The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

Fleet '66 12-22-2012 01:15 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Congrats on the nomination for TOTY Alan. I put my vote in for you.
There are a lot of nice trucks in the running but I'm a little bias as well Alan.

Come on folks get your votes in !!

cAlvis165 12-22-2012 01:27 PM

You got my vote too, sir. Beautiful job on your truck. Merry Christmas!

Chad

Alan's Classic 12-22-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5771557)
I did my part. :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 5771604)
Me Too!!!! Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!!!!:chevy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleet '66 (Post 5772379)
Congrats on the nomination for TOTY Alan. I put my vote in for you.
There are a lot of nice trucks in the running but I'm a little bias as well Alan.

Come on folks get your votes in !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cAlvis165 (Post 5772399)
You got my vote too, sir. Beautiful job on your truck. Merry Christmas!

Chad

Thanks Guys!! I wonder if mine was on bags, would change the vote. His is the only competitor that's on the ground. No disrespect at all, just an observation. It as well as the rest are very solid trucks. Just trying to figure out what I'm lacking. ;) If the vote ends like it is now, I will feel honored to be runner up due to the quality of the rest of the trucks. It is a very difficult vote for ya'll, it wasn't too hard for me. :lol:

Merry Christmas!!

pdxhall 12-23-2012 05:20 AM

Merry Christmas Alan. You've got my vote. Not only for a very nice truck but for all the great info you've shared over the years during your build. You've been an inspiration to many.:metal:

Solo2002 12-24-2012 02:37 AM

You got my vote the trucks awesome and your advise is great to have keep working on it cause it just keeps getting better and better every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bomp 12-24-2012 10:48 PM

:agree:
I've learned tons.
You got my vote.

88Lt1wagon 12-26-2012 11:52 AM

I just read through your whole build, and like so many on here, you've inspired me :) I also voted for you, good luck, and nice work.

Alan's Classic 12-26-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 5773514)
Merry Christmas Alan. You've got my vote. Not only for a very nice truck but for all the great info you've shared over the years during your build. You've been an inspiration to many.:metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solo2002 (Post 5775078)
You got my vote the trucks awesome and your advise is great to have keep working on it cause it just keeps getting better and better every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 5776408)
:agree:
I've learned tons.
You got my vote.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 88Lt1wagon (Post 5778343)
I just read through your whole build, and like so many on here, you've inspired me :) I also voted for you, good luck, and nice work.

Thanks guys for the support during the vote and the encouraging words.

Jason, thanks for taking the time to read the novel!! Thanks again for the comments.

I went back and scanned the first 16 pages of the build. I was actually looking for a pic for someone and got lost in the moment. It's amazing to see where I started. I'm so glad that I stuck with it.

likaroc13 12-29-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5772609)
Thanks Guys!! I wonder if mine was on bags, would change the vote. His is the only competitor that's on the ground. No disrespect at all, just an observation. It as well as the rest are very solid trucks. Just trying to figure out what I'm lacking. ;) If the vote ends like it is now, I will feel honored to be runner up due to the quality of the rest of the trucks. It is a very difficult vote for ya'll, it wasn't too hard for me. :lol:

Merry Christmas!!

Got my vote, Alan. I'm sure there's a little bias towards the ground scraper, as that seems to be the rage these days. I mean no disrespect either, because there are many bagged trucks I like as well. As a follower of yours since I joined, I feel something has to be said for voting for one of the true "good" guys of the forum. While the other guys might be just as great, I just haven't been quite as involved or familiar with their builds. You deserve every bit of attention you get from your truck, & I feel like you'll still be rewarded in time, even if not lucky enough to win now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 12-29-2012 11:17 AM

I didn't even think about it not being bagged. It's just a really nice truck. I don't think anybody would chose a bagged one over yours for that reason. For the hell of it do a Photo Shop of your truck on bags. :uhmk:

daverod 12-29-2012 12:55 PM

At this point of the game I don't think it even about the truck. You're a great guy Alan and I hope you win. Every part of your truck is done right and you have the close ups to prove it. So when are you bagging it?

Alan's Classic 12-30-2012 12:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 5782991)
Got my vote, Alan. I'm sure there's a little bias towards the ground scraper, as that seems to be the rage these days. I mean no disrespect either, because there are many bagged trucks I like as well. As a follower of yours since I joined, I feel something has to be said for voting for one of the true "good" guys of the forum. While the other guys might be just as great, I just haven't been quite as involved or familiar with their builds. You deserve every bit of attention you get from your truck, & I feel like you'll still be rewarded in time, even if not lucky enough to win now.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks man!! The win would have been another feather in the old hat. I seriously thought the burb would win the whole thing. I love it. I like the ground scrapers as well. My wife can't stand them. I would like to bag a truck just to do it. Until I get a succesful business going on, that is out of the question right now. This truck bout broke me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5783401)
I didn't even think about it not being bagged. It's just a really nice truck. I don't think anybody would chose a bagged one over yours for that reason. For the hell of it do a Photo Shop of your truck on bags. :uhmk:

I might just do that, photo shop that is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5783565)
At this point of the game I don't think it even about the truck. You're a great guy Alan and I hope you win. Every part of your truck is done right and you have the close ups to prove it. So when are you bagging it?

Thanks Dave!! This won't be bagged by me, unless something drastic happens.

For your entertainment.

Strodder 12-30-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5784724)
This won't be bagged by me, unless something drastic happens.

