The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Joke Thread (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=805197)

Steeveedee 03-22-2021 11:55 PM

Re: Joke Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8898071)
Tougher than an impala, apparently :lol:

Probably a crossbreed with that jackalope posted elsewhere.

1976gmc20 03-25-2021 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tough!

truckster 03-25-2021 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8899355)
Tough!

My school is full of jeans like that and even worse. Occasionally I'll ask one of the young ladies, "Did they catch it?" They'll look at me really curiously and ask,
"Did they catch what?" My answer is usually, "The dog that ripped your pants."

I still patch my old work Levis when they get a hole in them (always in the left knee). I can't understand buying new clothes and purposely destroying them, but I guess it's because I'm old.

Boog 03-25-2021 07:22 PM

When I was a kid even the REALLY poor folks wore clothes much better than that.

1976gmc20 03-25-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckster (Post 8899363)
My school is full of jeans like that and even worse. Occasionally I'll ask one of the young ladies, "Did they catch it?" They'll look at me really curiously and ask,
"Did they catch what?" My answer is usually, "The dog that ripped your pants."

I still patch my old work Levis when they get a hole in them (always in the left knee). I can't understand buying new clothes and purposely destroying them, but I guess it's because I'm old.

Mine would get like that on the right thigh and up over the pocket when I worked at the sawmill. I never knew how much in style it would be someday :lol:

1976gmc20 03-25-2021 08:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)

72 tigger 03-26-2021 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Palf70Step 03-26-2021 07:01 AM

:lol: :metal: :lol:

richard2717 03-28-2021 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
drunk

GOPAPA 03-28-2021 11:26 AM

One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted.....'Look at that dead bird!'
Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

richard2717 03-30-2021 12:07 PM

PISSED OFF RITE NOW! You guys think ur hard just because u jumped me!!!! I handled every 1 of u. I pulled up to the store, as soon as I get out of the car, I got jumped!!! U think u got some good shots 2 my face, but I don't have nothing on my face. I got some marks on my arms & neck, but that ain't nothing.... Bet u weren't expecting me to swing back since it was like 10 against 1. Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I was tired & just wanted to get inside the store for help, but in my family there's no backing down! I was swinging back making sure u caught sum cracks. All I gotta say is u attacked me 1st & jumped me at the store! But CATCH ME OUTSIDE, and we can do this all day! As soon as I got in the store, I bought some Off Spray and ran back outside. They jumped me again, only this time I sprayed them... I had no choice, I hate freaking mosquitoes!! Blood suckers!!! lol... welcome to the Eastern shore

richard2717 03-30-2021 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
trailer

1976gmc20 03-30-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901452)
trailer

Actually that seems like a pretty good way to tow a disabled pickup. I assume they lashed the steering wheel so it won't turn. Probably the rear tires/wheels are lying in the bed.

Also ... people make pickup bed trailers all the time. I suppose it would be reasonable to leave the cab and just pull off the front end and make a tongue out of the front of the frame, so then you would have a pickup bed trailer with a waterproof toolbox on the front ;) :lol:

richard2717 03-30-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8901468)
Actually that seems like a pretty good way to tow a disabled pickup. I assume they lashed the steering wheel so it won't turn. Probably the rear tires/wheels are lying in the bed.

Also ... people make pickup bed trailers all the time. I suppose it would be reasonable to leave the cab and just pull off the front end and make a tongue out of the front of the frame, so then you would have a pickup bed trailer with a waterproof toolbox on the front ;) :lol:

I have 2 pickup body trailers here now. they come in handy for small stuff and are simple to make.

Only issue I see with the pic above is turning capability. You would really need to be careful to not hit bumpers turning, but other than that I would have no issue towing something like that.

1976gmc20 03-30-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901495)
I have 2 pickup body trailers here now. they come in handy for small stuff and are simple to make.

Only issue I see with the pic above is turning capability. You would really need to be careful to not hit bumpers turning, but other than that I would have no issue towing something like that.

One night we lost the steering in our VW bug and had to walk home. Next day I went over there with the log truck (without the trailer) and jacked up the front of of the car with a Handyman jack and set the bumper up on the pintle hitch and then chained it to the truck frame.

Made for a workable tow truck but it was only a couple of miles. And no I don't have any pictures - that was back in the buy film and develop days. Somewhere in a box there are some pictures of putting a different chassis under the VW body.

I had a friend that moved a cabover camper with a pickup bed trailer and that was scary! Just pivoting on the ball without the front axle it leaned back and forth so much that I thought it was going to turn over.

Ol Blue K20 03-30-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8901452)
trailer

That actually might work.......

franken 03-31-2021 12:32 AM

With Covid and the February freeze in the south (TX for us):

2020 was hell
2021 hell froze

Grumpy old man 03-31-2021 01:57 PM

Back and forth . . . . back and forth . . . .
In and out . . . . in and out . . . .
A little to the right . . . . a little to the left . . . .
She could feel the sweat on her forehead . . . .
Between her breasts . . . . and, trickling down the small of her back . . . .
She was getting near to the end . . . . !!
He was in ecstasy . . . . with a huge smile on his face as his wife moved . . . . Forwards then backwards . . . .
Forward then backward . . . .
Again . . . . and, again . . . . !!
Her heart was pounding now . . . .
Her face was flushed . . . .
She moaned . . . . softly at first, then began to groan louder . . . .
Finally . . . . totally exhausted . . . . she let out a piercing scream . . . .
She shouted . . . . :

"OK, OK, you smug bastard, I can't parallel park . . . .
You do it . . . . !!"

