The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   "Slowly but Surely" Big J's build thread... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=264226)

Big J 12-25-2008 10:17 PM

Re: "Slowly but Surely" Big J's build thread...

1 Attachment(s)
Hey GREAT NEWS! I found out today that I've over stayed my welcome. So I'm going to move my tools, mig, air compressor, Blazer, whatnots, lol, over to my old hang out. Over to the inlaws is a nice big garage we turned into a apartment thing, lol, several years ago. Down came the rollup door and up went a wall. So now, down comes the wall and up goes a door.... They don't use if for anything, not even storage and invited me to use it. So its mine until I'm done. Its gonna be a JOB moving everything over. Wish me luck.

On a nicer note, check out the sweet Thunderbolt One model my favorite aunt and uncle got me for Christmas!

Ron 586 12-25-2008 11:41 PM

Hey J, hate to hear that you have to take time out of the build to relocate. Hope not a lot of ill will comes out of it. Good luck my friend.

Big J 12-26-2008 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 3046890)
Hey J, hate to hear that you have to take time out of the build to relocate. Hope not a lot of ill will comes out of it. Good luck my friend.

Nope, no ills.... Its been a fun ride. Just hope I can get it done by July!

Chevyman63 12-26-2008 07:02 AM

That's awesome! Congrats on the new space.

And that model is very cool also.

Big J 12-31-2008 08:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I started cutting, packing, bolting, cleaning, loading, tossing, cussing, moving, unloading, on Saturday afternoon. As of right now all I have left are some parts upstairs, air compressor, and engine crain. I'll soon be back to sanding! Heres some pics.

Big J 12-31-2008 08:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
some more pics. I've still got more cleaning to do and some pipes to fix. A few more hours on the building and it'll be sweet!

Chevyman63 12-31-2008 08:56 AM

Cool...more progress.

Ron 586 12-31-2008 01:58 PM

Looks like you are taking the moving serious. It will be great to have your own space again. Good luck sir.

jamie72 01-01-2009 08:41 PM

cool, nice towbar... glad your gettin back ready to work!! btw is that my treestand hangin in the corner...lol

jaros44sr 01-02-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie72 (Post 3060163)
cool, nice towbar... glad your gettin back ready to work!! btw is that my treestand hangin in the corner...lol

Now that is just plane funny:lol:

hugybear 01-03-2009 04:04 AM

what did your wife say when she seen you have cut a hole in the house :lol::lol:i bet she real happy she got a truck in her liveinroom now brave man

Big J 01-03-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie72 (Post 3060163)

Nope and not mine either, wanna buy it? lol....

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugybear (Post 3062995)
what did your wife say when she seen you have cut a hole in the house :lol::lol:i bet she real happy she got a truck in her liveinroom now brave man

Not my house but I'm sure she'd love it either way.:mm::uhmk:

jaros44sr 01-03-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugybear (Post 3062995)

Yeah, hugybear's back with the usual dry humor

J, glad things are working out for you, amazing what obstacles we run into on a build...

hugybear 01-04-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 3063364)
Yeah, hugybear's back with the usual dry humor

J, glad things are working out for you, amazing what obstacles we run into on a build...

not to dry just seen something funny man:lol::lol:

Ron 586 01-09-2009 08:36 AM

Well J, are you back to building as in truck? Or are you still building as in man cave? Enquiring minds........ah hell nosey old man wants to know.

Big J 01-09-2009 08:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 3075604)
Well J, are you back to building as in truck? Or are you still building as in man cave? Enquiring minds........ah hell nosey old man wants to know.

Man cave, haha. Actually been trying to beat a sick. I was ill while moving all the stuff and that made it nice and nasty. I'm back down to a cough and sinus stuff. Still tinkering with getting it ready to go full throttle on the blazer though. My favorite is the workbench. I got it from my grandpa when I was 15. Only weighs like 50lbs. but will hold up a car. Most of that weight comes from the vise, lol. The only things left to do are move over the air compressor, crane, and parts. This weekend, weather permitting.

vtblazer 01-09-2009 10:24 AM

Sink, shower and I'm guessing a hopper towards the left outta site somewhere?
Any cooking hardware?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1231505797

I'd call that a sweet set up!

You'll never have to leave. :lol:

Big J 01-09-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 3075731)
Sink, shower and I'm guessing a hopper towards the left outta site somewhere?
Any cooking hardware?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1231505797

I'd call that a sweet set up!

