The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

FleetsidePaul 06-19-2021 01:11 AM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

The burger place that I miss the most since I moved from LA is Tommy's.

Double chili cheeseburger. The best. Better than In N Out. And In N Out is pretty darn good.

Definitely not first date food. It's messy. Get lots of napkins especially if you have a moustache and a beard.

Still worth it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/Tommys.jpg

57taskforce 06-19-2021 02:32 PM

Damn that does look good! I’ll have to keep that in mind next time We take the kids to Disney. 2 years ago we went to a Cook out outside of Charlotte when we were there for the 600. I liked there food. They’ve gotten pretty popular in the southeast, even seen several at home home in VA. Five guys started in the DC metro area, I got my taste for them when I was pretty young, and still love them to this day.

Killer Bee 06-19-2021 04:10 PM

first cutting :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tr1aynas4pe...57648.jpg?dl=0

best view 06-19-2021 09:20 PM

Don’t you don’t have many lol

FleetsidePaul 06-20-2021 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8934244)

The lawn is looking good.

I always liked having a house on a corner lot. Plenty of parking for parties.

special-K 06-20-2021 06:57 AM

That burger sure does look good. But age has a way of educating and, for me, it has taught me looks isn't everything. I don't want an over the top sandwich. I want to eat it not look at it. While it is disappointing to get the fast food burger that looks nothing like the picture, I also dislike a sandwich that once you pick it up you can't set it back down without it falling apart or the roll disintegrates. I ain't paying all that money to have to woof one down before it's all over the place and I end up stuffing the dropped pieces in my mouth to get the whole thing. I also don't have a second hinge in my jaws for a 6" tall sameech :lol:

Killer, your grass looks great and so does the concrete. Nice to have a bigger tree or two in the hood as well

FleetsidePaul 06-20-2021 08:50 AM

They wrap them up pretty well to hold all the chili in them. They aren't a pretty burger but who cares. They're gooood!

But there is no way to keep from getting chili all over your face. They're not skimpy.

Ballistic BBQ on Youtube has a pretty good knockoff recipe. I've used it since I can't get the real deal around here.

Steeveedee 06-20-2021 12:03 PM

I went and got a Tommy's burger a few months ago, last time they were mentioned here. I'm pretty sure that my innards will never corrode, given the amount of grease in that thing. :waah:

FleetsidePaul 06-20-2021 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8934496)
I went and got a Tommy's burger a few months ago, last time they were mentioned here. I'm pretty sure that my innards will never corrode, given the amount of grease in that thing. :waah:

Reminds me of a time that I went to one of those Greek charbroiler places and ordered taco's instead of my usual cheeseburger. Big mistake. Grease started pouring through the bag on the way home. It got so bad that I threw the bag through the rear sliding window into the bed of my truck so it wouldn't mess up my upholstery. It was a brand new truck.

When I got home the bag was soaked in grease and when I took it out there was a grease spot in the bed of my truck. It was there for years.

I'm just glad that I didn't eat them.

special-K 06-20-2021 09:16 PM

Rust prevention

Killer Bee 06-22-2021 03:23 PM

friend of mine just picked up this cucv utility conversion from az and he's moving to Searcy AR 7/1 :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j2ouvx6arqt..._1137.jpg?dl=0

davischevy 06-22-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8935430)
friend of mine just picked up this cucv utility conversion from az and he's moving to Searcy AR 7/1 :metal:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/j2ouvx6arqt..._1137.jpg?dl=0

Do you guys have room down there Boog?

Boog 06-22-2021 09:58 PM

Yes, come on down.

davischevy 07-02-2021 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Goodguys Des Moines, 2021

special-K 07-02-2021 09:56 PM

So fine. Nice line up!

57taskforce 07-02-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8939206)
Goodguys Des Moines, 2021

Larry what’s the story of the 557 paint truck next to the yellow blazer?got any more pictures? I like to dream about what my heap is going to look like one day. Great looking trucks as usual.

LT7A 07-03-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8933219)
It is in Nampa Idaho and has been here for some years .. It started in a town in Oregon ,,might be Eugene ,,but it was made big when it was bought out and started in Seattle like the early 70ies ,,they used to have the history on the drink cups ,,I lived across the river from Longview Wa in Oregon and visited the one there many many times ,,,then they built one in Kelso Wa.. None in Denver or Southern California yet I do not believe

It hasnt been beat yet in my opinion ,,and I bet you agree..

Funny, hard to know what all must have gone down. The original store is touted as being in Renton and is still there along with its headquarters a few miles away in Maple Valley. It's got the pictures of the early years that predates the 70s by at least a couple of decades. Tough for me to weigh in on that because I wasn't around yet, haha. Definitely good food with high quality ingredients. A little pricey though, depending on what you order you could eat at a sit-down Mexican restaurant for the same amount less the tip.

LT7A 07-03-2021 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a GTO fan, so I was sorry to see this, but what can you do? The evidence is obvious, this is clearly the first mussel car.

special-K 07-03-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 8939482)
I'm a GTO fan, so I was sorry to see this, but what can you do? The evidence is obvious, this is clearly the first mussel car.

:lol: Good one!! :lol: A good 30 years ahead of the GTO

LT7A 07-03-2021 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8939549)
We had this place of business come to town from North Dakota I believe ..after two years it quit ,,and it's Jimmy Johns that makes sandwiches now

Any one up north of me see any Frugals there?

Didn't make it here,

Attachment 2111755

Did you try it? I just noticed a couple weeks ago that there's one a few towns south of me, and the menu looked pretty good.

special-K 07-05-2021 09:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Jimmy John's came to my town. There's another one with a catchy guy's name like that, too. Oh yeah, then there's 5 Guys. But through it all since before I moved here there has been Cozy Corner. Their meats come from our local locker plant/butcher shop. Good food.

It is in what once were the far left bays added on to the former Chevy Dealership. It's a hodge podge of additions to a the very early car dealership along US40. Around back and underneath was Courtney's Radiator Service, the best in the 'wide' region. He retired a while back and we miss him. Anyway, my kind of place :cool:
Attachment 2112011
Attachment 2112021

A burger I crave is a Cavern Burger at Spelunker's in Front Royal, VA.

I HIGHLY recommend it!

Dieselwrencher 07-07-2021 05:12 AM

It was nice to see your new to you K20 and talk with you a while Larry! Safe travels and maybe we can meet up again in Kansas City in September.

special-K 07-11-2021 01:04 PM

I was thinking about getting one of these for my bicycle

special-K 07-11-2021 01:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDprSdH2xQ

Getter-Done 07-11-2021 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8943771)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDprSdH2xQ

I don't remember those;)

That would be like Evil Knivel in training:lol: