The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Chevyland 12-15-2020 12:51 AM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

2 Attachment(s)
Not soon enough for my Daisy
When I came home late the other night
She was showing off her new Christmas dress
;)

Chevyland 12-15-2020 01:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 8850058)
No more flocking trees.;)

Nope....
Took the flocking tent down yesterday
It’s about Flocking time !

57taskforce 12-15-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8850029)
I think my 55 may be coming home for assembly tomorrow.

Looking good Other Larry!

Dieselwrencher 12-15-2020 06:13 AM

Other Larry, that 55 is too nice for you! Send it up north and I'll take care of it for ya! :lol:

special-K 12-15-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8850018)
There are a bunch of Larry's on here and at some point we had a mix up in a thread, so I just added "other" to my Larry.

It goes something like here is Larry and Larry and his other brother Larry.

By taking "Other Larry" you gave yourself your own identity. All the rest are just Larrys, even Go Papa who you were getting in line behind out of respect.
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8850029)
I think my 55 may be coming home for assembly tomorrow.

They can do the fake patina that fast??? :ack:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8850059)
Not soon enough for my Daisy
When I came home late the other night
She was showing off her new Christmas dress
;)

The eyes say it all, "Can you take it off me now... pleeeeease?" :lol:

As far as the whole Facetruck idea and all goes, I ordered a pizza last night because I didn't feel like fixing anything and I needed to go get fuel anyway. Sorry no pictures, but it was a chicken carbonara Gucci kinda white sauce pizza. I ate 6 SLICES!!!

Also, I looked to see where Big Run, PA is and I'm not too near to there. I guess we don't have anyone near there... that looks at General Disco anyway. I'd offer to go look if I thought I could swing it.

Ol Blue K20 12-15-2020 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 8850133)
I swung by McDonald's for 3 lunches yesterday. $27 :0
McRib is back

Yeah, the prices are up there. I've never had a McRib, but I can't believe how excited people get over it.

GOPAPA 12-15-2020 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
There are a bunch of Larry's on here and at some point we had a mix up in a thread, so I just added "other" to my Larry.

It goes something like here is Larry and Larry and his other brother Larry.
By taking "Other Larry" you gave yourself your own identity. All the rest are just Larrys, even Go Papa who you were getting in line behind out of respect.

When I first joined this site ,, El Jay (Larry) told me that I was welcome "But remember ""I am better looking than you "" " I knew right away I was going to enjoy being around this guy with the same first name as me ..RIP old friend

We all enjoy company of the "Other Larry" also ..

special-K 12-15-2020 10:35 AM

I miss Better Looking Larry. Great guy. We need more like him.

So GOPAPA holds "Larry" down as the alpha Larry and all others need a prefix or suffix... or go by, "The one in Indiana with the blue '70 Stepside and German Shepard who had some kid put stones down his tailpipe" Kinda thing

This thread has had a unique issue. One I have never seen in any other thread. Only sometimes, but when Ol Blue or I post it will duplicate post. The post will take a long time post, then there are two. It hasn't happened for a while, but today I see it happened to Larry, just plain Larry, the one we only call Larry, GOPAPA, that Larry. I figured I'd delete it for him after I posted. Then it was me with a duplicate. Had two to delete.

Then the screwy thing says it's taking me back to the thread. I see a post by other Larry and it was made on 12/15. I look in the corner of my screen and see today is 12/15. Huh, what time did he post this? I thought he posted last night. Then I see it was posted about 2 hours from now! That's when I realized I was for some reason taken back to page 1 first post 12/15/17 three years ago! Happy anniversary Facetruck

GOPAPA 12-15-2020 11:01 AM

Tim ,, you got me as confused as voting machine with all that you said. ..ha ha...:),,,,,, fun reading it all though.. I'm gonna have another cup of coffee and give ya a thumbs up for passing 75,000 posts..

special-K 12-15-2020 11:18 AM

This thread acts weird. Only for Dale and I, and now you, it will sometimes double post for us. I deleted your duplicate and mine today. The other odd thing today was instead of taking me back to this page it took me back to page 1 1st post with Larry showing his breakfast. I didn't think I saw that before I posted here so checked the date, 12/15 same as today... only it was three years ago in 2017. So by accident (or computer acting strange) I discovered this thread is three years old today

davischevy 12-15-2020 02:56 PM

Please don't mix politics in here. We don't want to kill the thread now.

davischevy 12-15-2020 03:00 PM

Speaking of food prices, We went with all kids and all the grandkids up to Shepard Of The Hills in Branson, MO Saturday afternoon.

We ate in the restaurant at the entrance. The bill for 10 of us was $101.83. I didn't even look at it. I paid it before they found the mistake.

The food was good and the waitress was great.

best view 12-15-2020 09:13 PM

If u never saw that you tube rant buy Darlene about having a McRib do yourself a favor funniest thing u will ever watch never gets old

dave6672 12-15-2020 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife decided that our dog needed to go to the vet due to a lose tooth and bad breath. The vet office mentioned that they wouldn't know how many teeth would need to be pulled until she was under. When she picked her up, they said that only a cleaning was needed and all teeth were ok. When the dog smiled (with help from my daughter) it looked she had summer teeth. Seven missing overall.

special-K 12-16-2020 06:54 AM

Summer teeth :lol:. Summer missing :D

Chevyland 12-21-2020 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bam
:four:

special-K 12-21-2020 08:04 PM

Congratulations on another Christmas tree season. Merry Christmas!!

davischevy 12-21-2020 08:08 PM

Looks like you had a good year. I'll bet your tail was draggin' by the time they were gone.

Merry Christmas.

Ol Blue K20 12-21-2020 08:11 PM

Wow! It looks like you had a great season. Merry Christmas!

Chevyland 12-22-2020 12:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, it was a good year
Certainly, different due to the strange times
Somehow my back always holds up for the season
As luck would have it
My wife had me bring 2 boxes to ship for Xmas
Now it hurts :waah:

Merry Christmas everyone

72 tigger 12-22-2020 07:03 AM

Glad you had a good year Eric!

special-K 01-01-2021 03:51 PM

Happy New Year!

I don't remember if I brought this up last winter or not. But, when the pandemic hit and we were having shortages it got to where you couldn't get frozen peach slices. It stayed that way until peach season. I am in the habit of eating oatmeal every morning and I like to have some peach slices with it. Never had a supply issue until last winter. I assumed people were hoarding them for their freezers, or maybe the crop was low that season. Everything went back to normal last summer but doggone if as soon as cases started to spike in Nov, there went the peaches! I don't ask for much in life. Is it too much to ask that I have me some peaches? :whine:

I'm sorry for dragging you all into my drama, but this is Facetruck, and we are friends, right? :lol:

davischevy 01-01-2021 07:18 PM

I love peaches, but I have never eaten them in oatmeal. I eat peaches in corn flakes and with cake, but never thought of oatmeal. I usually eat blueberries or nuts in my oatmeal.

I love Texas ruby red grapefruit. I'm eating one now. My keyboards a little sticky.

davischevy 01-01-2021 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Santa Clause got me a headlight.

special-K 01-01-2021 09:09 PM

I should start using one of those, so I could see what I'm doing and all. Do you have frozen peach slices in your town?

I thaw the peach slices, cut them up, shake on some cinnamon, some flax seed, oatmeal goes in, then milk. Out of the microwave I put a palm full of frozen wild blueberries on. Those thaw right out. I could be flexible and just buy the mixed fruit, berry medley, or strawberries.