The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Rich72C10 07-24-2022 11:07 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

3 Attachment(s)
Hi All -

A forum member, D.B, wanted some images of the 3M stuff I used under my hood so I needed to pull out my truck from the garage. Which I haven't done since about April. Figured, might as well take my daughter to work today :-)

Of all the things, my daughter noticed old cars turning down a road on FM 1626 in Buda, Texas. I completely missed the car turning in, so on the way back home I checked out what was going on.

Knights of Columbus 2nd Annual Classic Car Show

I love how they painted the Rally's on this C10/CST

I hope they do again next year in the same place, it is pretty awesome where the show is setup. I gave the registering guys my contact stuff, hope they get me their information for next year!

Jiggers72-GMC 07-25-2022 09:22 AM

Right on Richard, looks like a great show

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 10:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Took more than one day. I was worried about getting the headliner in more than getting the seat cover on. I sure had that backwards. New foam and seat cover, new headliner, new dome light housing. It even works! I've never seen it work until a few weeks ago when I put that thing in.

LNP 07-26-2022 02:04 PM

Looks great. I too struggled when I installed the headliner in my truck

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 03:40 PM

Thanks! I'm really happy with the new upholstery. We'll put a Mexican blanket we bought many years ago over it when the sun is on it. If I had my way it would have been parchment or black and white hounds tooth cloth. That black vinyl is like sitting on a skillet, in hot weather. :devil:

pjmoreland 07-26-2022 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105724)
Took more than one day. I was worried about getting the headliner in more than getting the seat cover on. I sure had that backwards. New foam and seat cover, new headliner, new dome light housing. It even works! I've never seen it work until a few weeks ago when I put that thing in.

Wow! Very nice

LNP 07-26-2022 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105838)
Thanks! I'm really happy with the new upholstery. We'll put a Mexican blanket we bought many years ago over it when the sun is on it. If I had my way it would have been parchment or black and white hounds tooth cloth. That black vinyl is like sitting on a skillet, in hot weather. :devil:

My 70 Challenger has a black interior so I know what you mean about how the seats feel after they have been in the sun. My C-10 seat has a Mexican blanket seat cover.

72c20customcamper 07-26-2022 06:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9105724)

Looks great . One question though I highlighted the area I’m guessing it’s a pass through? If so I guess my truck must have been similar as I have the snap clips all around the rear window .

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9105841)
Wow! Very nice

Thanks, I give PUI credit for the stuff, I just installed it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9105892)
Looks great . One question though I highlighted the area I’m guessing it’s a pass through? If so I guess my truck must have been similar as I have the snap clips all around the rear window .

Yup. It is a pass-through. When my wife was young she could climb through it. There were beds in there, on either side. There was a black vinyl piece that snapped on for privacy. The back had curtains. They would camp sometimes with just the truck; they had a trailer as well.

72c20customcamper 07-26-2022 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rotated the tires and greased the front . I may run the poor boy look for a while

Steeveedee 07-26-2022 08:41 PM

Hmm...I haven't lubed the front end goodies in years. It has a lot to do with only having driven the new parts about 7k miles. Guess I'll lube it this oil change.

sellersrodshop 07-29-2022 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sold the wheels off of mine today. It’s officially called “Shoeless Joe” until I get a new set…

CG 07-29-2022 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the seat frame and metal door panels back from the sand blasters yesterday. Got em primed and painted. Today I’m trying to decide if I want to use my new lower foam or keep the old (it’s not too bad). I have the vinyl with cardboard backing door panels basking in the sun getting ready to glue back on the the metal panels

3757chevy 07-29-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9105920)
Rotated the tires and greased the front . I may run the poor boy look for a while

Quote:

Originally Posted by sellersrodshop (Post 9106758)
Sold the wheels off of mine today. It’s officially called “Shoeless Joe” until I get a new set…

Well Mark I think sellersrodshop has the poorboy look going just a little bit more. :lol:

Steeveedee 07-29-2022 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9107038)
Well Mark I think sellersrodshop has the poorboy look going just a little bit more. :lol:

:lol: Ain't got no tires...Makes me think of an old Roger Miller song. (King of the Road).

Palf70Step 07-30-2022 02:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished up the water pump change on the 70. Put in a high-flow pump. painted it the other day, installed yesterday and finished up all the misc stuff today. She works good and no more weeping. No we can drive again!! Was a bit of a pain as it was first time changing one on a factory A/C V8. Very strange hook up on these old ones. I do like the newer serpentine setup for ease of access. Hopefully good for another 20+ years.

LNP 07-30-2022 06:13 PM

Nice job

sellersrodshop 08-01-2022 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9107042)
:lol: Ain't got no tires...Makes me think of an old Roger Miller song. (King of the Road).

Now there’s a tune I haven’t heard in many years! :metal:

67C10Step 08-01-2022 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got all the dash stuff in. Your eyes do not deceive you. That is a functional Kenwood AM/FM/Cassette player. Also installed a Kenwood replacement speaker in the dash. Will figure out some rear speakers later. With no tank behind the seat any longer I have options. It occurred to me after getting the cigarette lighter wired up that my 20 and 22 year old kids have never seen a functional lighter like this. Need to clean the paint up a bit and finish up the antenna install.

LNP 08-01-2022 03:05 PM

Looking good

Jiggers72-GMC 08-01-2022 03:21 PM

Nice, a cassette player is not a bad idea, I still have some old 'rock n roll' tapes here.

72c20customcamper 08-01-2022 07:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Finished up the frame rails . Found the partial vin nice working on something that’s never seen salt . Now I need to paint the motor and I can start hanging the sheet metal .

LNP 08-02-2022 09:31 AM

Definitely not a Illinois vehicel then. lol Looking good.

72c20customcamper 08-02-2022 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LNP (Post 9108230)
Definitely not a Illinois vehicel then. lol Looking good.

South Carolina farm truck .

72c20customcamper 08-02-2022 02:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I didn’t know the transmission was orange too .