The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

special-K 11-25-2022 08:28 AM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

You could keep a not so friendly dog there if you go every day. Uh... but then you'd be stuck with the not so friendly dog for a long time :dohh:

Steeveedee 11-25-2022 10:34 AM

:lol: Just my luck, it would poop on the carpet right when the realtor showed up!

special-K 11-25-2022 10:54 AM

Yeah, not such a great idea. Probably snakes would be better. I've never even seen snake poop :lol:

Sheepdip 11-26-2022 12:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well today I got some time to work on my Engine Run Stand that I started about a month ago, about another day of work and I'll be to the point of installing the control panel and related gauges, wiring, etc.

I have wanted one of these for years but never wanted to pay the price to buy one, have found a few used/homemade ones on Craigslist, but still did not want to pay the price, so I'm building one.

Thanks to myself and all my hoarding Hotrod/Car/Truck Buddy's I'm in it a whooping $25 so far as I had to buy the weld-on D-rings. So far I've made the jigs for BBC/SBC, SBF, a universal adjustable bell housing mount and a Jeep transmission mounting jig.
The plan is to be able to test just about any motor or motor/trans configuration, just have to initially fab the mounting jig, if it has not already been done.

Yep...that's a 302 SBF saddled up that's earmarked for my Jeep. Once I get it fired and tested, the stand comes apart for powder coating.

Palf70Step 11-26-2022 08:17 AM

I feel very tired just looking at all those shift levers. :lol:

Getter-Done 11-26-2022 09:13 AM

Nice Engine stand Sheepdip:metal:

special-K 11-26-2022 09:56 AM

Nice job. I guess your buddies know where to go if they want to run an engine now ;)

Yeah yeah 302. That's cool. What I want to know is what's that 3 nostril beast behind it?

Sheepdip 11-26-2022 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9148408)

I've had Jeeps my whole adult life and I still get confused if too much time passes on using the twin-stick transfer case and have to look at the plate on the dash for In-Out, High-Low. :lol:

Sheepdip 11-26-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 9148413)
Nice Engine stand Sheepdip:metal:

Thank You....Hoping to have it done right after the new year if all goes as planned.

Sheepdip 11-26-2022 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9148420)
Nice job. I guess your buddies know where to go if they want to run an engine now ;)

Yeah yeah 302. That's cool. What I want to know is what's that 3 nostril beast behind it?

Thank You...and you are correct as we have a close-knit small group of guy's that seem to always be swapping and helping each other out, what one doesn't have, another does, and the same with knowledge and talent.

The 3 Nostrils belong to an early (36-37) Ford Flathead V8 that had been hot rodded years ago, it has been hanging on that engine stand for 25 plus years. Seems to fit the bill as a conversation piece more than making any noise.

Johnl48 11-26-2022 04:23 PM

Got a fender on today
https://www.beamingpix.com/images/20...y_1024x768.jpg

dieseldawg142 11-26-2022 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 9148408)

yrs ago when we had Air Care (vehicle emissions testing) i went with my buddy to get his '46 flatfender tested.
it had a buick v6 in it with a 4 spd (lever #1) a overdrive unit (lever #2) and a twin stick t-case (levers #3 and #4)
the Air Care guy climbs in to dyno test it, looks at all the levers for a few minutes, then looks at me and says do you know how to operate this?
of course i do, but like anybody not being a fan of emission testing i told him i have no idea.
so he climbs out and another Air Care employee climbs in. he too spends about 5 minutes looking at all the levers, and he too asked me if i know how to work it....nope, nada, no idea.
so the 2 employees start talking and one of them grabs a book and after a few minutes they come back and announce the jeep has passed, we're like what? you haven't dyno'ed it or stuck the probe up the pipe. apparentley there was a note in their "book" that said they don't dyno anything with less than an 80" wheelbase....buddy still had to pay the testing fee, but got a free pass....he was not sure if the jeep would have passed, so we took the free win

72c20customcamper 11-26-2022 05:57 PM

Looks great nice gaps - but it don’t count . This is the “What did you do today NOT on your truck “ thread . :lol:

Johnl48 11-26-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9148660)
Looks great nice gaps - but it don’t count . This is the “What did you do today NOT on your truck “ thread . :lol:

Technically it's not MY truck. It's my wife's :lol:

72c20customcamper 11-26-2022 06:40 PM

Touché. ;)

joedoh 11-26-2022 09:21 PM

i watched two guys being pedantic on the internet. :lol::lol:

3757chevy 11-26-2022 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9148728)

:lol::lol:

special-K 11-27-2022 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedoh (Post 9148728)

:lol: :lol: I can laugh now that I looked that up :lol: I've used other terms for that I shan't repeat here :ito:

davischevy 11-27-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnl48 (Post 9148664)
Technically it's not MY truck. It's my wife's :lol:

Excuse me for being pedantic, but you better put that lower trim on that door before you go much farther. Especially since it's hers. :lol::lol::lol:

The front stud is impossible to get to otherwise.

FleetsidePaul 11-28-2022 12:26 AM

I spent a lot of time today looking for my neighbors dog. He dug under the fence. Hard to believe because he's an old dog. Never did find him. Hopefully someone took him in. An old Chihuahua isn't going to fare well at night with the coyotes around here.

They put up the lost dog flyers and put him on Facebook. Hopefully somebody found him.

And I went to buy a really big rolling toolbox full of tools for cheap. But I was too late. It was already sold. :dohh:

So I accomplished nothing today. :(

3757chevy 11-28-2022 12:50 AM

I drove 266 miles round trip to go to a birthday party for my 5 yr old grandson.

4u2nv 11-28-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9149075)
I drove 266 miles round trip to go to birthday party for my 5 yr old grandson.

Now that's a good Grandpa right there

GOPAPA 11-28-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9149075)
I drove 266 miles round trip to go to birthday party for my 5 yr old grandson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4u2nv (Post 9149108)
Now that's a good Grandpa right there

I agree , it is nice to hug our loves ones too.

Rich84 11-28-2022 11:22 AM

Made the last of 4 trips to Ma. (330 miles round trip) to get my daughter's stuff. Hope to get a closing date this week so we can move it all again. Would be nice to get her in before Christmas. My garage and '84 are packed solid with her furniture & belongings. She has been home for 2 weeks and I now remember why she moved out.Lol. My wife and I are exhausted. Time for a break.

FleetsidePaul 11-28-2022 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 9149166)
She has been home for 2 weeks and I now remember why she moved out.Lol. My wife and I are exhausted. Time for a break.

I know what you mean. I love when my kids and grandkids come visit, I love to see them and spend time with them but after a few days I'm kinda glad when they go home.

Ahh the sound of silence.