The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

Steeveedee 10-28-2022 08:29 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

Finished up almost all the paint and repairs on the rental house. All that's left (for me to do) is one patched area in a bathroom that needs sanding and painting. All in all, while the renters were pretty much pigs, not too bad. Still need the carpets cleaned and the kitchen floor replaced. Not their fault, that linoleum is decades old. I once thought that if I won a big lottery prize I'd buy and rent houses or something. This one rental was a pain in the keister, and the Covid moratorium didn't help. We could have kicked them to the curb in March, for non-payment of rent. Finally, that restriction died and the wife was all over it with our attorneys (it was her parent's house, and she's the one with the business/legal background, and the only one in that trust). Six months of not paying rent, and we rented it for $500 below market because the wife was my wife's work friend. :rolleyes: Nice people get walked on. They got out a week ahead of the Sheriff. :devil:

special-K 10-29-2022 08:20 AM

Not the same, but similar. This married couple were both lawyers who would rent really nice houses and pay no rent. Although most people who rent don't have one, Maryland requires a "renter's license" to "legally" rent a home. Knowing the law, these lawyers would first check if the renter was licensed, then move right on in and ride on legal processes a couple few years, then move on. I don't think they trashed anything but the renter's finances.

Steeveedee 10-29-2022 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9138503)
Not the same, but similar. This married couple were both lawyers who would rent really nice houses and pay no rent. Although most people who rent don't have one, Maryland requires a "renter's license" to "legally" rent a home. Knowing the law, these lawyers would first check if the renter was licensed, then move right on in and ride on legal processes a couple few years, then move on. I don't think they trashed anything but the renter's finances.

Man, some people have no shame.

special-K 10-29-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9138507)
Man, some people have no shame.

They give lawyers a bad name. That's pretty bad :rolleyes:

67C10Step 10-29-2022 09:33 PM

Put a new flat plug on my trailer wiring. Had a small grass fire last spring that burned under the trailer and melted the end. Put new bushings in the rear leaf springs on the neighbor’s golf cart. Tomorrow I plan on working on my CJ project.

dieseldawg142 10-29-2022 09:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
bought some new KYB shocks and struts for the kids firebird
Attachment 2227343Attachment 2227344

mr.mud1 11-02-2022 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well i should have been working on my truck but wanted to get a few things put to bed for winter so that later this week when i start on pulling my truck apart and the motor out,i won't be tripping over stuff in the way.too much fresh paint to look after.i put the Mustang on my trailer and backed in it's little corner,the wagon beside that.my Dodge truck still to put away where the tractor is now but that'll happen shortly when the 72 truck goes in the bay with the lift for the winter and the tractor goes over where the green truck is now.tomorrow i plan to to digging some trenches for some drainage pipe and later in the week or the weekend go at the green truck and pull the engine out for repaint.lots to do.

Steeveedee 11-02-2022 09:26 PM

I think that the bathroom in that shop is likely bigger than the "shop" I have to do woodworking in.

mr.mud1 11-03-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9140164)
I think that the bathroom in that shop is likely bigger than the "shop" I have to do woodworking in.

hi Steven.no such luck.when i built this new shop a couple of years ago,my wife said if you put a bathroom in there,i'll never see you?the house is only about 30 feet away so i go back and forth but i'm going to put my foot down and demand a bathroom in the next one.i doubt they'll be a next one??take care.Greg

Steeveedee 11-03-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9140207)
hi Steven.no such luck.when i built this new shop a couple of years ago,my wife said if you put a bathroom in there,i'll never see you?the house is only about 30 feet away so i go back and forth but i'm going to put my foot down and demand a bathroom in the next one.i doubt they'll be a next one??take care.Greg

