The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

LUV2XCLR8 08-11-2022 04:40 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9111299)
Nothing wrong with that tire that a little duct tape and Fix A Flat wont solve.

I figure I've got another 5000 miles on mine. :sexy:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...Bug_wheel1.jpg

:haha:

Boog 08-11-2022 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 9111268)
Working at the track Friday night, we had a major explosion.....2 people were life flighted to the hospital.

That is major carnage. I hope those crew members a speedy recovery.

special-K 08-11-2022 08:01 AM

That was a bad engine explosion. I hope the people will be ok.

GOPAPA 08-11-2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 9111268)
Working at the track Friday night, we had a major explosion.....2 people were life flighted to the hospital.

Thats always a bad thing that can happen ,,glad it wasnt you Rick ,,and I feel for the two that it happened to .. Someday I am going to drive the less than 20 miles from my place and watch these hot engine cars run the track ...On a side note:::Will my Holley Carb fit on that one that blew up.. I am sticking to the Elbebrock I have on my truck now.

Rickysnickers 08-11-2022 09:20 AM

Hey Larry, thanks :). The story goes that the #2 cylinder hydrauliced and when they spun the engine over to build oil pressure, BOOM!!! The blower didn't blow off, that was removed later. The mag was grounded too. Sad all around. It was a nitro fuel altered car.

LockDoc 08-20-2022 03:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
-
Raining here today, (finally) so I decided to bake some Chocolate Waffle Cookies. This was my moms recipe and waffle iron and she has been gone for close to 20 years. A good way to remember her....

Wife and I also baked a Custard Pie. She makes the crust and I make the filling. Anyone else remember their mom or Grandma baking the left over crust with sugar and cinnamon on it? Yummy!

LockDoc

FleetsidePaul 08-20-2022 05:24 PM

I never thought to make cookies with a waffle maker. But those cookies look pretty darn good. And that pie is speaking to me.

LockDoc 08-21-2022 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9114926)
I never thought to make cookies with a waffle maker. But those cookies look pretty darn good. And that pie is speaking to me.

These cookies are really easy and quick to make. I would be glad to post the recipe if anyone is interested. The pie is half gone already.... :)
-----------------------------------
Chocolate Waffle Cookies

1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 C. Butter
(Blend the first two ingredients)

Add:
4 Eggs, one at a time
1/2 C. Cocoa
2 tsp Vanilla
2 C. Flour
Pinch salt

Bake one minute in waffle iron on med. high heat.
(you may have to adjust this a little depending on your waffle iron)

I remove them from the waffle iron by sticking a fork into the edge of them.

Eat plain or frost with white or choc. powdered sugar frosting.
---------------------------------------

LockDoc

FleetsidePaul 08-21-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9115056)
These cookies are really easy and quick to make. I would be glad to post the recipe if anyone is interested. The pie is half gone already.... :)

LockDoc

I would like to make them. :) But that means I'd have to find my waffle maker. :eek:

I have so darned many kitchen gadgets that it's a scavenger hunt to find one when I need it. It takes me longer to find what I need than to actually cook.

Where did I put that thing??? :confused:

CG 08-21-2022 01:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Kelloggs waffle maker in a box ...

Sheepdip 08-21-2022 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9115056)

LockDoc

I'd like the recipe for the waffle iron cookies....my grandkids would love those!

We have one of those very old, heat on the stove, waffle irons up at the cabin and these would be perfect on a cool fall day.

Warrens69GMC 08-21-2022 02:12 PM

Here in Safford we have had rain like crazy for the last 6 weeks. Weeds are growing, like weeds.

72c20customcamper 08-21-2022 04:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Went to a show . Cool little right hand drive Suzuki.

72c20customcamper 08-21-2022 04:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple more. Can really see it’s been dry by the brown grass .

72c20customcamper 08-21-2022 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And for Paul

LockDoc 08-21-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdip (Post 9115101)
I'd like the recipe for the waffle iron cookies....my grandkids would love those!

We have one of those very old, heat on the stove, waffle irons up at the cabin and these would be perfect on a cool fall day.

OK, I edited my post above and added the recipe.

LockDoc

Sheepdip 08-21-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9115147)

LockDoc

Thank You Leon!

CG 08-21-2022 06:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Went to a car/air/balloon/drone show yesterday

Car show ok, no pics. Air show was small but got to see three of my fav WWll planes.

Balloon glow was sorta cancelled, too windy to inflate balloons I guess so the sat in their baskets and hit the burners for a burner show = lame. Didn’t stay for the drone light show, may have been canceled too?

A few pics of the planes. Really hard to take decent pics with my phone. Tried to crop extra junk out of the pics.

GOPAPA 08-21-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9115197)
Went to a car/air/balloon/drone show yesterday

Car show ok, no pics. Air show was small but got to see three of my fav WWll planes.

Balloon glow was sorta cancelled, too windy to inflate balloons I guess so the sat in their baskets and hit the burners for a burner show = lame. Didn’t stay for the drone light show, may have been canceled too?

A few pics of the planes. Really hard to take decent pics with my phone. Tried to crop extra junk out of the pics.

Great photos Mark.. I like war planes too. We have the Warhawk Musium here at our Nampa airport and every once in awhile I get to see world 11 Bombers making their turn just almost at our house low in the sky. They have rides for people on some of them big war planes

FleetsidePaul 08-22-2022 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9115094)
My Kelloggs waffle maker in a box ...

It's funny. I've never been a breakfast guy. My go to breakfast was a cheeseburger. I got some weird looks. What can I say? I like cheeseburgers and a Pepsi. I don't care what time it is.

But I'll eat scrambled eggs and sausage at midnight. I guess my clock is a little off.

FleetsidePaul 08-23-2022 01:14 AM

Well, today I went and did it again. I bid five bucks over the minimum bid just for S&G's and nobody bid against me. I won. :eek:

So now I have two Baja's. Except this one runs. I really just bought it for the motor for my 63. But now I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe just have fun with it. WTH I live in the desert.

I'm not crazy about the color. It's not green. It's GREEN!!!!! Looks like a frog.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/New_Toy1.jpg

3757chevy 08-23-2022 01:27 AM

Kermit GREEN. ;)

FleetsidePaul 08-23-2022 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9115129)
And for Paul

Thanks for that. But I'll take the 356 over the Thing. I already got a Thing. (I know there's a joke in there somewhere).

Sheepdip 08-23-2022 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9115775)
Thanks for that. But I'll take the 356 over the Thing. I already got a Thing. (I know there's a joke in there somewhere).

Those "Thing's" bring big $$$ now!

Ol Blue K20 08-23-2022 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 9115147)

LockDoc

Thanks Leon, those look delicious.