The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What did you do with your truck today, Part 3 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=713560)

shibbby911 03-26-2019 11:24 PM

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 8495184)
wow nice frame! Is that all bolt together type?

i would love to know about this frame...

Thanks Ray

Yes it’s all bolt together

MiraclePieCo 03-29-2019 04:48 AM

Hmm, pretty dead on this thread lately. Is everyone on Spring break?

I got my driver side window channels installed, including the felt glass runs, inner fuzzy and outer rubber sweep. I also painted the inside window trim but i'm waiting for it to fully dry before installation.

I also made some window rollers out of closet door rollers. It sure is nice to have my windows go up and down so smoothly and not leak air.

DransportGarage 03-29-2019 09:24 AM

Is that what they call this? Spring break?

I'm scoring the ground for grass seed, spreading seed, fert and straw, changing oil in the grocery getters, cleaning the pond filters, staining the deck...

I think the truck is still in the garage but I'll have to check.

idbeast 03-29-2019 09:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8496877)

LOL....

Got the truck interior painted and the O2 bungs Tigged to the header reducers for the Fitech EFI. Now to start the Final Build!!!!

DransportGarage 03-29-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8496957)
LOL....

Got the truck interior painted and the O2 bungs Tigged to the header reducers for the Fitech EFI. Now to start the Final Build!!!!

Looking SUPER! That's really some inspiration to get the final assembly going!

svr 03-29-2019 10:10 PM

Very nice Idbeast, may the force continue to be with you.

svr 03-29-2019 10:17 PM

Things on the truck have slowed to 5 min some days. Working on bed right now, hammer, dolly, putty, sand, repeat. Head board has a bow in it, maybe 1/2-3/4”. Anybody had any luck straightening the upper tube? Going to take a bit of force to make it happen, standing on it is not going to get it.

MARTINSR 03-30-2019 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8496877)

I got my driver side window channels installed, including the felt glass runs, inner fuzzy and outer rubber sweep. I also painted the inside window trim but i'm waiting for it to fully dry before installation.

I also made some window rollers out of closet door rollers. It sure is nice to have my windows go up and down so smoothly and not leak air.

I have been overworked lately so I can't get fired up. I have been working on my brothers 1939 Ford Dash, I will be painting it tomorrow. It's sort of working on my truck as he will be rebuilding my motor in trade. LOL He told me when I drop of motor he is going to deliver a Buick Nailhead so it has a "real" motor. LOL

Brian

evilokc 03-30-2019 01:46 PM

/I bought my first house on . been moving since then and have only touched my truck to movie it to its new garage. its probably going to be a couple more weeks before I get back to it.

Black_Sheep 03-30-2019 02:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally have a headliner, just very minor details left to do on the truck...

Black_Sheep 03-30-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbeast (Post 8496957)
LOL....

Love the color combo!

MiraclePieCo 03-30-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8497688)
Finally have a headliner, just very minor details left to do on the truck...

Looks super. What's holding it up there - glue? Velcro?

Black_Sheep 03-30-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8497741)
Looks super. What's holding it up there - glue? Velcro?

Weldwood landau and trim adhesive

MARTINSR 03-30-2019 10:43 PM

All I did with the truck was check my front wheel bearings I got, rollers, looking good. But then I got my brothers 39 Ford dash shot today WHOOO HOOOO! It hit me while I was doing this how hard it was playing out on my mind and how hard a work it was. Well it hit me that I hadn't sprayed anything bc/cc like this in 20 years!

Yeah, it wrung me out!

Brian

MiraclePieCo 03-31-2019 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8497759)
Weldwood landau and trim adhesive

Thanks - everyone agrees it's the best!

Black_Sheep 03-31-2019 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First ride of the year, I needed to pull the truck out to sweep the garage so I took it for a spin...

MiraclePieCo 03-31-2019 05:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8498236)
First ride of the year, I needed to pull the truck out to sweep the garage so I took it for a spin...

Ha ha, I did the same thing. Must be a Spring thing!

Impressions: My truck is very fast. It's the first time I've floored it since the head change, and it was quick enough to scare me. The new rear tires ride smooth, and look good too. The new window channels and homemade rollers work flawlessly and are a huge improvement in the overall quality of the truck.

Note: Sorry about the dust; I still don't want to wash it until I get the doors sealed.

Black_Sheep 03-31-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8498312)

Impressions: My truck is very fast. It's the first time I've floored it since the head change, and it was quick enough to scare me. The new rear tires ride smooth, and look good too. The new window channels and homemade rollers work flawlessly and are a huge improvement in the overall quality of the truck.

Note: Sorry about the dust; I still don't want to wash it until I get the doors sealed.

It’s good to hear that your efforts are paying off.

If you’re not scared, it isn’t fast enough...

evilokc 03-31-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo (Post 8498312)

if you drive the truck its going to be dusty. looks cool. its really coming together

evilokc 03-31-2019 10:40 PM

tried to track down my coolant leak. I thought it was a hose clamp but it looks like my water pump has crapped out. its 17 years old so I guess I got my $35 out of it. im dealing with a bad radiator on my daily driver. basically everything I own is leaking coolant right now.
had a nice drive though.

evilokc 03-31-2019 10:41 PM

tried to track down my coolant leak. I thought it was a hose clamp but it looks like my water pump has crapped out. its 17 years old so I guess I got my $35 out of it. im dealing with a bad radiator on my daily driver. basically everything I own is leaking coolant right now.
had a nice drive though.

MiraclePieCo 04-01-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilokc (Post 8498496)
had a nice drive though.

Do you have pictures with the hood on?

idbeast 04-02-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DransportGarage (Post 8496959)
Looking SUPER! That's really some inspiration to get the final assembly going!

Quote:

Originally Posted by svr (Post 8497377)
Very nice Idbeast, may the force continue to be with you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8497690)
Love the color combo!

Thanks everyone! Sorry for not getting back sooner, now I'm busy working on reassembly and wiring!

Jim W

jeffs56 04-02-2019 04:29 PM

Nice truck idbeast what paint did you use for your dash

MARTINSR 04-02-2019 11:45 PM

Still working on my brothers dash. But I did get my heater box prepped for paint. Figured I would paint it with the paint and clear I am using on my brothers dash to get me some practice. I can't believe how out of it I am on painting, I used to do this for a living for goodness sakes!

Hope my practicing boxing to keep in touch (I boxed amateur for 9 years) so if I need it I can use it. Because if it's anything like this painting I won't be able to handle a 16 year old 90 pounder!

Brian