The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

dieseldawg142 05-28-2022 07:13 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9084437)
Dodged a bullet on that one. Glad your old timers disease did not affect your sense of smell. :lol:

it's still not to bad.
when my wife goes to the bathroom, i can smell it on the other side of the house....smells like roses? sugar and spice? a lie i tell you, a damnation lie...

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9084460)
I just snagged this 1947 Snap On toolbox with a Craftsman top. The name Snap On has always cracked me up. It sounds like some sort of lesbian sexual device. But this is just a toolbox. Bummer. :lol:

some sort of lesbian sexual device? but it's such a nice box...whoa!...your right it does sound like it :lol:
i always thought it was Snap ON, Snap Off...oh wait, i think that's clap on, clap off...

Warrens69GMC 05-28-2022 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
road rage

in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCICCOmD2GI

special-K 05-28-2022 10:14 PM

I called the first Taiwan tools Snap-Off when they first came around "as an option"

FleetsidePaul 05-28-2022 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9084488)
i
i always thought it was Snap ON, Snap Off...oh wait, i think that's clap on, clap off...

Dude. Don't mention clap to me. It brings up painful memories. OUCH! :lol:

Steeveedee 05-29-2022 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9084528)
I called the first Taiwan tools Snap-Off when they first came around "as an option"

:lol: And your knuckles went right into some engine sheet metal (which ain't funny) when a tool broke. I'm glad that I got most of my tools still made in the US.

special-K 05-29-2022 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If it was a Snap-Off I didn't buy it. And yes, you can actually picture where that name came from, and it hurt!! :mad:

A few years ago at Spring Carlisle. One of the better ones as far as GMC stuff goes

yuccales 05-29-2022 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Was given this American LaFrance fire extinguisher on wheels yesterday. Couple of hours and a bunch of Liquid Wrench got the wheels to turn. Very cool piece of yard art saved from the scrapper.

CG 05-29-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrens69GMC (Post 9084493)

Weird to see this today. I was at my buddy's house the other day and he has one of those on a shelf.

FleetsidePaul 05-29-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9084678)
A few years ago at Spring Carlisle. One of the better ones as far as GMC stuff goes

Those hubcaps are sweet. I want them and I don't even have a GMC.

...Yet. :devil:

I've got my eye on a 67 that's just been sitting around the corner from me. I just have to see someone there and say howdy. :)

4u2nv 05-30-2022 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9084685)
Was given this American LaFrance fire extinguisher on wheels yesterday. Couple of hours and a bunch of Liquid Wrench got the wheels to turn. Very cool piece of yard art saved from the scrapper.

Cool piece.
Fire extinguisher or I see a cannon , add a piece on the end and flip it up

Ol Blue K20 05-30-2022 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9084685)

I like it, it's going to look cool.

72c20customcamper 05-30-2022 10:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Little swimming and a nice evening fire

yuccales 05-31-2022 09:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
10,000 volts, non explosive, fire resistant. And the price is right. ;)

LT7A 05-31-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuccales (Post 9085384)
10,000 volts, non explosive, fire resistant. And the price is right. ;)

Cool item for your tool museum.

FleetsidePaul 05-31-2022 01:30 PM

My "Thing' got some new shoes. I put stock wheels back on it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ing_Wheels.jpg

72c20customcamper 05-31-2022 01:48 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Picked up a few items today . The last picture is of a mid 1900s mail sorting cabinet has names of people who lived in town cool thing is I know some of these peoples kids who are my age. Even has the base for it all oak . There’s also about 20 typesetter trays and wooden box’s for axes and tools .

Not sure what the barrel was use for the top bung is brass and there’s a bung on the side looks like it had a cork stopper in it . Gunpowder perhaps ?

72c20customcamper 05-31-2022 01:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also picked up a belt sander and chain saw sharpeners . I’m going back tomorrow for a wood lathe and tools . Also picked up a little tiller

Low Elco 05-31-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9085482)
Also picked up a belt sander and chain saw sharpeners . I’m going back tomorrow for a wood lathe and tools . Also picked up a little tiller

Ha, I worked for quite a spell just down from there at Western Forms, 6200 Equitable, KCMO. Originator of aluminum concrete forms.

special-K 06-01-2022 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 9085671)
Ha, I worked for quite a spell just down from there at Western Forms, 6200 Equitable, KCMO. Originator of aluminum concrete forms.

Hey, I know about Western Forms. Back around 74-75 they had moved into this area. I remember the guy in charge's name was Arnie but can't recall his last name. I got a job, first employee, working for WF Home Improvements which was set up under Western Forms somehow. I guess these guys were buddies because it didn't seem like a likely business arrangement

72c20customcamper 06-01-2022 09:55 AM

Found out what the cask was used for . It was a water drum used in the civil war -WWI on boats and ambulances . Also used for rum -mead on ships .

http://www.thepirateslair.com/nautic...-keg-cask.html

FleetsidePaul 06-01-2022 10:58 AM

My buddy rolled up in his 62 flatbed to check out my 70. He had this compressor on the truck and asked me where did I want it? He got a new one but this one works good.

Free ! :) I've still got to bolt it down and hook it up. We just set it down (backwards :rolleyes:). I'll clean it up and get it going.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...Compressor.jpg

Sheepdip 06-01-2022 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9085852)
My buddy rolled up in his 62 flatbed to check out my 70. He had this compressor on the truck and asked me where did I want it? He got a new one but this one works good.

Free ! :) I've still got to bolt it down and hook it up. We just set it down (backwards :rolleyes:). I'll clean it up and get it going.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...Compressor.jpg

Forget the compressor....where's the pic of the 62 Flatbed. We are feeling a little cheated.

72c20customcamper 06-01-2022 08:18 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more stuff I went back for the lathe But ended up with a bunch more free stuff . They need to be out by Monday so it’s panic mode right now . I did buy a large commercial free standing chain saw sharpener. The metal cans I agreed to take because they didn’t want to deal with old gas . Not leaking so I agreed got home one was filled with kerosene the other diesel and looked to be fresh . Must have always been used for fuel oils as the insides are spotless. The motor for the lathe is on attached to the bench it was on getting that tomorrow.

The red thing is a tire changer and the orange is a bead breaker .

72c20customcamper 06-01-2022 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Buffalo bolt box is going in the back of one of the trucks . Pretty cool to have a box from where GM makes engines . I don’t know why but I had to have this sign specially for 20 bucks

Steeveedee 06-01-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9086017)
Some more stuff I went back for the lathe But ended up with a bunch more free stuff . They need to be out by Monday so it’s panic mode right now . I did buy a large commercial free standing chain saw sharpener. The metal cans I agreed to take because they didn’t want to deal with old gas . Not leaking so I agreed got home one was filled with kerosene the other diesel and looked to be fresh . Must have always been used for fuel oils as the insides are spotless. The motor for the lathe is on attached to the bench it was on getting that tomorrow.

The red thing is a tire changer and the orange is a bead breaker .

You're using bocote for skids under the lathe(?)!? Man some people have all the money! :lol: