The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

Alan's Classic 05-29-2013 10:27 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 6078511)
Nice lookin' truck. Gives me wanting to get out to the shop and get working on Bompenstein some more.

Thanks for the motivation.

Glad I could help!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6078536)
The funny thing during the parade was a lady (I knew) ask where was the candy? I told her I brought the eye candy. :haha:

Candy? Really!!! Personally the quality of this Eye Candy probably sent me into a diabetic fit!!! ;););)
Just Kidding! One of my Favorites here! :metal:

Thanks Don!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6078614)
Awesome :metal:
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinos63 (Post 6080395)
very cool!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jmorales3181 (Post 6080478)
Very nice! One CLEAN truck you have there!:chevy:
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRGRS 66 (Post 6081934)
Stunningly beautiful!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 6092325)
Yea buddy... Looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks Guys!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6096809)
very nice, glad to see ya enjoying all your hard work. building some great memories with girls too I see.

Thanks Jeff!! I hope they remember these times. I know I will. ;)

McMurphy 05-30-2013 09:49 PM

Leonado Da'Vinci said you never really finish a piece of art, you just get to a point where you can, in clear conscious, abandon it.

I wonder if that will happen to us.
I wonder if my truck will ever truely be "finished"
I bet Markb could attest to this.....

I say this in open wondering of what is next for yours?

Alan's Classic 06-08-2013 07:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got a top 40 trophy today. Sorry the pic is 90* off dang phone or operator
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

EDIT: I tried to edit the pic when I got to a PC, but exceeded the 30 min limit.

Alan's Classic 06-08-2013 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
better

gimmy 64 06-08-2013 08:31 PM

that is such a clean truck I LOVE IT

likaroc13 06-08-2013 10:59 PM

Congrats Alan! How was the show?

flips72 06-09-2013 07:50 PM

well deserved: metal:

Strodder 06-09-2013 08:26 PM

Congrats Alan! Nice lookin trophy :metal:

65Custom 06-17-2013 08:18 PM

Congrats on the hardware.

DouglasRaymond 06-24-2013 10:16 PM

Recently a Google search for for an original 1965 C10/20 Chevy order sheet brought me to this site...joining immediately, my spare time is used to read these amazing build stories. I just finished Vitamin C-10 and several others, totally impressed and wanting my old 65 C-10. It was a fleet lwb, 283, granny 4 speed, hd coils, deluxe heater, custom....fleet yellow and white. I should have kept it.

I admire your truck and the effort this build took. Thanks for the story.

Doug

Strodder 06-25-2013 09:33 AM

:welcoem::metal:

Alan's Classic 06-26-2013 11:05 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmy 64 (Post 6114094)
that is such a clean truck I LOVE IT

Thanks man!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6114325)
Congrats Alan! How was the show?

It was a good show. About 85 entries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6115626)
well deserved: metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6115707)
Congrats Alan! Nice lookin trophy :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 6128497)
Congrats on the hardware.

Thanks X3, I really appreciate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasRaymond (Post 6140975)
Recently a Google search for for an original 1965 C10/20 Chevy order sheet brought me to this site...joining immediately, my spare time is used to read these amazing build stories. I just finished Vitamin C-10 and several others, totally impressed and wanting my old 65 C-10. It was a fleet lwb, 283, granny 4 speed, hd coils, deluxe heater, custom....fleet yellow and white. I should have kept it.

I admire your truck and the effort this build took. Thanks for the story.

Doug

Thanks Doug for reading my novel build. ;) Also for the comments. Stick around there's still more to do. BTW welcome aboard.

Sounds like you had a nice one.

Since the show a lot has happened..............just not to the truck. I have worked on Greg's some then came vacation to Panama City Beach. Once we got back we had a tradegy.

After boarding our dogs for our vacation, the kennel said they taught August (My 13yr old daughters Border Collie) how to swim. They said she loved it and to come back on Saturday from 1-3. We went there today and she had a blast, but while walking back to the truck to leave she pee'd and got wobbly and couldn't stand. We rushed her to the vet. She quit breathing 5 minutes before we got there. The Dr. tried to revive her but couldn't do anything. The doc said she drowned. I'm still puzzled but more so sad for my daughter. August was Sierra's pride and joy. August was almost 3 and my daughter has spent 2 1/2 yrs training her for agility, Frisbee etc. She was wanting to and was close to going to competition. August was a very loving and loyal dog. She will be greatly missed.

The pics below were taken the day she died.

I've got back on Greg's cab and things around the house have settled down.

If anyone knows of a Border Collie breeder in the south east please LMK. Thanks. We have a few leads right now.

shortbed70 06-26-2013 11:18 PM

Sorry for the loss..
Posted via Mobile Device

4dranch 06-28-2013 02:18 PM

Alan.
Sorry for your families lost.

Ta2Don 06-28-2013 03:53 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers with you and yours.
Posted via Mobile Device

Palf70Step 06-28-2013 05:40 PM

Sorry to hear of the loss Alan. Good luck on your search.

gimmy 64 06-28-2013 07:28 PM

sorry about your loss. border collies are cool dogs.

65Custom 06-29-2013 04:07 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss my prayers are with your family, Border collies are smart and loyal dogs, I hope she gets another one soon to help her heal. Border Collies are my favorite breed and there are a few places here in Ga to find Border Collie rescues.

bubba327 06-29-2013 04:53 PM

Alan, Sorry for your family's loss, A good dog is a beloved member of the family, and we take it pretty hard too..
Lots of Border Collies here in Idaho, But I bet you can find something closer..... If not, let me know....
I just cannot imagine our home without a cowdog or two
Bubba

da_bears_da1 06-29-2013 05:39 PM

Sorry for your families loss! Losing a wonderful dog is one of the hard things in life. I am glad you are looking for a new dog, better to have them then not.
Posted via Mobile Device

DouglasRaymond 06-30-2013 03:49 AM

I am sorry to hear of your lost border collie. I do wish to thank every one of you for the welcome to this site. I admit I got the bible out, blew the dust off the cover, (sly reference to a song) and agreed with your recommendations.

I should probably start a new general thread for this, but...I know I have an audience here so here goes. In february I ran across an add for a 64 maybe 1 ton, old air force truck, inline six, still blue and really affordable, like 1500 bucks. Try as I did I could not find it again. You know how it is when you see a gorgeous girl with lots of potential. As I remember it was in Michigan, do nøt confuse this with the Hemingway story.:lol:

Just this once RIP Marty and Barbie Woods.

Doug

flips72 06-30-2013 01:47 PM

so sorry alan for the loss of a great family member.

Alan's Classic 07-04-2013 10:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shortbed70 (Post 6144437)
Sorry for the loss..
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 6146988)
Alan.
Sorry for your families lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6147117)
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers with you and yours.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 6147291)
Sorry to hear of the loss Alan. Good luck on your search.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimmy 64 (Post 6147411)
sorry about your loss. border collies are cool dogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 6148607)
Sorry to hear about the loss my prayers are with your family, Border collies are smart and loyal dogs, I hope she gets another one soon to help her heal. Border Collies are my favorite breed and there are a few places here in Ga to find Border Collie rescues.

I have never spent much time with border collies until my girls got them. They are awesome dogs. She is still searching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 6148686)
Alan, Sorry for your family's loss, A good dog is a beloved member of the family, and we take it pretty hard too..
Lots of Border Collies here in Idaho, But I bet you can find something closer..... If not, let me know....
I just cannot imagine our home without a cowdog or two
Bubba

Thanks for the offer. We still have a few leads that we are working.

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_bears_da1 (Post 6148747)
Sorry for your families loss! Losing a wonderful dog is one of the hard things in life. I am glad you are looking for a new dog, better to have them then not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Amen Brother!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasRaymond (Post 6149496)
I am sorry to hear of your lost border collie. I do wish to thank every one of you for the welcome to this site. I admit I got the bible out, blew the dust off the cover, (sly reference to a song) and agreed with your recommendations.

I should probably start a new general thread for this, but...I know I have an audience here so here goes. In february I ran across an add for a 64 maybe 1 ton, old air force truck, inline six, still blue and really affordable, like 1500 bucks. Try as I did I could not find it again. You know how it is when you see a gorgeous girl with lots of potential. As I remember it was in Michigan, do nøt confuse this with the Hemingway story.:lol:

Just this once RIP Marty and Barbie Woods.

Doug

Thanks Doug!!

You might want to start your own build thread for you truck.. Just sayin' ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 6149902)
so sorry alan for the loss of a great family member.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. My daughters are healing well, but my wife is still having a tough time.

I know I'm off track here. I will update truck stuff soon I hope.

Since the loss of the dog my girls are spending their extra time making dog collars to make some money. They are very cool. Here is a link to their Facebook page. Two Daughters Dog Collars

On to truck stuff...............Oh wait I don't have any updates. ;)

daverod 07-04-2013 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry about the dog. She looks like her last days were full of fun. Hope you find a new puppy soon.;)

Strodder 07-05-2013 10:07 PM

So sorry for your family's loss. We went through it too the last few years. The last one was our rescued Mini Doxy. She had heart failure. I still miss her. :(
Ripley misses her too.
http://belair.smugmug.com/Family/Rip...P1010081-M.jpg

joesscamaro 07-09-2013 09:46 PM

Alan, I have read through your entire build thread, but I can't seem to find where you bought most of your replacement patch panels from...like the floor pans, rockers, that sort of thing. Mind filling me in? Thanks!

bubba327 07-09-2013 11:39 PM

So Alan, You gotta tell us the truth, does the big grin still appear on your face every time you go drive that beautiful truck? It sure looks great in those parade pictures.:clap:

Alan's Classic 07-10-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 6157406)
Sorry about the dog. She looks like her last days were full of fun. Hope you find a new puppy soon.;)

Thanks a bunch Dave. We found one yesterday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6158791)
So sorry for your family's loss. We went through it too the last few years. The last one was our rescued Mini Doxy. She had heart failure. I still miss her. :(
Ripley misses her too.