You'll never have to leave. :lol:

Yeah, lol. It had a stove, fridge, washer/dryer, lol. I have a tv to put in and might try and find a small fridge, lol. There definitely is a office there off to the left.

jamie72 01-09-2009 12:34 PM

shower?? where?? looks to me thats an upright parts washer, get in, hold the part in your hands and clean it with a toohbrush.....lol

Big J 01-09-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie72 (Post 3075902)
shower?? where?? looks to me thats an upright parts washer, get in, hold the part in your hands and clean it with a toohbrush.....lol

Technically I guess it is a upright parts washer, don't know about using the toothbrush though, might be painful:lol::lol::lol:. Actually I think I'm going to use it for hazardous materials storage. Gas, kerosene, etc.

jamie72 01-09-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big J (Post 3075908)
Technically I guess it is a upright parts washer, don't know about using the toothbrush though, might be painful:lol::lol::lol:. Actually I think I'm going to use it for hazardous materials storage. Gas, kerosene, etc.

bean soup??:lol:

Big J 01-09-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie72 (Post 3075931)
bean soup??:lol:

You know it! Campbells bean and bacon, gotta love it.:lol:

Ron 586 01-09-2009 05:17 PM

It's always good to have a backup plan.

hugybear 01-10-2009 09:05 PM

cool more pics i see you can take a bath to after your done workin when will we see some pics of the work on the truck:chevy:

Big J 01-11-2009 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugybear (Post 3078460)
cool more pics i see you can take a bath to after your done workin when will we see some pics of the work on the truck:chevy:

Here shortly, I'm just about done movin'.:metal:

7D2N 01-11-2009 09:23 PM

Looks great, this build has helped me a lot.

Thanks
7D2N

vtblazer 01-12-2009 07:25 AM

Whew...!
Just went backwards page by page looking for a frame pic, cause I was curious about where you were with it and it's right on page one where this thread started. :lol:

:cong: You have completed an amazing amount of work!!

Glad I went back through it (took awhile) it's definitely a testament to persistence. :clap:

Ron 586 01-12-2009 09:03 AM

It has damned near as many side tracks as yours does Kurt. We love them, keep'em coming. :haha:

vtblazer 01-12-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 3081466)
It has damned near as many side tracks as yours does Kurt. We love them, keep'em coming. :haha:

:lol: yeah...that's life, stuff happens.

Big J 01-12-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7D2N (Post 3080613)
Looks great, this build has helped me a lot.
Thanks
7D2N

Not a problem, anytime ya got a question feel free to pm or post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtblazer (Post 3081402)
Whew...!
Just went backwards page by page looking for a frame pic, cause I was curious about where you were with it and it's right on page one where this thread started. :lol:

:cong: You have completed an amazing amount of work!!

Glad I went back through it (took awhile) it's definitely a testament to persistence. :clap:

Thats funny, if you really searched back I think this might be the 2nd or 3rd build thread on this truck, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 3081466)

Hopefully no more side trackin'....:lol: I wanna drive this thing down your way come July! Still gotta figure out a way to load a roll bar too, lol.

hugybear 01-13-2009 06:51 PM

dont see anything going on what you working on

Big J 01-13-2009 08:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by hugybear (Post 3084479)
dont see anything going on what you working on

It was a long weekend. I finished moving all my parts. Got the compressor in its new hole. Cleaned up the kerosene heater. Dropped the body down on some mounts to check some stuff out. Did some trimming on the rear tub crossmember(70 tub, 72 frame). Got the boob tube going to watch movies while I work. No body to b.s. with so the tv makes up for the quiet. I've got tunes but movies make the time go by faster.
The to do list:
Pull the valve covers(TOO TALL)
Clearence the firewall for the dizzy
Figure out how to get the tub up in the air
Rubber coat the underside
Paint the firewall
Bolt the tub down for good
The back to body work..... sand sand sand.....

Chevyman63 01-13-2009 08:30 PM

Nice...Home Sweet Home!

Let the fun begin.

Big J 01-13-2009 08:32 PM

Good news!!! With the kerosene heater I got it up to 75 from 45 degrees within an hour. I had to turn the electric heater off and the kerosene heater down. Should be no problem to paint in there.:metal:

Chevyman63 01-13-2009 08:35 PM

Wow that sounds great!

It's 12 here now and is suppose to get down to -3 tonight...come on summer!

Swbman 01-13-2009 08:45 PM

Nice job, looking like you have decided to everything right the first time around...way to go....:gi:

hugybear 01-14-2009 01:56 AM

glad to see you got it done what are you watchin on the vcr

Big J 01-14-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 3084691)
Wow that sounds great!

It's 12 here now and is suppose to get down to -3 tonight...come on summer!

NO, not summer, lol. Need as much time as possible before the meet. Come on warm weather:metal::lol::lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swbman (Post 3084707)
Nice job, looking like you have decided to everything right the first time around...way to go....:gi:

Greatly appreciated! I'm tryin'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugybear (Post 3085400)
glad to see you got it done what are you watchin on the vcr

Oldie but a goodie, "Over the Top".

5150 01-14-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Oldie but a goodie, "Over the Top".
a classic :)

Big J 01-18-2009 11:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Not much time in the palace this weekend (we named that building the palace a long time ago, lol). Went on a road trip with my favorite uncle and board member jamie72 Saturday and on a date with my wife today. Some progress is better than none though. Got my engine crane over and all chained to the tub. I should be able to get it high enough to shoot the underside pretty easily. Took the valve covers off, too tall so they hit the firewall. Gotta buy new ones I guess. I've about got myself talked into filling in the heater box holes in the firewall and doing something different. We'll see.....