The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

FleetsidePaul 07-20-2022 08:34 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9103739)
So your next car is going to be an EV right ? :haha: sorry just had to .

Man that sucks you have a genny?

I have a generator but it's a pain. It's easier to just go to my other place. Yes. I am that lazy.

Call me a conspiracy theorist. But I was thinking that all this upgrading that they are doing is for EV's. The power worked just fine before.

I would love to have that Lark. Doubt that I could afford it and have no place to put it. but I'd sure love it.

special-K 07-20-2022 08:48 PM

Not a theory. CA definitely needs to be doing all they can to upgrade their electrical grid in a mighty big way to enable them to keep up with present demand and then to su[port 100% electric vehicle use in less than 15 years. I guess they'll have the traffic nightmare in SoCal worked out by then as well

FleetsidePaul 07-20-2022 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9103785)
I guess they'll have the traffic nightmare in SoCal worked out by then as well

:haha:

68bowtie 07-21-2022 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looked at some trees today.

Attachment 2206464

72 tigger 07-21-2022 05:59 AM

^Sequoias are cool

special-K 07-21-2022 06:58 AM

That's big wood!

I did a thing last evening that has been an out of sight out of mind recurring thing I've needed to take care of for over 20 years now. And it's on my truck! So I can't tell you about it here :lol:

I also killed all the weeds growing up in my brick walk. That was easy using vinegar in a watering can

LT7A 07-21-2022 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9103874)

I also killed all the weeds growing up in my brick walk. That was easy using vinegar in a watering can

That's good to know. Diluted or straight? White or apple cider or does it matter?

72c20customcamper 07-21-2022 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Detailed my Honda …..

FleetsidePaul 07-21-2022 05:23 PM

That's a cool generator. Mine are big ugly monsters.

72c20customcamper 07-21-2022 06:04 PM

1970 model . Heavy little bugger

special-K 07-21-2022 07:31 PM

Looks like '70 Honda bike paint

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9103987)
That's good to know. Diluted or straight? White or apple cider or does it matter?

Distilled White Vinegar, by the gallon or half gallon. Walmart or food stores, maybe hardware store. I've been doing it straight and I think I'll dilute it 50% next time. A gallon didn't go far on my brick walk, like 6'. I've done the whole thing. Next is the stone driveway.

Stocker 07-21-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9104029)
That's a cool generator. Mine are big ugly monsters.

Mine's big enough (I know, that's what she said) but I wouldn't call it ugly. Not to its face anyway. When the power goes out it's downright beautiful. 13kw Generac with a transfer switch. :)

72c20customcamper 07-21-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9104061)
Mine's big enough (I know, that's what she said) but I wouldn't call it ugly. Not to its face anyway. When the power goes out it's downright beautiful. 13kw Generac with a transfer switch. :)

I have a 8k Cummins Onan . Bout 18 years old and never misses a beat .

Stocker 07-21-2022 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9104064)
I have a 8k Onan . Bout 18 years old and never misses a beat .

Nice! Our Generac is just 3 1/2 years old. So far, so good!

FleetsidePaul 07-21-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Mine's big enough (I know, that's what she said) :)

:lol: Come on Mike. That's not what she said. :lol:

Steeveedee 07-21-2022 11:20 PM

Put a battery in my youngest son's car. I hope he didn't pig mine up when he drove it to work, today. His hasn't seen water since the last time it rained, it would appear. And it's filthy inside. :/

FleetsidePaul 07-22-2022 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9104143)
Put a battery in my youngest son's car. I hope he didn't pig mine up when he drove it to work, today. His hasn't seen water since the last time it rained, it would appear. And it's filthy inside. :/

Sounds like my kind of guy. The last time I put gas in my messy car a homeless guy tried to give me a buck. :lol:

Power was on all day today! :metal::clap:

I still didn't do anything. I walked out the door and immediately went back in.

Well I did go get Subway sandwiches and my buddy got a 12 pack of beer.

He paid for the beer and we were walking out when the handle ripped off the 12 pack and beer was rolling all over the floor. He was just standing there like a fool with the handle in his hand with the guy behind the counter yelling at him that he couldn't return it. :lol:

I was laughing my head off. He looked ridiculous but then two VERY good looking women walked up and offered to help him pick it up and they just happened to have an empty shopping bag. Don't ask me why they had an empty bag but they did. :confused:

So they are picking the cans up and I'm not helping. I'm still laughing and watching the girls in short shorts bend over to help pick the cans up. Oh yeah I am. :)

My buddy offered them a slightly shook up beer but unfortunately they declined. But they were sweet girls. And very easy on the eyes.

special-K 07-22-2022 08:01 AM

Reminds me of a time my brother-in-law lost his keys in a strip bar one slow afternoon. They were all looking over, under, and around everything in them skimpy little watchamacallits

Boog 07-22-2022 08:41 AM

Quote:

That would be the DELUXE model. ;)

Boog 07-22-2022 08:49 AM

The wife said to me just yesterday "you might need to go out to the shop and make sure our gen will start, just in case we lose power". So I did the right thing and just kept reading the internet.

FleetsidePaul 07-22-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9104230)
The wife said to me just yesterday "you might need to go out to the shop and make sure our gen will start, just in case we lose power". So I did the right thing and just kept reading the internet.

That's the spirit! When my wife tells me to do something I know it's nap time. Forget that.

joedoh 07-23-2022 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
got a free trailer, got super porked on the tires ($230 for 2 13s) but still ok deal overall, new drop jack and good bow winch. only one of the things the guy gave me, he is moving to oklahoma and cleaning up.

Getter-Done 07-23-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9104543)
got a free trailer, got super porked on the tires ($230 for 2 13s) but still ok deal overall, new drop jack and good bow winch. only one of the things the guy gave me, he is moving to oklahoma and cleaning up.

Good Deal.
I was looking for 13" tires awhile back.
They are incomparably High $$$$ :lol:

CG 07-23-2022 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9103850)
Looked at some trees today.

Attachment 2206464

One of my favorite places in the US.

joedoh 07-23-2022 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9104548)
Good Deal.
I was looking for 13" tires awhile back.
They are incomparably High $$$$ :lol:

this was my fault. I didnt look very well at them just took his word they needed replaced. I didnt bring my air pump and when i got there realized I could have just pumped them up and made the drive, they were dry but would have made the trip. i had arranged with a local shop who had two used 13s for $70 mounted. they ruined one putting it on and so the only option was new. i almost fell over when he said $230.

at any point I could have just aired up the originals. all my fault.