The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Killer Bee 05-05-2021 05:52 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8917278)
I'm going to drive down to the C10 Nationals May 13th.

https://c10nationals.com/schedule/

Holler if you are going to be there and we will put faces to this drama.

wish I could join y'all but my vacation doesn't start until end of june..

have a safe trip and hope you have a great time!

3757chevy 05-05-2021 08:05 PM

Quote:

I have a Local Car Show on the 16th . https://www.florencecoloradocarshow.com/ I am entry # 16. I would love to do a big show some day. We have the Rocky Mountain Street Rod Nats in late June down in Pueblo. Probably will just be a spectator at that one.

Chevyland 05-05-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

Hmm....

davischevy 05-16-2021 11:15 PM

My brother that lives next door, had a black snake hanging around his landscaping.

A couple days later I noticed one of my grandsons remote control toys had been knocked off a card table downstairs. Problem is nobody had been near the table. I put the toy back on the table.

The next night I noticed the toy was in the floor again.

Woah.

I once again placed the toy on the table.

Yep, the third night it was on the floor again.

I could feel that black snake watching me.

I ran to the hardware and bought $50 worth of sticky traps the size of a pizza box.

I covered the top of that table with sticky traps and strategically placed the others where a black snake would go. Now who knows where a black snake is going to crawl, but I was sure.

I then sprinkled flour in spots I thought a snake would crawl, and waited.

Nothing.

After a few days I vacuumed the flour from the floor and placed the sticky traps in less conspicuous places.

Then the next day the toy was in the floor again.

I felt like the Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I picked the toy up, and for some reason looked at the switch on the bottom.

The controller was turned off, but the toy itself was still on.

Some garage door opener or electronic device was running the toy off the table.

Anybody need some jumbo sticky traps? :lol::lol:

special-K 05-17-2021 05:13 AM

:lol::lol: Great story! Wile E. Davis :lol::lol:

Getter-Done 05-17-2021 06:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8921505)
My brother that lives next door, had a black snake hanging around his landscaping.

A couple days later I noticed one of my grandsons remote control toys had been knocked off a card table downstairs. Problem is nobody had been near the table. I put the toy back on the table.

The next night I noticed the toy was in the floor again.

Woah.

I once again placed the toy on the table.

Yep, the third night it was on the floor again.

I could feel that black snake watching me.

I ran to the hardware and bought $50 worth of sticky traps the size of a pizza box.

I covered the top of that table with sticky traps and strategically placed the others where a black snake would go. Now who knows where a black snake is going to crawl, but I was sure.

I then sprinkled flour in spots I thought a snake would crawl, and waited.

Nothing.

After a few days I vacuumed the flour from the floor and placed the sticky traps in less conspicuous places.

Then the next day the toy was in the floor again.

I felt like the Coyote in a Road Runner cartoon.

I picked the toy up, and for some reason looked at the switch on the bottom.

The controller was turned off, but the toy itself was still on.

Some garage door opener or electronic device was running the toy off the table.

Anybody need some jumbo sticky traps? :lol::lol:

I was on the edge of my seat reading:lol:

Attachment 2102467

Dieselwrencher 05-18-2021 09:33 AM

That is my kind of luck! :lol: Are black snakes poisonous? I'm guessing if my wife heard of a snake in our basement she'd burn the place down. Spiders and snakes are no bueno for her.

Killer Bee 05-18-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher (Post 8922063)
That is my kind of luck! :lol: Are black snakes poisonous? I'm guessing if my wife heard of a snake in our basement she'd burn the place down. Spiders and snakes are no bueno for her.

not all snakes that are black are not poisonous....

but Black Snakes (Rat Snakes) are not poisonous, and likely what you encounter up there are the same as we have down here :)

https://fisheries.tamu.edu/files/201...f-Missouri.pdf

btw, black snakes, gopher snakes, bull snakes, king snakes etc. non poisonous snakes are very beneficial, they eat other things we don't like even more than snakes :)

this guy wanted to join me in the longhorn last summer while I was resting from cutting brush :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/i3mqgpso87r..._9940.jpg?dl=0

here's a decent size one out for a morning stroll the year before under the walnut trees, darn near stepped on him :)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nlm075gxefz...56916.jpg?dl=0

davischevy 05-18-2021 10:09 PM

I don't ever kill a black snake because if you have them around you won't have poisonous snakes.

I haven't heard of one coming in a house in years. Nothing to eat.

special-K 05-19-2021 05:40 AM

Black snakes love old houses and outbuildings because where there are rodents you will find a black snake hunting. This old place had them, mostly in the cellar. You'd see skins down there. During the restoration (log house) I had all the exterior walls built but across the front. While I was redoing the chinking we had one slip into our living room. That was exciting!

special-K 05-22-2021 10:19 AM

When's the last time you ever rode a train? Have you ever ridden on a train? When I was a kid we still used trains a lot for passenger travel. My mom never drove and every summer we would ride the train up home to Grandma and Grandpa's with her. I guess that's some history now, but not as old or as exciting as this :lol:

Steeveedee 05-22-2021 11:27 AM

The wife and I took the AMTRAK from LA to Flagstaff, AZ and back when we took a trip to the Grand Canyon. My first and only train ride, if I have anything to say about it. I could sleep OK on a Navy ship in bad seas and/or launching aircraft, but not on that train. Maybe that was because one never gets enough sleep when works in the engine room.

Killer Bee 05-22-2021 01:57 PM

been on a few train rides, narrow gauge mountain tours in colorado as a kid, incline railways down the royal gorge and up pikes peak, all lots of fun..

we took the train back to la from kc couple of years ago and it was great, kids had a blast.. 2 rooms across from each other with four beds so everyone could lay down and see out both sides of the train..

took the kids up to oxnard for the polar express train ride year or two ago and it was a lot of fun too..