Yeah like when you need new ball joint boots. :haha:

Alan's Classic 01-01-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5785169)
Yeah like when you need new ball joint boots. :haha:

:thumbs:

Happy New Year to all my friends and faithful followers. Stay safe and use a designated driver or a tow truck if your drinking.

God Bless

If your wondering what I'm working on since there is no progress with mine. Check out Gregs65 build

or the 65 Mustang

Alan's Classic 01-02-2013 12:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw this rear bumper and really like it. Don't know what it came off of, but it looks familiar. I'm guessing Dodge right now.

Palf70Step 01-02-2013 08:24 AM

That bumper does look good on there. I think you are correct in that it is from a RAM.

Strodder 01-02-2013 11:10 AM

That does look good. I've been thinking of that for a while now. I have a rear bumper off a 90's Chevy truck that I shaved smooth. Just waiting for the time to try it on my step side. Maybe shorten it to fit better? :uhmk:

65Custom 01-04-2013 11:34 AM

yep it does look good I hadn't thought of that for mine now I got another option if I ever can get back on it.

Alan's Classic 01-10-2013 01:32 PM

Wondering what it would look like. Glad I did it the way I did. ;)

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...5844F888A6.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 01-10-2013 01:43 PM

Looks good the way you built it. :metal: If it ain't broke , don't fix it. :lol:

daverod 01-10-2013 02:01 PM

:lol:Too redneck to be a lowrider.:lol: That's alright rednecks are cool too.:metal: Trucks cool ether way.

65Custom 01-10-2013 02:08 PM

I think it looks the way you did it is the best, and the photo shop pic looks good too

shortbed70 01-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5808479)
Looks good the way you built it. :metal: If it ain't broke , don't fix it. :lol:

Agreed! I wouldn't change a thing except maybe a set of aftermarket wheels.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 01-10-2013 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 5809515)
Agreed! I wouldn't change a thing except maybe a set of aftermarket wheels.
Posted via Mobile Device

But if he put some DUB's on it it would look better lower. :metal:

Alan's Classic 01-11-2013 12:37 AM

Hate to break your hearts...........................but it will remain the same. ;)

Troy, I've got a thing for Rallies, they never go out of style. ;)

Palf70Step 01-11-2013 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5809734)
Hate to break your hearts...........................but it will remain the same. ;)

Troy, I've got a thing for Rallies, they never go out of style. ;)

I am glad. It looks soooooo much better as she is than slammed. And so tru about the ralleys!:sumo:

Dinos63 01-11-2013 11:45 AM

your truck is killer just the way it is! and your workmanship is so nice

sdailey 01-11-2013 09:55 PM

Rallies............a man's best friend, wait is that right?:lol:

flips72 01-14-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5808450)
Wondering what it would look like. Glad I did it the way I did. ;)

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...5844F888A6.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

ditto... but that looks good as well, but i dont believe you could make your truck look bad if you tried.

Alan's Classic 01-20-2013 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 5810007)
I am glad. It looks soooooo much better as she is than slammed. And so tru about the ralleys!:sumo:

Thanks Bill. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 5810372)
your truck is killer just the way it is! and your workmanship is so nice

Thanks Dino!! I appreciate that!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdailey (Post 5811550)
Rallies............a man's best friend, wait is that right?:lol:

In this converstion it is. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5817543)
ditto... but that looks good as well, but i dont believe you could make your truck look bad if you tried.

Thanks Jeff. :thumbs:

Not much progress, but I did change out the sand in the blast cabinet with black diamond media, and what a difference. Sand isn't a good idea anyways for several reasons. Other than health reasons, it turns to powder and I can't see anything inside the cabinet. I'd have to stop and let the dust clear. Now I can blast for a while.

I blasted my bumper fillers, that's the only progress on the truck so far.

Alan's Classic 01-29-2013 12:06 AM

For those that might have noticed, I'm not a mod any more per my request. During the past few months I have not been able to dedicate the time to be an effective moderator. Liz stated I can be a mod again when time permits.
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 01-29-2013 12:21 AM

I never noticed you were a Moderator. :uhmk:

Alan's Classic 02-04-2013 09:58 PM

After about 2 months of sitting I went for a short drive to lubricate the seals.
Posted via Mobile Device

greg65 02-04-2013 10:58 PM

Swing by and pick me up. You have no idea how long it's been since I've rode in one of the trucks. Well except in my basement. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan's Classic 02-04-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5868114)
Swing by and pick me up. You have no idea how long it's been since I've rode in one of the trucks. Well except in my basement. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Since your cab is still on my trailer I can pull you around in your cab. ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

greg65 02-04-2013 11:35 PM

Good enough. I can lean back and leave the driving to you.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan's Classic 02-04-2013 11:41 PM

I would like too drive the truck out your way one day if I ever get the time. Then head to tallapoosa to cruise where I cruised in high school.
Posted via Mobile Device

greg65 02-04-2013 11:53 PM

I want to do the same but I would be driving back in Alabama. It will be a long time before I am to that point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Alan's Classic 02-28-2013 12:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I got to play a little with a small TIG welder today. Shannon brought it over to see if I like it or not. We will try some sheet metal tomorrow. I am by no means a TIG welder, but it doesn't look too bad.

Inverter 02-28-2013 02:30 AM

Alan,
You are an inspiration to all. This truck is an incredible example of clean & precise skill and experience. Im glad I got to see it come together.

Its beautiful. :)