The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

FleetsidePaul 04-27-2022 11:29 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9072231)
I vote for the former lawn guy who throws his tools and screams at the tree. I think he'd do a great job :D

:lol::lol::lol:
That guy cracked me up. It was just too funny to see him blow his cork in the yard. And then the tools started flying. :haha:

Boog 04-27-2022 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9072412)
Not a Camaro. Although I wish it was. But this was mama's choice. Not my first choice, but we all know how that goes.

Here's a hint. I already have one but mine is 60+ years newer.

You bought her a Packard didn't you? :lol::lol:

FleetsidePaul 04-28-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9072426)
You bought her a Packard didn't you? :lol::lol:

No. A Packard wouldn't be her first choice. Believe it on not she's never been too excited about my Packard. :lol:

special-K 04-28-2022 08:33 AM

So an old Vette? You're balancing out the classic side of the collection.

FleetsidePaul 04-28-2022 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9072524)
So an old Vette? You're balancing out the classic side of the collection.

Unfortunately not. But it is a two seater.

special-K 04-28-2022 09:21 AM

60+ years older? A '40s Ford truck? :lol:

Ol Blue K20 04-28-2022 10:00 AM

T bird or a jeep.....

dave6672 04-28-2022 10:19 AM

Vintage Porsche?

LockDoc 04-28-2022 10:20 AM

-
Man, this is getting as bad as the safe thread.... :(.. IIHY (Is It Home Yet?)... :)

LockDoc
-

FleetsidePaul 04-28-2022 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9072557)
T bird or a jeep.....

Bingo. Not a Jeep. My wife never even drove my CJ5, not once. It's a 1955 Thunderbird. My neighbor has owned it for 40 years. Always garaged. He's very meticulous about his cars. He has an 8 car garage full of classics. But he's getting up in years and starting to sell things. I heard about it through word of mouth and called him. He's not the easiest guy to get ahold of. He has no answering machine or anything. But he's a really nice guy. He just doesn't live there and doesn't always pick up the phone.

I had to wait on the money so now it's just a matter of time to arrange to meet. I like to show up with cash. I've only seen the back of it once when the garage door was open and it looked as good as my friend said it was. I have no doubt that it will be as nice as I think. My wife wants to go Saturday. I just have to get this guy to answer his phone.

It's white with turquois upholstery. Kind of like this one.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...um/55_Bird.jpg

Ol Blue K20 04-28-2022 11:38 AM

Ha! This will be a lot shorter than the safe thread!

special-K 04-28-2022 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9072412)
Not a Camaro. Although I wish it was. But this was mama's choice. Not my first choice, but we all know how that goes.

You choose your battles wisely. It's just not worth fighting over buying an early T-bird.

FleetsidePaul 04-28-2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 9072626)
Ha! This will be a lot shorter than the safe thread!

:lol: Let's hope so.

I'm just worried that he might be getting cold feet. He's had it for 40 years. I know how hard it can be to sell something. Which is why I never sell anything. I don't know if he actually expected someone to show up with the money.

Oh well. Time will tell. My wife will be disappointed if he backs out. But I'm not crazy about the car. I'd rather have a Z28. :)

FleetsidePaul 05-01-2022 08:33 PM

I got a Thing.

New motor and trans. But no beauty queen. It could use a little sprucing up. But no rust at all. Really in good shape. I like the weird cars.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Thing1.jpg

allchevy58 05-01-2022 10:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Started cleaning up and serviced Monte for our Western Meet in Ashland, Oregon in June.

Ol Blue K20 05-02-2022 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allchevy58 (Post 9074003)
Started cleaning up and serviced Monte for our Western Meet in Ashland, Oregon in June.

Nice looking Monte. :metal:

Boog 05-02-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9073928)
I got a Thing.

New motor and trans. But no beauty queen. It could use a little sprucing up. But no rust at all. Really in good shape. I like the weird cars.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Thing1.jpg

Wow. She's just a Duplicolor restoration away from winning trophies! ;)
Really you just don't see many still running around. Wonder what the production numbers were.

FleetsidePaul 05-02-2022 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9074180)
Wow. She's just a Duplicolor restoration away from winning trophies! ;)
Really you just don't see many still running around. Wonder what the production numbers were.

They didn't make a lot of them. The production for the US market was only two years. And they didn't sell well. I haven't seen one in years. I had two friends in high school that had them. We had a lot of fun in them. (Hit a tree once :eek: ) So it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me. Plus the guy threw in a 1970 CST cab and a bed full of 70 Chevy truck parts and a 71 Plymouth Satellite station wagon for free. I really couldn't pass it up. I should have taken pictures, but I never do. I'm always too busy bullsh*tting.

Now I just have to find a Mopar motor and trans for the wagon. My wife loves it. And I've been wanting a long roof myself. I have one. My hearse. But no one wants to ride in the back of it. :lol:

This is what the wagon looks like. The price was right... Free!! :)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Satellite.jpg

Ol Blue K20 05-02-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9074299)
They didn't make a lot of them. The production for the US market was only two years. And they didn't sell well. I haven't seen one in years. I had two friends in high school that had them. We had a lot of fun in them. (Hit a tree once :eek: ) So it's kind of a nostalgia thing for me. Plus the guy threw in a 1970 CST cab and a bed full of 70 Chevy truck parts and a 71 Plymouth Satellite station wagon for free. I really couldn't pass it up. I should have taken pictures, but I never do. I'm always too busy bullsh*tting.

Now I just have to find a Mopar motor and trans for the wagon. My wife loves it. And I've been wanting a long roof myself. I have one. My hearse. But no one wants to ride in the back of it. :lol:

Paul, I want that wagon PLEASE!

Boog 05-02-2022 09:14 PM

You don't see those wagons these days, ever.
With some dealing, you may sell enough of that to own the Thing for free. ;)

Ol Blue K20 05-02-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9074396)
You don't see those wagons these days, ever.
With some dealing, you may sell enough of that to own the Thing for free. ;)

Thanks for the encouragement Boog. I love wagons! :metal:

Getter-Done 05-02-2022 10:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9074299)

My Grandma drove one of these and used it to wallpaper and paint houses.

FleetsidePaul 05-03-2022 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9074443)
My Grandma drove one of these and used it to wallpaper and paint houses.

I had a wagon just like that. I bought it for $400 because my truck was in the body shop. My ex wife smashed it up and I had no rental car coverage. I figured it would be cheaper to buy the wagon rather than pay for a rental. I was right. (For once) I sold it for $500 when I got my truck back. It was a nice car and I actually made money instead of spending it. That thing was a boat and it got lousy mileage.

Funny thing about my Thing. (I know that sounds weird) But a guy that my wife works with came into her office and said "You got my car' She didn't know WTH he was talking about.

It turns out he was right behind me with cash in hand. I just got there first. Such is life. Cry me a river. I've been there too.

FleetsidePaul 05-03-2022 01:58 AM

I just ordered new stock rims and hubcaps for the VW. I want to get rid of the fugly wheels on it now. I think the paint will shine up. And they make color matching paint for touching it up. Hopefully I can blend the paint and it won't be a big deal.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Thing4.jpg

LT7A 05-03-2022 04:25 AM

That "Thing" will look neat with some detailing and touch-up. Good call on getting it back into stock wheels.