I appreciate it Dennis!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joesscamaro (Post 6165137)
Alan, I have read through your entire build thread, but I can't seem to find where you bought most of your replacement patch panels from...like the floor pans, rockers, that sort of thing. Mind filling me in? Thanks!

I bought all my parts thru Goodmark about 6 years ago. I was able to go over there and inspect them. Now they have moved out of GA and haven't heard much about them lately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba327 (Post 6165430)
So Alan, You gotta tell us the truth, does the big grin still appear on your face every time you go drive that beautiful truck? It sure looks great in those parade pictures.:clap:

Yes sir. I need to take it on a long drive of more than 35 miles one way. ;) I have found a cool location to take some pics and talked to the owner and he said come on. Once it quits raining I will do that.

lowlife4life 07-11-2013 06:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well that was an adventure. First post and I've been on here for a few week now rea the thread top to bottom. Reason being was gonna buy a 61 gmc and a 61 chev all in one place Now that I've seen how nice they can be. I purchased them both I've built a few pickups now (59 apache bagged and 98 full size also bagged) and can't wait to get out of my work camp to start the tear down. You have done an amazing job both on your truck and on this thread keeping a 60's newbie informed with your tip and tricks thank you very much and keep on building you are a very skilled individual Here is a couple pics
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

lowlife4life 07-11-2013 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

lowlife4life 07-11-2013 06:18 AM

Sorry for jacking if that is what happened first forum post ever lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Strodder 07-13-2013 09:38 AM

So what kind of dog did ya get? http://wtriders.com/WTR/Smileys/default/icon_shrug.gif
:wop:

daverod 07-14-2013 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice puppy:lol:

Alan's Classic 07-14-2013 07:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlife4life (Post 6167411)
Well that was an adventure. First post and I've been on here for a few week now rea the thread top to bottom. Reason being was gonna buy a 61 gmc and a 61 chev all in one place Now that I've seen how nice they can be. I purchased them both I've built a few pickups now (59 apache bagged and 98 full size also bagged) and can't wait to get out of my work camp to start the tear down. You have done an amazing job both on your truck and on this thread keeping a 60's newbie informed with your tip and tricks thank you very much and keep on building you are a very skilled individual Here is a couple pics
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for dedicating the time to read my story. You have some nice rides for sure!! BTW welcome aboard to a great truck forum!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowlife4life (Post 6167416)
Sorry for jacking if that is what happened first forum post ever lol
Posted via Mobile Device

:thumbs: no worries. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 6170754)
So what kind of dog did ya get? http://wtriders.com/WTR/Smileys/default/icon_shrug.gif
:wop:

Pic below

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 6172866)
Nice puppy:lol:

I've seen that pic on a google search of the ugliest dog.

Well the mustang is about done which means a spot might be opening in the shop. I have to contact one guy and give him first shot since he has been waiting, but sometimes life changes things up on us. I still have to do a shake down test drive once he gets a tag for it.

Strodder 07-14-2013 09:13 PM

Cute pup. :metal:

Ta2Don 07-17-2013 05:43 PM

:agree:

Alan's Classic 07-21-2013 04:16 PM

Today's photo shoot

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9DEE3C2F9D.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9DDCA09165.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9DD423F3FC.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9DC2CEF8A4.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9D046D5236.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CFEE0EECF.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CF94C28B0.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CF3358B4F.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CED00B7A4.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...9CDDF1B97A.jpg

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...A6102A6408.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Ta2Don 07-21-2013 04:27 PM

Great Pics Alan!
Posted via Mobile Device

Vernski 07-21-2013 05:31 PM

Cool pic's Alan, as many times as I've seen pic's of your truck today I just noticed you have a GMC hood on your truck. It adds a touch of class to an already classy truck, couldn't be cause mine is all GMC could it? But I was wondering how I missed that early on, oh it don't matter it looks killer and that's what's important anyhow. Do you have a pic of the one under the Coke sign in color? I like the ones outside the barn as well thanks for posting..Vernski:bling:

Alan's Classic 07-21-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ta2Don (Post 6183412)
Great Pics Alan!
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 6183501)
Cool pic's Alan, as many times as I've seen pic's of your truck today I just noticed you have a GMC hood on your truck. It adds a touch of class to an already classy truck, couldn't be cause mine is all GMC could it? But I was wondering how I missed that early on, oh it don't matter it looks killer and that's what's important anyhow. Do you have a pic of the one under the Coke sign in color? I like the ones outside the barn as well thanks for posting..Vernski:bling:

Thanks guys!! When I saw a GMC hood I knew that I needed it for my build. It has some good lines to it. Here's the color pic for ya Vern

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/y...C958CF0CB5.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device