The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2021 09:21 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I haven't figured out oatmeal..To me it's like paste. Maybe I should try fruit in it.

special-K 01-01-2021 09:29 PM

Some use water, some use milk, some add milk after making it with water. All I know is it is really easy yo make oatmeal what ever consistency you want. Some days I want it loose and soupy so I use more milk or less oatmeal

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2021 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8857693)
Some use water, some use milk, some add milk after making it with water. All I know is it is really easy yo make oatmeal what ever consistency you want. Some days I want it loose and soupy so I use more milk or less oatmeal

Hmmmm. That's food for thought...pun intended. I never tried to make it. I just know I didn't like my mom's...

Steeveedee 01-01-2021 10:03 PM

My mom told me that if anyone had put milk in her oatmeal as a kid, it would have caused a fight! I guess different peops like it different. I used to have oatmeal almost every morning at work. It was easy to do, and I had a long commute in crappy traffic, so I ate breakfast when I got to work, reading my emails. I put dried blueberries and pecan halves in it. Yummay! I didn't eat it every day, of course, because even I am not that boring...maybe. :lol:

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2021 10:08 PM

You guys are gonna convince me that I should follow the doctor's advice to eat oatmeal....

special-K 01-01-2021 10:22 PM

I don't look at it as being boring eating oatmeal everyday. I see it as the same as people who take blood pressure meds everyday. This is my way of hopefully preventing the meds and a way to enjoy some good country sausage and eggs from time to time as a second breakfast. There's only so many things to fix for breakfast, cereal is easiest, it's a meal you want to take care of so you can get going, and I know it will keep me satisfied until whenever I can eat lunch. I do have two alternative cereals I treat myself to. One is an old time bran type cereal called Uncle Sam. I do the peaches, cinnamon, flax, drizzle a little honey on it, milk, and blueberries. The other is Swiss muesli, either Alpen or Familia. Muesli is mostly oat flakes but has dried fruit and raisins. It's sweet and I just eat that as it is. So eating one of the two cold cereals also makes the morning easier beside breaking the monotony... and being tasty :cool:

davischevy 01-01-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 8857714)
You guys are gonna convince me that I should follow the doctor's advice to eat oatmeal....

I had sausage gravy and biscuits the last two mornings. I know it wasn't good for me because I loved it.

Most mornings, when I don't eat oatmeal, I eat a couple of eggs and sausage. It would be better with toast.

flashed 01-01-2021 10:34 PM

I love my oatmeal in the mornings , sweetened with a little honey and some nuts on top . Yummy stuff , and healthy too .

davischevy 01-01-2021 10:42 PM

Yeah, I sweeten mine with honey too.

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2021 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8857733)
I had sausage gravy and biscuits the last two mornings. I know it wasn't good for me because I loved it.

Most mornings, when I don't eat oatmeal, I eat a couple of eggs and sausage. It would be better with toast.

This I can go for....:metal:

davischevy 01-01-2021 11:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
If I had the door and 1/4 glass in I would have this project whipped.

Ol Blue K20 01-01-2021 11:41 PM

Sure looks good!!...

57taskforce 01-02-2021 12:51 AM

Nice Larry, looks killer!

special-K 01-02-2021 08:26 AM

We keep trying to have a conversation on eating oatmeal but Other Larry keeps popping in with this beautiful '55 Chevy. Such a fine car. I'm glad you gave it a refresh and are keeping it. Many look at a car they did starting to show it's age and put it up for sale rather than do anything twice. I like your style. Once frozen peaches return, I'd recommend enjoying them somewhere besides sitting in that car. As far as eating oatmeal goes, I'm sure you'll be done with that before going out to hit the key.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We see people come here to ask, "Does this truck belong to anyone here?", from time to time. Well, this isn't one I saw out and about. This one is on YouTube and all I can say is a sure hope this isn't anyone from our website! How does this even happen?

Ol Blue K20 01-02-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8857870)
We keep trying to have a conversation on eating oatmeal but Other Larry keeps popping in with this beautiful '55 Chevy. Such a fine car. I'm glad you gave it a refresh and are keeping it. Many look at a car they did starting to show it's age and put it up for sale rather than do anything twice. I like your style. Once frozen peaches return, I'd recommend enjoying them somewhere besides sitting in that car. As far as eating oatmeal goes, I'm sure you'll be done with that before going out to hit the key.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We see people come here to ask, "Does this truck belong to anyone here?", from time to time. Well, this isn't one I saw out and about. This one is on YouTube and all I can say is a sure hope this isn't anyone from our website! How does this even happen?

Video shows girl's frightening brush with truck running school bus stop sign - YouTube

That was a close call. I guess he was in a hurry! Everyone else was in his way, selfish and a fool.

special-K 01-02-2021 02:18 PM

It's so simple. During the school year, every week, M-F, for about an hour the same time every morning, there are these long bright yellow buses that transport children to school. When they turn on their red flashing lights it means the bus is picking up another child and everyone has to stop so the child can safely board the bus while sitting in the roadway, often requiring them to cross the street. To put it even more simply:

1 - Red lights flashing
2 - STOP

Now if you are a thinking man, you will leave your house expecting to see this. You will be aware that there will be children all along the roads waiting for their bus and you would know you must drive more cautiously. If you are in a hurry, sorry about your luck. You should have left earlier

davischevy 01-02-2021 02:54 PM

Man, It's hard to believe some of the stupid things people do. How hard is it to see a school bus, or a kid in the street?

davischevy 01-02-2021 02:55 PM

Tim is running his post count up again. :lol::lol:

'63GENIII 01-02-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8858064)
Man, It's hard to believe some of the stupid things people do. How hard is it to see a school bus, or a kid in the street?

Be it a school bus or a rolling ball, I'm always on the lookout for kids getting into the street while I'm driving. Bikes too. My kid sister was hit by a car chasing a ball when we were little. Thankfully the driver saw the ball first and slammed on the binders! Just tapped her and knocked her over. Could have been so much worse had he not seen the ball and acted quick!

People need to slow it down, and I'm not just talking about driving.

'63GENIII 01-02-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8858065)
Tim is running his post count up again. :lol::lol:

And the gap between the haves and have nots widens...:lol::lol:

special-K 01-02-2021 08:06 PM

You want some of my posts?? How many, couple thou? :lol:

I forgot I was posting in the FT thread. I've gotten into the habit of waiting to see if it double posted me. It hasn't done it in a while. The one time I forget to check and I'm double posted.

I forgot I was posting in the FT thread. I've gotten into the habit of...............

EDIT: And it did it again on this post! I think one post should be taken from my count each time this happens

Steeveedee 01-02-2021 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8858181)

I forgot I was posting in the FT thread. I've gotten into the habit of waiting to see if it double posted me. It hasn't done it in a while. The one time I forget to check and I'm double posted.

I forgot I was posting in the FT thread. I've gotten into the habit of...............

EDIT: And it did it again on this post! I think one post should be taken from my count each time this happens

I saw that. It did bear repeating though, so I didn't say anything. So many people seem to care so little for other people's lives, sometimes. Or a lot.

Ol Blue K20 01-02-2021 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8858181)

It hasn't done it to me in a while......:metal::metal:

special-K 01-02-2021 08:43 PM

The excuse "I was in a hurry" doesn't cut it. I only have two words for that reply, "Hurry safely"

Steeveedee 01-02-2021 10:30 PM

When I'm REALLY in a hurry, I pay even more attention to the traffic laws. Crashing or getting a citation are going to take even more time for the drive. I've never had an "emergency" at work that required me to potentially take people's lives.