The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   My Daughters First Truck (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=484601)

angelt85 03-22-2015 03:05 PM

Re: My Daughters First Truck

Read this entire thread last night lol and joined after reading lol

Suppose to be getting my 63 C10 today for me and my son! God willing. Got a long road ahead of me on the build lol

Kudos to you and your daughter on the truck!

4dranch 03-22-2015 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelt85 (Post 7101320)
Read this entire thread last night lol and joined after reading lol

Suppose to be getting my 63 C10 today for me and my son! God willing. Got a long road ahead of me on the build lol

Kudos to you and your daughter on the truck!

Thanks and good luck.

68Gold/white 03-22-2015 07:07 PM

David,
What type of paint is that??? single stage urethane?, enamel?, base coat/clear coat?
Jeff

aerotruk63 03-25-2015 09:39 PM

Now I remember that truck. It looks fantastic now, you should both be proud. It was great meeting you in person today David . Thanks for taking the time.
Norm.

4dranch 03-25-2015 10:22 PM

Norm. The pleasure was all mine. have a safe trip back home, and thanks for the manuals. And nice rig.

4dranch 03-28-2015 11:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What a Happy day for Darrah. We went and picked up her truck. And Matthew did an outstanding job. Here are some pictures we took on the way home. More to come as she starts to add her goodies she has been buying over the past years.

TJ's Chevy 03-28-2015 11:20 PM

Very nice!!! Looking great! :metal:

Jeff La 03-28-2015 11:45 PM

Came out great. Love the stance.

cv65 03-29-2015 12:20 AM

I really like the color combo of green & gray,what color is front bumper/grill ? I want to paint mine gray front and rear bumpers and stock wheels/with copo caps
your doing a great job!

Dieselwrencher 03-29-2015 12:33 AM

It looks so nice. I bet she's stoked!

Captainfab 03-29-2015 12:50 AM

That does look great :thumbs:

It sure seems like this truck got painted quickly. Ordinarily trucks stay in paint prison for several months....or years.

Palf70Step 03-29-2015 08:13 AM

That came out great!

Mikes66ChevyC10 03-29-2015 09:36 AM

Very nice!!

mattbert56 03-29-2015 12:54 PM

Oh I bet she's going to be real popular with the boys at school with that truck hahah better get the"so ya like my daughter" speech buttoned down.:lol: truck looks fantastic man. Such a cool thing what your doin. Keep up the good work. beautiful truck. And thumbs up on the color

Zane M 03-29-2015 08:13 PM

The truck turned out amazing. Congratulations!

Grizz1963 03-30-2015 03:24 AM

WELL DONE !!

The truck has come out as well, and better than anyone could want.

I am really pleased for all of you.

4dranch 04-18-2015 09:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thanks for all the positive comments. My brother came over today and took Darrah's casual senior pictures. they turned out great. here are a couple.:metal:

4dranch 04-18-2015 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more.

TJ's Chevy 04-18-2015 09:38 PM

You have one lovely daughter. Lord has blessed you fer sure. :) Ya might wanna keep a shot gun handy....her and that truck are gonna be attracting all them local boys. lol Good work you two! Drive the wheels off it! :chevy:

likaroc13 04-18-2015 10:17 PM

Cool pics!

Ta2Don 04-19-2015 08:06 AM

Awesome Pics

Indian113 04-19-2015 08:24 AM

A Lady and Her Truck- It's a Beautiful Sight !!

Grizz1963 04-19-2015 09:48 AM

You should be so proud !!!!!

You have a daughter, a friend, and a grease monkey..... Who would not love that.

Well done to the pair of you and your support team for the last few years of work.

creep 04-19-2015 10:27 AM

The truck and the pictures came out great.

boat 04-19-2015 12:26 PM

Pictures turned out great nice work you've guys done on the truck

Palf70Step 04-19-2015 01:32 PM

Very nice!

4dranch 04-19-2015 07:20 PM

Thanks, everyone for the comments

Justin@EntropyRad 04-20-2015 09:52 AM

Your brother can frame some nice shots! The first is a touch over-exposed, but would clean up perfectly with a little darkening!

Love the color of the truck too!

4dranch 04-20-2015 10:43 AM

he took dang near 200 shots.:lol: thanks for the reply.

Dieselwrencher 04-20-2015 04:25 PM

Very nice pics! It's great the truck got done for her to be able to enjoy while still in high school!