:lol:

SCOTI 03-31-2021 02:17 PM

LoL....

Ol Blue K20 03-31-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumpy old man (Post 8901937)
Back and forth . . . . back and forth . . . .
In and out . . . . in and out . . . .
A little to the right . . . . a little to the left . . . .
She could feel the sweat on her forehead . . . .
Between her breasts . . . . and, trickling down the small of her back . . . .
She was getting near to the end . . . . !!
He was in ecstasy . . . . with a huge smile on his face as his wife moved . . . . Forwards then backwards . . . .
Forward then backward . . . .
Again . . . . and, again . . . . !!
Her heart was pounding now . . . .
Her face was flushed . . . .
She moaned . . . . softly at first, then began to groan louder . . . .
Finally . . . . totally exhausted . . . . she let out a piercing scream . . . .
She shouted . . . . :

"OK, OK, you smug bastard, I can't parallel park . . . .
You do it . . . . !!"

:lol:

Bad oh so bad but I love it!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Keith Seymore 04-01-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8901468)

LOL!

And - at least they had the presence of mind to add safety chains.

I had totally forgotten about this but you all have reminded me: when I was but a youth I towed by girlfriend's (now wife) VW bug kind of like that. The front suspension had rusted out and so I picked the front of the car up and set the bumper on the trailer hitch, lifting it just enough to tow it home.

Looking back: (a) that seems like a really bad idea, since the rear bumper was always falling off, and (b) I don't remember how I fixed the suspension, or how I prevented it from doing that on the other side.

It's all just a blur....

K

1976gmc20 04-01-2021 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Seymore (Post 8902244)
LOL!

And - at least they had the presence of mind to add safety chains.

I had totally forgotten about this but you all have reminded me: when I was but a youth I towed by girlfriend's (now wife) VW bug kind of like that. The front suspension had rusted out and so I picked the front of the car up and set the bumper on the trailer hitch, lifting it just enough to tow it home.

Looking back: (a) that seems like a really bad idea, since the rear bumper was always falling off, and (b) I don't remember how I fixed the suspension, or how I prevented it from doing that on the other side.

It's all just a blur....

K

Yeah, this was the same thing. The chassis pan had rusted so that it wouldn't hold the four big bolts that hold the front axle. I had already replaced the bolts and added a stack of big washers to try to hold it together. But it was still "working" and eventually broke the rag joint sending us out in a field. Just earlier that day we had been driving on a narrow mountain jeep trail!

I'm surprised the axle just didn't stay on the ground but there must have been something still holding it, just not very well. I fixed it by unbolting the body and replacing the entire chassis pan with a good one from a wrecked bug we already had. Just as well because we had never registered the replacement bug anyway - figured no cop would ever want to pull out the back seat and try to read the VIN. When I was done it was the right one anyway :)

Apparently the bumper was still solid but I'm sure I hooked the chain(s) to something back underneath so it cradled the front of the car like a wrecker would. It was a one time thing and a long time ago so I don't remember exactly. It was only a couple miles on a back road to get to where we were living then.

Palf70Step 04-01-2021 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
....:d

richard2717 04-01-2021 11:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
got my new washing machine all ready to go

Ol Blue K20 04-01-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 8902311)
....:d

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8902312)

Both great ideas! :lol::lol:

1976gmc20 04-01-2021 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8902312)

John Steinbeck had a plastic bucket with lid hanging on a bungee cord in the closet in his pickup camper for doing laundry on the road in Travels With Charley. I still remember that :)

72 tigger 04-03-2021 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Ol Blue K20 04-03-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 tigger (Post 8903046)

Oops! :lol::lol::lol:

1976gmc20 04-03-2021 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2 characters

1976gmc20 04-03-2021 01:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
~!

Boog 04-04-2021 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Booo

Palf70Step 04-04-2021 12:42 PM

:metal:

1976gmc20 04-04-2021 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 04-04-2021 07:40 PM

Ol Blue K20 04-04-2021 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 8903789)

That's funny...:lol: The neighbors are staring me because I'm laugh all by myself.....:metal:

richard2717 04-05-2021 07:02 PM

So I woke up and my dog is laying on the back patio covered in dirt with a rabbit in his mouth. The rabbit's not bloody, just dirty. My neighbor's kids raise blue ribbon rabbits. I instantly knew it was one of theirs.
I took the rabbit away from my dog, rushed inside, and washed all the dirt off it before my neighbors could come home. It was stiff but I heard some animals play dead when they are afraid but I couldn't remember which ones. I took it and placed it back in one of the cages in their back yard then I ZOOMED back home. (Don't judge me)
Not 30 minutes later I hear my neighbors screaming so I go out and ask them what's wrong? They tell me their rabbit died three days ago and they buried it but now it's back in the cage.

richard2717 04-05-2021 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one

1976gmc20 04-05-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard2717 (Post 8904260)
one

DMV kept asking me about some Irish guy, Bill O'Sayle :rolleyes:

Getter-Done 04-05-2021 09:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My Wife at the DMV;)

:lol::metal::ito:

Attachment 2093581

Steeveedee 04-06-2021 10:50 AM

:lol: Need one of those for my wife!

I was walking down the street and a blonde woman waved at me from across the street.
She ran over to say Hi and saw the confused look on my face.
She apologized and just said, "Sorry, I thought you were someone else."
I retorted, "Don't apologize, you were correct, I AM someone else!"