The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 06-05-2022 08:52 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9087394)
I went and fetched this home today. 200 bucks. It's been sitting in the desert for probably 30+ years and the hood is munched. The wind must have got it. But it's fairly complete. It's still got the 1600 single port in it which I'm sure is toast.

Another project. :dohh:

The flat tire was free!

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Baja_3.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Baja_1.jpg

That's a steal . I had a baha in high school used to ride the beach and dunes when it was allowed on long island . No you cant even walk on most of the dunes

Boog 06-05-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

I went and fetched this home today. 200 bucks. It's been sitting in the desert for probably 30+ years and the hood is munched. The wind must have got it. But it's fairly complete. It's still got the 1600 single port in it which I'm sure is toast.

The flat tire was free!

My 1st car was a Manx style dune buggy. Dad and I built it in our garage. Loved it and thought one day I would buy a beetle for a more all weather car but never did. I kept the DB about 9 years and drove it every day, year round. And at my age I'd still like to own a beetle in all it's simplistic goodness.

yuccales 06-05-2022 10:45 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well done at $200.00! When I built my Manx it was supposed to be a street buggy. First time I took it into the dirt and saw what a VW can do, it became my camping machine. 1600 sp had way more then enough power since I was running 1:26 bus boxes. :lol: Super fun little machine.

FleetsidePaul 06-05-2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9087497)
Well done at $200.00! When I built my Manx it was supposed to be a street buggy. First time I took it into the dirt and saw what a VW can do, it became my camping machine. 1600 sp had way more then enough power since I was running 1:26 bus boxes. :lol: Super fun little machine.

Nice Manx. My buddy has a Manx body. But he drove out of state to get it. He won't sell it.

This bug was one of those "Not for Sale' cars. My buddy with the Manx tried to buy it for years (He's a big time VW guy) I had asked about it and was told no.

Then the owner died. I knew him. He was a cool guy. But now the house is going up for sale. The family has to get all the stuff out of it. I bought it off the nephew. He just wants everything gone. I didn't even ask. He came over and told me $200 and I couldn't pass on that. He's selling everything. I'm going to buy some tools from him. He wants to get rid of this stuff and go back to Florida. He just keeps throwing me deals.

My VW buddy is going to be pissed that I snagged it. :lol:

I can't make him too mad. I'd like to have him help me get it running. He's the guru on VW's. So I can't rub it in too hard.

special-K 06-05-2022 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I really like that Manx. I was a VW bug nut in the '70s. I never built a dune buggy. My now B.I.L. had a metalflake green one with Cragars in HS (& Gates Commandos). I built him a killer engine with daddy's money. I built a '66 Baja Bus

72c20customcamper 06-05-2022 03:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sometimes ya need to go old school . Been a while since I gas welded .

yuccales 06-05-2022 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9087529)
I really like that Manx. I was a VW bug nut in the '70s. I never built a dune buggy. My now B.I.L. had a metalflake green one with Cragars in HS (& Gates Commandos). I built him a killer engine with daddy's money. I built a '66 Baja Bus

Way cool. My dad used to call them "hippie buses". He had several buses and a single cab and a double cab truck. Years later he told me "never own a car that doesn't have a radiator". :lol: Way old pic of me and my sis with the VW in the backround.

prairewolf 06-05-2022 04:31 PM

... I poured brake fluid on right rear tire to make a parking lot Power Brake with smoke easier. it worked.:lol:

prairewolf 06-05-2022 04:34 PM

... I poured brake fluid on right rear tire to make a parking lot Power Brake with smoke easier. it worked.:lol: ....... now waiting on library help.

FleetsidePaul 06-05-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9087610)
Way cool. My dad used to call them "hippie buses". He had several buses and a single cab and a double cab truck. Years later he told me "never own a car that doesn't have a radiator". :lol: Way old pic of me and my sis with the VW in the backround.

Do you know what that double cab split window is worth today? It's crazy.

Steeveedee 06-05-2022 07:26 PM

Ran 1/2" pipe across the garage rafters to get compressed air to the work area. I have been running a hose over the cabinets, and that got pretty old.