4dranch 07-06-2017 06:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Darrah figured out what she wanted for her rims and I think she did great, she saved up and had to buy 5 sets. proud of her, And she's now a junior in college. majoring in biomedical engineering, and working at the same tome.

Palf70Step 07-06-2017 07:56 PM

Very nice choice!!

4dranch 07-06-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 7984936)
Very nice choice!!

Thanks Bill

Dieselwrencher 07-06-2017 09:19 PM

That looks really nice! How is she liking school/college?

likaroc13 07-06-2017 10:07 PM

Good to hear from ya! It's been a while. She made a great choice on the wheels, IMO. Sounds like she's a very bright young lady as well.:chevy:

4dranch 07-06-2017 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 7984997)
That looks really nice! How is she liking school/college?

Thanks DW, She loves School.

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 7985061)
Good to hear from ya! It's been a while. She made a great choice on the wheels, IMO. Sounds like she's a very bright young lady as well.:chevy:

Been busy, glad to be back. she's quite the kid. Thanks

rustbucket66 07-07-2017 10:36 AM

You raised her right. You should be proud. That truck looks so good with the hubcaps and trim rings.

Johns 66 07-07-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 7984886)
Darrah figured out what she wanted for her rims and I think she did great, she saved up and had to buy 5 sets. proud of her, And she's now a junior in college. majoring in biomedical engineering, and working at the same tome.

David and Darrah.....First to David....I have followed this thread for awhile and today I re-read the entire thread from beginning to end. You are a very good man...not many men today would take the time or have the patience to do what you did to this ole truck but I think you did more for Darrah than you know...She now has lifes lessons learned that are priceless...I do think the title of the thread should have been...My daughters last truck because from the joy I have seen in her eyes I highly doubt that anyone else will ever own this truck. David you did a GREAT job!!!

Ms. Darrah..very impressed that you are getting your degree in biomedical engineering but I am more impressed at the discipline, perseverance and dedication you had to this lil truck. In todays society you do not see many young people who have this drive and willingness to work. There will never be a time when you will not have some memory of things you and your Dad did on this truck...sometimes just sitting in it will flood you with memories.

Chevrolet did a commercial a few years back about an ole truck that was on its last legs and the guy couldn't sell it...just told the man to "Fix It"

A lot of things will come your way in this life, some good, some not so good...just know who Controls all in this life, rest in His Grace, Trust Him and He will direct your paths.

I do not know either of you but am so very proud of you both.....it just does the heart good....

Don't be a stranger here...keep us updated on the travels of the ole truck....Not sure if you are on instagram but I would like to follow you...I feel I know you just from this build...If you do not want to publish you account you can PM me.........till we meet.

John

TJ's Chevy 07-07-2017 08:55 PM

Great to hear from you again! Truck is looking great! You both have done an awesome job. :chevy:

4dranch 07-08-2017 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustbucket66 (Post 7985337)
You raised her right. You should be proud. That truck looks so good with the hubcaps and trim rings.

Thanks yeah a little proud. she's a good kid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johns 66 (Post 7985404)
David and Darrah.....First to David....I have followed this thread for awhile and today I re-read the entire thread from beginning to end. You are a very good man...not many men today would take the time or have the patience to do what you did to this ole truck but I think you did more for Darrah than you know...She now has lifes lessons learned that are priceless...I do think the title of the thread should have been...My daughters last truck because from the joy I have seen in her eyes I highly doubt that anyone else will ever own this truck. David you did a GREAT job!!!

Ms. Darrah..very impressed that you are getting your degree in biomedical engineering but I am more impressed at the discipline, perseverance and dedication you had to this lil truck. In todays society you do not see many young people who have this drive and willingness to work. There will never be a time when you will not have some memory of things you and your Dad did on this truck...sometimes just sitting in it will flood you with memories.

Chevrolet did a commercial a few years back about an ole truck that was on its last legs and the guy couldn't sell it...just told the man to "Fix It"

A lot of things will come your way in this life, some good, some not so good...just know who Controls all in this life, rest in His Grace, Trust Him and He will direct your paths.

I do not know either of you but am so very proud of you both.....it just does the heart good....

Don't be a stranger here...keep us updated on the travels of the ole truck....Not sure if you are on instagram but I would like to follow you...I feel I know you just from this build...If you do not want to publish you account you can PM me.........till we meet.

John

Thanks John for the kind words. I thank God every day for the blessings he put under my care. Darrah said Thanks also.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's Chevy (Post 7985774)
Great to hear from you again! Truck is looking great! You both have done an awesome job. :chevy:

Thanks TJ