it is. I don't want to much going on in the bed. Also Bedwood was nice enough to sponsor Tootsie and putting the plexi in the center will take away from the wood. Please tell me what you think
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbclassix (Post 6084597)
Plexiglass scratches easy. I love the wood and I love the chassis. What about doing some planks wood and some with some sort of clear material, I don't know much about lexan or borosilicate, but if you had "glass" planks it would almost look like the bed floor was "floating" and you could still see all the chassis work.

I think the issue I have it this wood is so nice and i would have to redo the whole bed to get a view under the floor and I dont really want to redo it. I have tons of hrs in the bed. I was planning on making showing the truck on race ramps with mirrors under it so people could see the chassis. What do you guys think?

jbclassix 05-22-2013 11:47 AM

After seeing your pictures disregard everything I just said. Keep the wood floor. Beautiful.
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 12:07 PM

Thats what I think too

Stickman 05-22-2013 12:18 PM

Wood
Posted via Mobile Device

superflysteiny 05-22-2013 12:21 PM

That is what I think I am going to do

Dinos63 05-22-2013 12:36 PM

very nice!!

Chvy2NV 05-22-2013 01:06 PM

Wood. And like you said. You could always raise the truck to show the chassis.
Posted via Mobile Device

oldman3 05-22-2013 01:08 PM

Eric, the wood is beautiful so I vote to keep it. The mirrors will show the chassis well enough for most people...Jim