The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Steeveedee 07-10-2022 05:22 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Lookin' good! Now, go put a scuff mark on it before someone else does! :D

67C10Step 07-10-2022 06:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Spent about an hour a night for the past week and a half fixing the two lower corners of my windshield so I can get the glass installed. Took advantage of the opportunity and repainted the top of my dash. Shade is just a bit darker than the fawn interior. Also cleaned up the entire pinch weld area, primed, and painted with a flat black since the glass seal will cover pretty much all of it. Cleaning all the old goop off it went to the metal in a lot of places and I didn't want to leave it that way.

Steeveedee 07-10-2022 07:45 PM

Youngest bro and I (mostly him) made two replacement springs for my truck seat. I'll paint the seat tracks tomorrow, and install them onto the seat bottom and dope out how the release works...or just leave it all the way back. Short stuff wife can't drive it that way though.

NoStopN 07-10-2022 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countr (Post 9099715)
Installed my bumper. (finally)

Was that one you had laying around, NOS, or repop from a parts company?

countr 07-10-2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoStopN (Post 9099773)
Was that one you had laying around, NOS, or repop from a parts company?

Original, Not NOS. Repainted, Very heavy and i can not believe the weld that went all across the top. A lot of skill.

Got the Bumper from Iron Mike.

Thanks Russ

pjmoreland 07-10-2022 09:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 67C10Step (Post 9099748)
Spent about an hour a night for the past week and a half fixing the two lower corners of my windshield so I can get the glass installed. Took advantage of the opportunity and repainted the top of my dash. Shade is just a bit darker than the fawn interior. Also cleaned up the entire pinch weld area, primed, and painted with a flat black since the glass seal will cover pretty much all of it. Cleaning all the old goop off it went to the metal in a lot of places and I didn't want to leave it that way.

That looks so tidy. It's got to feel good knowing that rust will no longer be lurking under the seal.

I'm planning on installing a quick ratio steering gearbox. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace my current one piece decapitator steering shaft with a newer two-piece style with an intermediate shaft. Will improve safety, and will make removing and installing the column easier. I cleaned up and painted an intermediate shaft I bought from Jeff's Bowties.

Orange Crate 07-10-2022 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The only thing I did was install an NV4500 and a 6 bolt round pattern twin stick NP205.

67C10Step 07-11-2022 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9099821)
That looks so tidy. It's got to feel good knowing that rust will no longer be lurking under the seal.

I'm planning on installing a quick ratio steering gearbox. While I'm at it, I'm going to replace my current one piece decapitator steering shaft with a newer two-piece style with an intermediate shaft. Will improve safety, and will make removing and installing the column easier. I cleaned up and painted an intermediate shaft I bought from Jeff's Bowties.

Thank you. I am really no fabricator but my wife confuses my stubbornness for patience. I actually purchased a spot sand blaster so I didn't have to use my bigger blaster to get the metal as clean as I could. It still made a big enough mess. Digging out and blasting out old seam sealer was really fun.

I have a steering box, pump, and bracket from a 73-74 model truck and think swapping to power steering will be a winter project this year. Just gotta figure out which bottom pulley I need for my 283.

FL71C10 07-11-2022 09:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got my windshield washers working and put the cowl back on with the wipers all together. Got my helper with me tonight.

BLP1969 07-12-2022 12:46 AM

I received a new brake line kit and got it ready to install them on the truck, but noticed something that I need to address. The studs from the brake pedal assembly are getting very corroded, and need replaced. Where can I buy a new brake pedal assembly? All that I can find are just the brake pedal lever, but not the mounting bracket. Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

FL71C10 07-12-2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLP1969 (Post 9100514)
I received a new brake line kit and got it ready to install them on the truck, but noticed something that I need to address. The studs from the brake pedal assembly are getting very corroded, and need replaced. Where can I buy a new brake pedal assembly? All that I can find are just the brake pedal lever, but not the mounting bracket. Thank you for any assistance that you can provide.

I would think that is something you could buy used on the Forum here. You could post a want to buy in the parts for sale section

KW5413 07-12-2022 11:08 AM

What did I do with my truck, today? I stood there and looked at it wishing it wasn't so damned hot. Day after day it has been in triple digits with heat indexes over 110. This heatwave is unusual, even for us, this time of year. Some cars shows are being cancelled or, times being moved to earlier AM or later PM.

LNP 07-12-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLP1969 (Post 9100514)

https://www.classicparts.com/1969-74...tinfo/CP-2032/

67C10Step 07-13-2022 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New glass!!!! Truck is filthy but the glass is in at least.

Steeveedee 07-13-2022 09:45 PM

Got the seat backrest done. I'm trying to figure out how to compress that foam so that I can pull the cover over it and put in the hog rings on the bottom part. I wonder if they use some sort of squeeze machine in the upholstery shop? I need about 5" of "stretch" to get the cover to the back side attachment wires. My brother says to start at the back. Given that I'm not an upholsterer, I'm tempted to ask for mercy at a local shop.

72c20customcamper 07-14-2022 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New clutch fan . Old one wasn’t doing a damn thing . Truck is running normal temps again at lower speeds . Highway wasn’t a problem as the fan doesn’t do at that much at 70mph

tdangle 07-15-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9101225)
Got the seat backrest done. I'm trying to figure out how to compress that foam so that I can pull the cover over it and put in the hog rings on the bottom part. I wonder if they use some sort of squeeze machine in the upholstery shop? I need about 5" of "stretch" to get the cover to the back side attachment wires. My brother says to start at the back. Given that I'm not an upholsterer, I'm tempted to ask for mercy at a local shop.

I believe somewhere I saw that they put the foam in a big plastic bag and used a vacuum to squeeze it down put the cover over and then removed the bag. I think they used powder to ease the removal. Pretty sure this was for bucket seats, but maybe you could figure something our similar

72c20customcamper 07-17-2022 05:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally made some time for the 68 Stepper . I think they greased this truck every month . The grease and South Carolina red dirt was caked at least an inch thick on everything . When I started there was no lip on the control arm .

Jiggers72-GMC 07-17-2022 08:04 PM

Right on Mark, when I got my old Chevy the valve cover gaskets were leaking so bad it saved things from rusting out, either way it's all good......

Already Gone 07-19-2022 06:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got the new engine primed and almost ready to fire up.

crazyjeenyus 07-20-2022 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Dropped it off at the fab shop as a lwb. Hopefully picking it ip as a swb in a couple weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

jaros44sr 07-20-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 9103471)
Got the new engine primed and almost ready to fire up.

luv a sbc, nice work on smoothing out the exhaust manifolds

67C10Step 07-21-2022 04:16 PM

Ordered new wiper blades and a washer bottle/pump for a mid 90's S10 with the intentions of getting the wiper/washers functional when it gets cool enough to work in the shop. Also working on stereo system. Maybe end of September.

allchevy58 07-23-2022 10:54 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Bought another set of NOS upper trim to get the one I needed for the bed, installed Wednesday. Today I replaced mufflers and tailpipes.

LNP 07-24-2022 09:34 AM

Wow you got your own exhaust pipe bender. Nice!