The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

crossfire84 06-13-2014 07:20 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

worked on exhaust and install of gas pedal plus modified fender support rods. pic's in build thread.

Nordic 06-13-2014 07:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New radiator and electric fan setup.

Tomb23 06-14-2014 06:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New Boot & Handle Done

crossfire84 06-14-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb23 (Post 6721094)
New Boot & Handle Done

nice!

70gmcjimmy 06-14-2014 10:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is a fun thread to read, but my first post in it as in the last few months all I can say is drove it to work day after day or every now and then make a beer run or jerky run into town--LOL!

We had to haul a garden tractor I had fixed up down to my Father-In-Law today, 150 mile round trip. My wife digs the old GMC, but didn't like my cup holder so last night I built a new one that I was able to attach to an extra ash tray slider. I loaded the tractor with my gantry crane in the shop, but forgot to take the camera on the drive. Came back with a tool box, several new air filters a couple new oil filters, new coveralls and a weedeater scored at a rummage sale.

DAC

Tomb23 06-14-2014 10:21 PM

Very Cool, now that's thinking outside the box !! If she loves the truck Do whatever it takes to keep it that way !!

capnduane 06-14-2014 10:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mounted my spare up front on the side of the bed, its been sliding around in the bed for months. Also installed a fuel pressure gauge.

SCHRUMGMC 06-15-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70gmcjimmy (Post 6721328)
This is a fun thread to read, but my first post in it as in the last few months all I can say is drove it to work day after day or every now and then make a beer run or jerky run into town--LOL!

We had to haul a garden tractor I had fixed up down to my Father-In-Law today, 150 mile round trip. My wife digs the old GMC, but didn't like my cup holder so last night I built a new one that I was able to attach to an extra ash tray slider. I loaded the tractor with my gantry crane in the shop, but forgot to take the camera on the drive. Came back with a tool box, several new air filters a couple new oil filters, new coveralls and a weedeater scored at a rummage sale.

DAC

I have the same Murray HA :lol:

hsdropout 06-15-2014 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mounted Fuse Block...................Wiring = baby steps here on out.......
Hope I don't stick a sharp pencil in my eyeball before it is done.

Tomb23 06-15-2014 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made up today, this for a guy that's going to be in The Parade of Pickups In Vale, Oregon on The 4th of July weekend. They are trying to set a world record, for the longest Parade of Pickups. Retired Army.

70gmcjimmy 06-15-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb23 (Post 6721357)
Very Cool, now that's thinking outside the box !! If she loves the truck Do whatever it takes to keep it that way !!

Yeah I sure will! She likes driving it too, even though it is stock, and she does it well! The quality of the parts you make are second to none. Really like the patriotic knob! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by capnduane (Post 6721369)
Mounted my spare up front on the side of the bed, its been sliding around in the bed for months. Also installed a fuel pressure gauge.

Spare mount is on my list too someday. Really dig the Pontiac in there especially since the GMC V-8 of the era was Pontiac. Looks great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC (Post 6721913)
I have the same Murray HA :lol:

It was a decent little tractor, but the garden tractors I use are Massey-Ferguson's, a 1965 to push snow, dirt and gravel and a 1975 for mowing.

Thanks---DAC

OrrieG 06-15-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb23 (Post 6722272)
Made up today, this for a guy that's going to be in The Parade of Pickups In Vale, Oregon on The 4th of July weekend. They are trying to set a world record, for the longest Parade of Pickups. Retired Army.

That's not a bad drive from Boise, will you be going?

Tomb23 06-15-2014 09:26 PM

May be going to watch! Mine is still in the shop!!!

Tomb23 06-18-2014 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Worked on Shift indicator 55/59 GMC Hydramatic

mechanixman 06-18-2014 09:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very cool guys!
I haven't had much time to get on the forum, but I bought this souix valve grinding setup for $100. I started tearing it down right away. By the time I'm done, it'll look like a brand new machine!

mygirlz55 06-19-2014 03:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well... The cab got taken off the frame. Now to finish some welding on the camaro clip, get it cleaned up and painted. Then start in on brake lines. Woohoo

OrrieG 06-19-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomb23 (Post 6722466)
May be going to watch! Mine is still in the shop!!!

Same here, need to check with the wife to see if she has any family plans made.

Russell Ashley 06-25-2014 05:13 PM

I got my Scott's bolt in cross member installed finally. All 32 bolts are in and tight and the engine is sitting on the new side mounts. If my calculations are right my wheels will be a half inch forward from their original location. I only moved them that far as I though they looked about right before. I am planning on starting an install thread but want to get farther along first.

My pic from Photobucket didn't make it. I'll try again.

Russell Ashley 06-25-2014 05:38 PM

My Scott's bolt in cross member. This has taken me a lot longer than I expected. I'll have to trim two - three inches off of the original front cross member to get the steering rack in. Justin said it would be fine to just remove the whole thing but I don't think I will remove it completely. I had to change to the side engine mounts as the original style mounts bolt to the part of the cross member that will get cut away.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...ps71457f6f.jpg

Stepside Jim 06-25-2014 06:23 PM

Russell Ashley I'm glad you checked in. I think yours will be one project that when finished you can give a strong testimony to those who are curious about the change when going from a straight axle to independent suspension.

Keep up the good work, Jim

ChuckDriver 06-26-2014 02:28 PM

Looking good Russell, get those pic's up soon!!!!

OrrieG 06-26-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 6727917)
Same here, need to check with the wife to see if she has any family plans made.

Turns out will not be going to Vale, Ms. Joan reminded me this will be our new pups first 4th of July and if he has issues with the noise wants me around to help.

Softpatch 06-27-2014 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordic (Post 6720164)
New radiator and electric fan setup.

were did you get you radiator set up thanks... Sp

Softpatch 06-27-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrrieG (Post 6737488)
Turns out will not be going to Vale, Ms. Joan reminded me this will be our new pups first 4th of July and if he has issues with the noise wants me around to help.

The wife's service dog does not do well on the forth
doctor advice Benadryl it works well we give her
1/2 a pill every 15 minutes
for 45 minutes when we see sign of distress (50lb dog)

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...ps7e898e55.jpg

OrrieG 06-27-2014 01:06 AM

Thanks for the input. Daughter used to be a vets assistant and still has connections so we have good stuff if we need it. So far there has been some popping at night and he does not seem to care.