The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

FleetsidePaul 08-08-2022 11:04 PM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 9110718)
Thanks guys. Definitely a working man’s truck. t’s got an air compressor and hose reel mounted up against the front cross box,

I have a one ton dually and it's never seen a days work since I've owned it. None of my trucks have. Because I'm old, beat up, and lazy. :lol:

special-K 08-09-2022 06:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My working man's truck trying to sneak back into sport utility vehicle

FleetsidePaul 08-09-2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9110776)

I use this little guy more than any of my trucks. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's just handy.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Jeep13.jpg

72c20customcamper 08-09-2022 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9110776)

Best to remove the wheel lock on the trailer before moving :lol:

special-K 08-09-2022 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Poser shot! :lol: Wannabe vacationer :lol:

Mid-Pack 08-09-2022 09:42 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 9110492)
Ready for 110 heat at the Pomona swap meet!

Yeah, it was a warm one. Here`s a few...

FleetsidePaul 08-09-2022 12:04 PM

Here's a random one. I was munching on peanuts and noticed this label

Maybe it's just my dirty mind but what does that peanut on the label look like?

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Planters.jpg

Steeveedee 08-09-2022 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9110838)

That's in the realm of subliminal advertising. You can bet they did research to get the "right" look for that label.

lousyflyer 08-09-2022 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It looks like Kellogg's sugar smacks.

4u2nv 08-09-2022 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9110838)

A bun

FleetsidePaul 08-09-2022 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lousyflyer (Post 9110922)
It looks like Kellogg's sugar smacks.

They don't call them Sugar Smacks anymore. They call them Golden Puffs now. I guess it sounds healthier.

It's like KFC changing their name to KFC instead of Kentucky Fried Chicken. They wanted to lose the fried part of the name.

I don't know who they think they're fooling. It's still the same stuff.

EDIT: I stand corrected. I was at the market today. They aren't called Golden Puffs. They are called Honey Crisps.

And Sugar Pops are now called Corn Pops

LUV2XCLR8 08-10-2022 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Saturday AM when I was excited to be heading out
before my day turned to crap and lasted 12 hours.

special-K 08-10-2022 07:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9110938)
They don't call them Sugar Smacks anymore. They call them Golden Puffs now. I guess it sounds healthier.

It's like KFC changing their name to KFC instead of Kentucky Fried Chicken. They wanted to lose the fried part of the name.

I don't know who they think they're fooling. It's still the same stuff.

They should have done like Chick-fil-a (I always read Chickafila) and call it Ken-fri-chik. Catchy! :lol: Ok, how about Chi-Ken-Fri? Chi-fri-ken? I always call it Kentucky Frikken Chicken. The one in my town is cursed. Been at least 5 or 5 management changes, a couple remodels, and nothing changes. Guaranteed to come up short somewhere.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 9111033)

That's a handsome combo.

Take a little trip. Take a little trip. Take a little trip with me :cool:

72c20customcamper 08-10-2022 09:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LUV2XCLR8 (Post 9111033)

Saw the tire in the other thread . Is that an Aluma trailer? looks like mine and my tires were about the same age and did the same thing .

FleetsidePaul 08-10-2022 02:57 PM

Well I went to the market and this bugged me.

I buy this salsa. And now it's in jars that are maybe a little bigger than half the size that they were before. AND THEY COST MORE!!! :mad:

This is the new jar. I know it's hard to tell the difference from the pics but in person It's very obvious. The old one was way bigger and cost less.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Herdez_1.jpg

And the old one I have in the fridge.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...m/Herdez_2.jpg

I know it's not a big deal. It's just cheap salsa. But it is irritating to get less for more.

68bowtie 08-10-2022 11:59 PM

Studies have shown that consumers are less bothered (if they notice at all) by reduced quantities compared to increased prices.