:lol: Yeah, one of the conditions for moving to where I am now is that I would have a shop. Come to find out by the time I was building to code with distance from the house and the walls at the property line, it would only be four feet wide. I should have done some homework and saved a ton of money by not buying this place. :dohh:

mr.mud1 11-03-2022 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9140359)
:lol: Yeah, one of the conditions for moving to where I am now is that I would have a shop. Come to find out by the time I was building to code with distance from the house and the walls at the property line, it would only be four feet wide. I should have done some homework and saved a ton of money by not buying this place. :dohh:

don't you hate it when that happens?we were very lucky here.we have about 8 acres,no neighbours close by so enough room,following the rules to not be stepping on anybodies toes.even working with the county,permits,inspections and stuff,was a piece of cake.i told the head guy giving out the permits,that i couldn't imagine living in Halifax,like we did,ever having this process go so smooth.i got in trouble at our old place in the city trying to build a garden shed,never in a 100 years would i ever have been able to build this 64x32 building there that i built here?it's all good

72c20customcamper 11-03-2022 06:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Smoked up some chicken thighs. Bought about 22 pounds as it was 89 cents a pound . This is the last batch that’s still on didn’t use the big smoker used the Weber . Lump charcoal and cherry wood make a nice combo .

72c20customcamper 11-03-2022 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done

Steeveedee 11-03-2022 08:31 PM

Yummay, I love grilled chicken thighs! CostCo carries them at a pretty low price, but I haven't seen any in quite awhile. I got some filet mignon to grill for tonight's dinner. Also yummay!

72c20customcamper 11-05-2022 05:11 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Made a lighter gate for the dump trailer don’t need a solid gate to get firewood all drop off pieces at the steel place . 2 bucks a pound ,last year I paid $1 a pound I still need to get a piece of expanded steel . But I’ll wait till they have some in the drops .

I made it so I don’t need to take it off when dumping the load . I think I’ll modify the original gate to do the same

72 tigger 11-06-2022 07:39 AM

Nice tailgate Mark!

72c20customcamper 11-06-2022 10:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 9141267)
Nice tailgate Mark!

Thanks

I looked at this 49 yesterday . Pretty cool truck on a late model 1500 frame didn’t bother to call the mods kinda killed it for me .

special-K 11-07-2022 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
That is the one truck I have always wanted to have and keep original, even as a young guy with hot rodder blood. I went to a big rig show/shine/truck pull over on the Eastern Shore on Saturday. Here's a picture of a modified old truck I liked. It's a Dodge Power Wagon chassis and bed, with the B Mack cab. Well thought out and it all goes together and works well. The custom-made wheels have 38" Mickey Thompson Baja claws mounted
Attachment 2229148
I really liked this '62 GMC
Attachment 2229149
I rode with my friend in his '58 REO

72c20customcamper 11-07-2022 07:24 PM

Changed the engine oil in the Cummins 12 quarts of Rotella . Did the trans and t-case too had a hard time finding ATF+4 managed to get two gallons online at Advanced auto with stir pickup . When I got there they had mine set aside but had already sold out.

FleetsidePaul 11-07-2022 11:49 PM

I got a prescription for new glasses. I was having a lot of trouble reading small font.
I have to send my frames and prescription online to actually get my new glasses. My optometrist doesn't do that anymore. Just prescriptions. I found that odd because I thought that they made they're money on overpriced frames.

My wife had her eyes checked too. She has perfect 20-20 vision. Which makes me wonder. If she can see so well why did she ever marry me. :confused:

special-K 11-08-2022 06:21 AM

5 Attachment(s)
My glasses broke a month or so ago. I've been wearing readers. Yesterday I decided to drive up to finally see about getting the same frames again. Yes, but out of stock. Felt like a wasted trip but I had to go there to find out.

I finally put my barn in motion. Lots to do now to repair tree damage, bolt building down, roofing, etc

Boog 11-08-2022 08:27 AM

That tree has been working on that barn for a long time. I would liked to have been there watching this whole barn move.

cab4word67 11-08-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 (Post 9138734)
bought some new KYB shocks and struts for the kids firebird
Attachment 2227343Attachment 2227344

LOL is that your work bench or the kitchen.

DeadheadNM 11-08-2022 02:06 PM

Voting is what I did today not on my truck. :flag:

MJN 11-08-2022 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This took a few days but I disassembled, cleaned up and painted this old snatch block.