Getter-Done 06-05-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9087678)
Ran 1/2" pipe across the garage rafters to get compressed air to the work area. I have been running a hose over the cabinets, and that got pretty old.

That will be a huge time saver for you.

Steeveedee 06-05-2022 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9087785)
That will be a huge time saver for you.

I'm hoping so. Every time I go to do something with a wood working project and need a pneumatic nailer, there's that hose to deal with, and I have to be careful not to knock the nice wood I have piled up on the cabinets off. I have about 20% of a 2-car garage to do wood working in. Part of the deal with moving even further from work (before I retired) was that I would have a shop. Hasn't happened, yet. The city doesn't allow any more than the shed that I have in the back yard, and it's full of c**p.

special-K 06-06-2022 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9087610)

Those double cabs were so cool. My dad had two VW Buses, a '53 and a new '63 Kombi he put camper windows in and built like a camper. He always wanted a double cab.

I bought mine for surfing and to travel in when I was 20. I built it into a camper and went cross-country to the Eureka area. Took a trip to Baja to live up to it's name. Many stories. The paint is 68-72 Diamond Reo Meadow Green and that's an oil cooler on the roof. That bus went a lot of places on and off road

Rich84 06-06-2022 01:23 PM

Me and my wife washed my Mom and Dad's deck and house. It was a beautiful day to do it, except for the breeze blowing bleach in my eyes. He has amazing water pressure, so all we needed was a hose.

TheChad 06-06-2022 02:25 PM

We are waiting to see if we are getting our dream house we put an offer on

FleetsidePaul 06-06-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheChad (Post 9088045)
We are waiting to see if we are getting our dream house we put an offer on

I hope you get it. Good luck. The market is crazy right now.

I just missed one. 49 acres/3300 sq. ft. And the best part was the 1600 sq. ft. garage with a bar in it. :)

My 6th wedding anniversary was yesterday so I went all out for my girl and made Liverwurst sandwiches on Rye, drank beer, and watched TV. :lol:

Is it any wonder why women keep leaving me? :lol:

Stocker 06-06-2022 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9088067)
My 6th wedding anniversary was yesterday so I went all out for my girl and made Liverwurst sandwiches on Rye, drank beer, and watched TV. :lol:

Beats me, Paul.... that sounds to me like a perfect anniversary!! :lol:

prairewolf 06-06-2022 07:26 PM

...It might have been the Rye. .... a little eclectic for some. ....:lol:

FleetsidePaul 06-07-2022 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairewolf (Post 9088122)

Maybe I should have stuck with Wonder Bread.

67 twins 06-07-2022 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prairewolf (Post 9088122)

The Rye is the only part that sounds good. Liver is only good to feed to animals or as fish bait, it isn't edible.

3757chevy 06-07-2022 01:49 AM

Today was our 42nd anniversary , I took my wife for dinner at the local Steak house. We even had adult beverages with the meal.

special-K 06-07-2022 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9088067)
I hope you get it. Good luck. The market is crazy right now.

I just missed one. 49 acres/3300 sq. ft. And the best part was the 1600 sq. ft. garage with a bar in it. :)

I'm wondering if she liked it or not. I had a gal who loved liverwurst. I'm not sure I ever had it before her. If you aren't concerned with being kosher it sure is better with bacon!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9088231)
Today was our 42nd anniversary , I took my wife for dinner at the local Steak house. We even had adult beverages with the meal.

You really have a lot to learn about making your woman happy. You need lessons from Paul.

All this talk about anniversaries makes me realize my wife left in 6/6 16 years ago. I need to celebrate. I guess I'll get a pizza. Isn't that the proper "wife left and I'm hungry" celebration meal?

LT7A 06-07-2022 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9087279)
Took a ride to Seneca lake . Walk around the farmers market saw a couple of trucks at a used car dealer in Whitney Point and stopped at The Old Bat Factory in Hancock .

It looks like they sell firewood in little bundles outside of the bat factory there, in case you need to stock up...

LT7A 06-07-2022 06:30 AM

Quote:

The flat tire was free!

That's a neat little baja. And at 200 bucks?!? Dude