The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

jbgroby 03-21-2011 07:39 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

NETO,

Is the fire wall color called "Mesa Tan" is that the color, you don't see it often anymore.

neto 03-21-2011 11:26 AM

I really don't know. I just got it a week ago. The outside is the same but it was painted once from what I can see. The grill had some paint on it. All the areas that are usually not painted are the same color, so I think it's original. Some one with more knowledge might know.

mudderphil 03-21-2011 08:15 PM

started getting the engine ready to come out only so much i can do on a hour long lunch time as im doing most the work at work in the shop when its not full of other cars.

awbrown 03-21-2011 08:33 PM

Took the heater apart and found out why it didnt blow any air.. it had a mice condo in it.. blasted the housing with black beauty to get rid of the smell...Also put in a new set of plugs .. I think the way it is running on part throttle tells me it needs a power valve on the primary side , I will save that for next week when it is back in thje 50's again....

jbgroby 03-21-2011 11:02 PM

With the help of a friend "Tom" in Coastal Cruisers, I was able to remove the funky steering wheel. I still need to pick up 2 7/16" x4" long bolts because of the small bolts for the old wheel. Was too late to run the 10 miles to the Home Depot tonight.

nachodog2 03-22-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LILJP's66 (Post 4565995)
how did you buld this homemade tonneau cover?

I'll post pics by wednesday, it's super easy and so far less than $90. Still gotta get hinges and the marine pleated vinyl though. I'm looking at less than $200 total.
Posted via Mobile Device

LILJP's66 03-22-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachodog2 (Post 4568865)
I'll post pics by wednesday, it's super easy and so far less than $90. Still gotta get hinges and the marine pleated vinyl though. I'm looking at less than $200 total.
Posted via Mobile Device

are you bagged or just lowered? and what city are you

nachodog2 03-22-2011 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LILJP's66 (Post 4568873)
are you bagged or just lowered? and what city are you

Just lowered, though I run airshocks to give a little lift, maybe three inches or so. The picture shows it aired up. I live near Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Posted via Mobile Device

LILJP's66 03-22-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachodog2 (Post 4568880)
Just lowered, though I run airshocks to give a little lift, maybe three inches or so. The picture shows it aired up. I live near Six Flags Magic Mountain.
Posted via Mobile Device

what size shocks? i've been debating lately bags or shocks.
what about the front?

nachodog2 03-22-2011 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LILJP's66 (Post 4568886)
what size shocks? i've been debating lately bags or shocks.
what about the front?

Have no clue on the shocks, my brother had them for his car, did not fit I came up on them, check my build thread, it has pictures of the shocks. You may be able to tell what they are. The front just has two rings cut out and bump stops removed on '73 control arms.
Posted via Mobile Device

LILJP's66 03-22-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nachodog2 (Post 4568895)
Have no clue on the shocks, my brother had them for his car, did not fit I came up on them, check my build thread, it has pictures of the shocks. You may be able to tell what they are. The front just has two rings cut out and bump stops removed on '73 control arms.
Posted via Mobile Device

cool man thanks. I have a set off a 67 mustang guess i'll try them

fryer1979 03-22-2011 12:54 PM

Yesterday I went by the DMV and got the registration all finished up, so now she is all tagged and plated. And of course, 100% mine! :metal: I think today we're just going to be hauling a load to the recyclers. But that depends on what the weather does, it's trying to start snowing again.

Real_McCoy 03-22-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fryer1979 (Post 4569839)
Yesterday I went by the DMV and got the registration all finished up, so now she is all tagged and plated. And of course, 100% mine! :metal: I think today we're just going to be hauling a load to the recyclers. But that depends on what the weather does, it's trying to start snowing again.

Congrats!!! I need to get my white 66 registered before I go too far with its build. I am ready to tear it apart, but need it running to get the registration done. ARGGGHHH!

1966Stepside 03-22-2011 07:48 PM

Brought it home from the body shop. time to make it handle, stop, and run better with an '82 front end and a 4.8/4l60e swap. Should be a busy time.

alwaysbroken 03-22-2011 07:53 PM

finished painting the underside of my new box

mudderphil 03-22-2011 07:59 PM

just sat in the truck and preatended that i was out cruising

rendus 03-22-2011 08:27 PM

I put a skim coat over the left fender patch panel I welded in recently. And long boarded it smooth. If it looks good enough tommorrow morning I'll go ahead and shoot it with epoxy primer.
Next step: Driver's side rocker and floorboard :metal:

jbgroby 03-22-2011 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I needed to remove the adaptor off the steering column so the painter can get her painted and I can mount it. I had two of the correct length bolts and needed a 3rd. Wouldn't you know it that all I had was 1 6" bolt. Well Neccessity is the Mother of Desperation. Anybody else got creative with a tool?

Bugeyev8 03-22-2011 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 4570713)
I needed to remove the adaptor off the steering column so the painter can get her painted and I can mount it. I had two of the correct length bolts and needed a 3rd. Wouldn't you know it that all I had was 1 6" bolt. Well Neccessity is the Mother of Desperation. Anybody else got creative with a tool?

I would have stacked a few sockets on there before I used the washers...but hey it worked right ?

Delmo 03-22-2011 09:31 PM

LOL, love it.

jbgroby 03-22-2011 10:04 PM

Damn, I did not think of a socket. it took me 20 minutes to dig around and find that many washers.

knuckledragger 03-22-2011 10:18 PM

Installed the oil and temp gauges,set the fan controller temp,built the throttle linkage,adjusted the carb.Got the new plates and registration.prepped the last vent window and painted it.

Real_McCoy 03-22-2011 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Christian and I sat the new seats in the 66 for a test fit. Christian is liking them as evident in the pic.

Attachment 718525

BigCarter 03-22-2011 10:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i cant win this fight with the picture i have in my head of what i want my truck to look like so i finally gave in and oredered a drop crossmember and im going to go ahead a bag it. so time to start cleaning everything up, disassemble and get ready for parts to start arriving.

Touchdown67 03-23-2011 12:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finally have the paint in order and had the engine and drivetrain introduced to the chassis.... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.....