I love trains, dad had an ho layout and I started at an early age collecting mine.. had a two layer 4x8 table my dad made for me and still have all my engines and cars.. also have some little n gauge stuff left somewhere in those boxes :lol:

even still have an old 3 rail a/c lionel set I got when I was around 11-12yo

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0gjyts5gesx...39737.jpg?dl=0
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/eq816h6xy0a...39881.jpg?dl=0

Killer Bee 05-22-2021 02:10 PM

grass is coming up strong :metal:

seeded

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q90mx7ch1qm...27552.jpg?dl=0

week 1

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/kbbc51emarv...27970.jpg?dl=0

week 2

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/bhpxwuy4w6u...28552.jpg?dl=0

3757chevy 05-22-2021 11:24 PM

Wife and I rode the Cog Railway to the top of Pikes Peak back in 2012. https://www.cograilway.com/
Grass is looking good Killer Bee.

davischevy 05-23-2021 11:06 PM

My first train ride was in 1966. I was 14 years old and I rode the train from Granby, CO to Hot Sulphur Springs to get my learners permit to drive.

I've done a couple of train rides since.

I have wanted to do an Amtrak tour but don't seem to get the time.

I love to learn about the history of railroads in America.

special-K 05-24-2021 06:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Until the last few years, my mom would take the train from here in Maryland to visit my sister in Santa Fe. My next older sister went with her the last trip. I'd like to do that trip sometime.

Back in '89 when we took the '71 camper truck on a vacation to NM/AZ we took a surprise train ride. We headed up to Chama, NM after leaving my sister's in Taos on our way to Mesa Verde. We got a campsite in Chama and people would ask if we were there to take the train ride. They had just opened the Cumbres-Toltec railroad for tourism. If you don't know about this train ride, it's a joint effort between NM and CO. What a great experience for my family! I hear it soon became necessary to get a reservation the year before. And we just fell into it. I call that a lucky day.

You've seen the picture before, most likely. But I took this on our drive up to Chama the day before the train ride. No train ride pics on the 'puter

LT7A 05-27-2021 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8924182)
Until the last few years, my mom would take the train from here in Maryland to visit my sister in Santa Fe. My next older sister went with her the last trip. I'd like to do that trip sometime.

Back in '89 when we took the '71 camper truck on a vacation to NM/AZ we took a surprise train ride. We headed up to Chama, NM after leaving my sister's in Taos on our way to Mesa Verde. We got a campsite in Chama and people would ask if we were there to take the train ride. They had just opened the Cumbres-Toltec railroad for tourism. If you don't know about this train ride, it's a joint effort between NM and CO. What a great experience for my family! I hear it soon became necessary to get a reservation the year before. And we just fell into it. I call that a lucky day.

You've seen the picture before, most likely. But I took this on our drive up to Chama the day before the train ride. No train ride pics on the 'puter

Great picture of family with truck. I have ridden the Cumbres & Toltec as well.

davischevy 06-06-2021 09:51 AM

Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her
nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra-curricular
activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic
after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically
told Frank (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!

Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain,
defend, or deny. He said nothing. Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of
Mildred's house and walked home..

Ol Blue K20 06-06-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8929211)
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed monitor of the church's morals, kept sticking her
nose into other people's business. Several members did not approve of her extra-curricular

She made a mistake, however, when she accused Frank, a new member, of being an alcoholic
after she saw his old pickup parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon. She emphatically
told Frank (and several others) that everyone seeing it there would know what he was doing!

Frank, a man of few words, stared at her for a moment and just turned and walked away. He didn't explain,
defend, or deny. He said nothing. Later that evening, Frank quietly parked his pickup in front of

Nice! :lol:

special-K 06-06-2021 03:26 PM

Way to go Frank!

LT7A 06-07-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8929211)

Haha, I like that.

davischevy 06-12-2021 01:38 PM

At Friday night services, Morris went to his friend Irving and said,
"Irving, I need a favor - I'm sleeping with the rabbi's wife.
Can you hold him in temple for an hour after services for me?"

Irving was not very fond of the idea, but being Morris' lifelong friend, he reluctantly agreed.

After services, he struck up a conversation with the rabbi asking him all sorts of stupid questions in an effort to keep him occupied.

After some time, the wise rabbi became suspicious and asked,
" Irving what are you really up to with all this?"

Irving , filled with feelings of guilt and remorse, confessed to the rabbi
"I'm sorry Rabbi, my friend Morris is sleeping with your wife right now and asked me to keep you occupied."

The rabbi smiled and, putting a brotherly hand on Irving 's shoulder, said
" Irving I think you'd better hurry home, my wife died two years ago."

special-K 06-12-2021 01:55 PM

OHhhh NOooo!!! Too funny! :lol:

Ol Blue K20 06-12-2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8931626)
At Friday night services, Morris went to his friend Irving and said,
"Irving, I need a favor - I'm sleeping with the rabbi's wife.
Can you hold him in temple for an hour after services for me?"

Irving was not very fond of the idea, but being Morris' lifelong friend, he reluctantly agreed.

After services, he struck up a conversation with the rabbi asking him all sorts of stupid questions in an effort to keep him occupied.

After some time, the wise rabbi became suspicious and asked,
" Irving what are you really up to with all this?"

Irving , filled with feelings of guilt and remorse, confessed to the rabbi
"I'm sorry Rabbi, my friend Morris is sleeping with your wife right now and asked me to keep you occupied."

The rabbi smiled and, putting a brotherly hand on Irving 's shoulder, said
" Irving I think you'd better hurry home, my wife died two years ago."

Oops!:lol: