The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

special-K 06-07-2022 06:40 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9088247)
It looks like they sell firewood in little bundles outside of the bat factory there, in case you need to stock up...

I thought those were reject bat stock, cut too short :ito:
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9088250)
That's a neat little baja. And at 200 bucks?!? Dude

I dig the orange suede

72c20customcamper 06-07-2022 09:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9088247)
It looks like they sell firewood in little bundles outside of the bat factory there, in case you need to stock up...

Don’t think I’ll have any chance of running out . Friend of mine was coming up for the weekend forgot the number of my house he found it with google maps satellite view. Looked for the house with huge piles of wood

CWW 06-07-2022 06:19 PM

I took the week off and my wife and I are spending it with our granddaughters. They are 2 and 6 and both have a lot more energy than we do combined

72c20customcamper 06-08-2022 01:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made a bell gong whatever you want to call it out of an old oxygen tank a while ago . Just got round to making a stand for it .

Steeveedee 06-08-2022 02:11 PM

Very cool wind chime! Is it a nice low note?

72c20customcamper 06-08-2022 09:10 PM

It's a very low pitch. Made it so it dont blow around 8n the wind hearing it at 3 in the morning wouldn't be a good thing

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2022 03:28 AM

I slept through an earthquake today. My wife called me from the hospital and said it shook the place and knocked some stuff over.

I wouldn't know. It was my nap time.

67 twins 06-09-2022 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9088893)
I slept through an earthquake today. My wife called me from the hospital and said it shook the place and knocked some stuff over.

I wouldn't know. It was my nap time.

Years ago an earthquake woke up the wife. I had to tell her what had woken her up. I was already awake & getting ready for work

Palf70Step 06-09-2022 07:21 AM

When I lived in Northern Japan, I slept thru a few, one big one. Just got home about 630 AM after a 30 hr shift (USAF). Next thing I realize my first wife hit me on the chest and said earthquake. I sort remember hearing the bedroom furniture bouncing/moving and I was shaking. I just said "That's nice" and went back to sleep. Evidently by the time I woke up around 4 PM there were several other big aftershocks that I slept thru. Luckily nothing major collapsed/broke. I loved Northern Japan except for that, but what do I know. I left earthquakes for hurricanes.

FleetsidePaul 06-09-2022 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9088910)
Next thing I realize my first wife hit me on the chest and said earthquake.

My first and second wives used to pound on my chest when I was sound asleep. But it wasn't for earthquakes. It was for snoring. Which in my case is kind of like an earthquake or at least so I'm told.

It's kind of crazy being woken up by an angry woman hitting and yelling at you. It just goes to prove that I can piss them off without even being conscious.

Today I'm moving. (to my other house) I've been at this one for about a month and the neighbors are starting to bug me. I think they're lonely because they keep coming over every day and oh boy do they like to talk. I'm getting their life story that I didn't ask to hear. I hear all the gossip which I could care less about. I'm not a Psychiatrist.

So it's time to make myself scarce. And I need to get to the other place anyway to see how many dead batteries I've got waiting for me. :buh:

Boog 06-09-2022 12:20 PM

Now they'll know what to do to get you to leave. :0

Steeveedee 06-09-2022 02:37 PM

Hey Paul, are they drinking your beer, too? I had a neighbor like that many years ago. Would visit and suck down beers. When the beer was gone, he would remember that the stove was on, or some other lame excuse to leave. He never ever brought any with him. I started bringing the beer in from the other side of the house and not having any in sight when he came over. That put a stop to the visits. :lol:

special-K 06-09-2022 06:08 PM

Such a fine balance. Seems like nobody ever stops by and I'd like that every now and then. Someone stops by and it interrupts What I'm taking care of, just as I was leaving, about to take a shower, make a phone call, or start making supper.

mr.mud1 06-09-2022 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i made this bird house picket fence piece of garden art with our name on for my wife at Christmas time and decided,today was the day i'd plant in the ground.i'm sure i'm overdrawn at the brownie points bank so maybe this will earn me a few?i need all the help i can get?

special-K 06-09-2022 06:21 PM

You sure have a lot of points to make up if you're not caught up yet!

mr.mud1 06-09-2022 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9089112)
You sure have a lot of points to make up if you're not caught up yet!

ha-ha.i'm sure i'm in good standing but if some are good,more is better,too much is just enough.i have a newly painted truck that needs painted again.that'll use up whatever stockpile i had?take care.Greg

dieseldawg142 06-09-2022 06:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well i wasted 'bout $60 bucks of fuel, and about 5 hrs of my time.
trying to do a good thing (a rarity in todays world...) by helping some person out.
turned out to be a big waste, especially for what the people were trying to do. at least my dawgs seen it as an adventure and had a good time.
went to some old cutbacks to gather some firewood when i ran across this sign tied to a tree.
Attachment 2197684

was already late in the day, and about 40 miles of old deactivated logging road out, but was thinking if this is for real, they will need some help..
so me and the dawgs started heading in. was a little curious too, as some gentleman bought the property near the end of the road last yr, and had built a berm across the road to stop people from tresspas-err trashing his property.
heading in..
Attachment 2197685Attachment 2197686Attachment 2197687Attachment 2197689

dieseldawg142 06-09-2022 07:08 PM

5 Attachment(s)
had to "build" a bridge to get across some parts of the road
Attachment 2197690Attachment 2197692

it's actually around 11 pm, but the moon was shining so brite, it seemed more like the afternoon
Attachment 2197693

and here's where they got stuck. they were trying to drive around the guys berm across the road and headed straight into the swamp, 'bout knee deep mud. upon reflection of what they were trying to do, all i can say is it looks good on them...respect other peoples stuff and stupid things won't happen..
Attachment 2197694

was a waste of my time, but i'm always up for a cruise thru the bush wit the dawgs. one last pic before we hit the pavement
Attachment 2197695

Getter-Done 06-09-2022 10:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I Machined some plates.
I cut some Square tube.
And cut pipes.
And then welded me up a New muffler.
For my (new) to me ZTM.
Attachment 2197730

The one that might fit was $300.oo dollars:rolleyes::crazy:

Boog 06-10-2022 12:31 AM

Nice $ save.

Sheepdip 06-10-2022 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9089216)
I Machined some plates.
I cut some Square tube.
And cut pipes.
And then welded me up a New muffler.
For my (new) to me ZTM.
Attachment 2197730

The one that might fit was $300.oo dollars:rolleyes::crazy:

Yeah ...but does it meet EPA and Forest Service Specs? Lol....NOT!

Getter-Done 06-10-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9089239)
Nice $ save.

For sure:ito:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9089243)
Yeah ...but does it meet EPA and Forest Service Specs? Lol....NOT!

It has a sticker on there about the California forest:lol:

FRENCHBLUE72 06-11-2022 03:32 PM

I moved mine....

1slo64 06-13-2022 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally loaded it on to a trailer(picture is before I moved it forward and strapped it down) to bring home. Been waiting over 3 years for this day to come.

special-K 06-15-2022 10:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Nice to have it home.

It's been a couple years now but it felt good just getting my SWB project in a building. Still just sitting but at least inside now.