LUV2XCLR8 08-11-2022 04:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9111074)
Saw the tire in the other thread . Is that an Aluma trailer? looks like mine and my tires were about the same age and did the same thing .

Yes, Aluma 8218 Tilt, absolutely love it. :metal:

LUV2XCLR8 08-11-2022 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9111044)

That's a handsome combo.

Take a little trip. Take a little trip. Take a little trip with me :cool:

:ito:

special-K 08-11-2022 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9111319)
Studies have shown that consumers are less bothered (if they notice at all) by reduced quantities compared to increased prices.

I guess that study shows people would rather be duped than dealt straight. I sure am bothered more by smoke and mirrors sneak tactics than a simple and obvious price increase. This chicken chit, "Maybe they won't notice", tactic gets under my skin. There is a reason products come in the size packaging it does. We buy milk by the gallon, 1/2 gallon, quart, pint, 1/2 pint, not by the 120.6 oz, 59.8 oz, 30.3 oz, 13.7 oz, or 6.9 oz container.

FleetsidePaul 08-11-2022 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9111345)
I guess that study shows people would rather be duped than dealt straight. I sure am bothered more by smoke and mirrors sneak tactics than a simple and obvious price increase. This chicken chit, "Maybe they won't notice", tactic gets under my skin. There is a reason products come in the size packaging it does. We buy milk by the gallon, 1/2 gallon, quart, pint, 1/2 pint, not by the 120.6 oz, 59.8 oz, 30.3 oz, 13.7 oz, or 6.9 oz container.

It gets under my skin too. What do they think? I'm an idiot and won't notice. I am an idiot but not that much. Maybe? Maybe not?:confused:

I always thought that that guy that sued Subway for the foot long sandwiches not being exactly a foot long was a jerk with too much time on his hands. But now I'm thinking twice. If you give them inch they'll take a mile. Maybe he wasn't such a jerk after all....But he probably is.

My random photo... My black plates are going bye bye. I traded them for a nice set of blue ones because the mental patients that run the DMV won't let me use the black ones even though you could get black ones in 1970.

They know better than me. :rolleyes:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/Plates.jpg

Stocker 08-11-2022 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9111377)
My black plates are going bye bye. I traded them for a nice set of blue ones because the mental patients that run the DMV won't let me use the black ones even though you could get black ones in 1970.

Seriously? That's a new one on me. A question though.... how does the DMV know what color your plates are anyway? Also, don't they currently offer (for a fee, of course!) black plates? :confused:

FleetsidePaul 08-11-2022 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stocker (Post 9111415)
Seriously? That's a new one on me. A question though.... how does the DMV know what color your plates are anyway? Also, don't they currently offer (for a fee, of course!) black plates? :confused:

Seriously yes. YOM plates for a 1970 commercial plate in CA. must be blue. You can get new black plates. I have them on my hearse and my C/20. But actual YOM plates have to be blue because according to the state that's what they came with.

And they know what color they are because you have to take them to the DMV for "Inspection' before you can use them.

It makes a lot of sense doesn't it? :crazy:

Steeveedee 08-11-2022 12:25 PM

It doesn't make sense, except to them. My '70 truck was built in '69; that was it's YoM, and it had black and yellow plates when new. The blue and yellow plates came out in January '70 (as a guess).

FleetsidePaul 08-11-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 9111452)
It doesn't make sense, except to them. My '70 truck was built in '69; that was it's YoM, and it had black and yellow plates when new. The blue and yellow plates came out in January '70 (as a guess).

Yes 1970 was when the blue plates came out and from what I've read commercial vehicles were the first to get them. I guess that's how they determine it.

What the hay. I like the blue ones better.

The other dumb thing with the DMV is that I have to have a 1970 registration sticker on the plate. Really? Who has that? Who hasn't registered a car in 52 years and it still has the actual 1970 sticker on it? They are all reproduction stickers now and they know it but you still have to have one.

weq92f 08-11-2022 01:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)

:devil: