The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

65Custom 10-16-2011 06:29 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

I second that on Auto Zone , I had such a bad exp a few years ago I refuse to ever go there again I will drive 20 miles and walk past 5 auto zones to get what I need even if it was cheaper there

Alan's Classic 10-16-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57truckguy (Post 4955740)
Allen , think I use the same hose for my lower rad connection.. great mines think alike.

I had the same problem when I was installing my Vintage air controler... the modulas on the back hung out farther then the opening that the face plate would cover.. Had to disasimble the control modula then reassimble it from behind the dash board. What a pain..

Amen brother!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4955917)
They run when they see me coming. :haha:

Do you blame them. :haha: JK

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason65 (Post 4955934)
I like those hoses Alan. I've been planing on doing the same thing to mine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm very pleased, BTW thanks. The guy at the parts store tried to give me a universal flex hose. I told him you just don't understand........I told him before it was a show truck. I wanted it to at least look professional. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4956098)
You are kickin butt on that wiring stuff.:metal::metal:

Thanks, I'm winning right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMurphy (Post 4956404)
The kids at parts stores these days boggle me.
I go in and typical conversation is like...
Me:"I need a thermostat for a 72 chevy 250"
Them: "Is that a inline 6?"
Me: "Yes it is."
Them: "What is it in?"
Me: "What difference can that possibly make? Its a thermostat for crying out loud... but if you must know, it is in a 66 Tempest Custom Convirtable"
Them: "I cannot find it in my system, we must not have it"
Me, after an eye roll and heavy sigh..."Just plug into the computer that it is a 72 C10 and get me the thermostat please"
Them: "Oh, we do have it in stock, just a moment please"

It has gotten so bad that if the kid behind the counter looks less than 16 years old, I will sometimes wait until the manager takes up a register or asks if I need help....

Some days I think I am going to be an awesome Grumpy Old Man.
It is SUNDAY so it is out to the garage for me and work on my truck.
Alan as usual, nicely done!

Good story I'll have on for ya below. BTW thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4956474)
Even the older parts guys are the same way. The better ones at least work on there cars. Auto Zone is the worse. I won't even go in there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 4956699)
I second that on Auto Zone , I had such a bad exp a few years ago I refuse to ever go there again I will drive 20 miles and walk past 5 auto zones to get what I need even if it was cheaper there

Here's one for ya.

I went to Auto Zone one time when I was working on a 85 Camaro, he asked me what it went on and I said a 85 Camaro. After a pause he asked me who made the Camaro. I said really and he was serious. Needless to say I left. This is the absolute truth.

Any inputs on my electrical question earlier? The fuse panel has a 30 amp fuse for the AC. I'm going to eliminate the 30 amp CB and use the fuse on the panel since it is dedicated for the AC.

57truckguy 10-16-2011 10:59 PM

Any inputs on my electrical question earlier? The fuse panel has a 30 amp fuse for the AC. I'm going to eliminate the 30 amp CB and use the fuse on the panel since it is dedicated for the AC.

I'm so confused.. LOL :mm:

Strodder 10-17-2011 10:21 AM

Me too, you lost me, or maybe it's to early in the morning. :lol:

McMurphy 10-17-2011 01:03 PM

Autozone for the fail.... yep I agree they are the worst, and yet, there are more of them it seems.

I usually love NAPA, but in most the states I have been posted in, they are open short hours on Saturday, and not open at all on Sunday. I guess only real NAPA customers work on their rigs on weekdays and golf or watch football on weekends?

Ok done jacking your thread Alan... going looking for more pics now. :metal:

Strodder 10-17-2011 03:29 PM

NAPA here is 7 days a week

57truckguy 10-18-2011 12:24 AM

Not here. Napa closes at 6 weekdays, until 1 on saturday and not on Sunday at all..

Alan's Classic 10-18-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57truckguy (Post 4957250)

I'm so confused.. LOL :mm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4957882)
Me too, you lost me, or maybe it's to early in the morning. :lol:

Never mind the question was on the last page. ;) I think I got it figured out. :sexy:

57truckguy 10-21-2011 12:47 AM

Alan, sorry I wasn't thinking the other day when you ask about the 30 AMP CB. You could use the one in the fuse box, I'm assuming that it is 25 or higher.. Did some reading up on the start up clutch for the AC unit and it can draw up to 25 amps on start up and use only 5 to 10 durning running. That is probably why they have the 30 amp CB in the kit as if it blows it will reset after a short time and then you can use the air conditioner. If there are not some real pressing issues with the electric clutch. If you blow a fuse you have to replace it and it will blow a lot quicker that the CB. Most of the CB I've encountered are of the slow-blow type to allow compressor and fans and etc to start up with out blowing a fuse when they first start up.. Just my 2 cents worth.. hope it helps and not insults.

kieth 10-21-2011 05:21 PM

parts, heck they cannot even make change, if the bill is 11.21 do not give them 21.21......the say you gave me too much moneyyyyyyy AARRGGHH---a true old fart-------------I just use plactic until someone learns to count......Kieth

chad64chevy 10-26-2011 06:45 PM

alan, you done anything to the truck lately or have you been just working on the musthang??

Alan's Classic 11-01-2011 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 57truckguy (Post 4964869)
Alan, sorry I wasn't thinking the other day when you ask about the 30 AMP CB. You could use the one in the fuse box, I'm assuming that it is 25 or higher.. Did some reading up on the start up clutch for the AC unit and it can draw up to 25 amps on start up and use only 5 to 10 durning running. That is probably why they have the 30 amp CB in the kit as if it blows it will reset after a short time and then you can use the air conditioner. If there are not some real pressing issues with the electric clutch. If you blow a fuse you have to replace it and it will blow a lot quicker that the CB. Most of the CB I've encountered are of the slow-blow type to allow compressor and fans and etc to start up with out blowing a fuse when they first start up.. Just my 2 cents worth.. hope it helps and not insults.

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4965935)
parts, heck they cannot even make change, if the bill is 11.21 do not give them 21.21......the say you gave me too much moneyyyyyyy AARRGGHH---a true old fart-------------I just use plactic until someone learns to count......Kieth

:haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4975190)
alan, you done anything to the truck lately or have you been just working on the musthang??

I haven't done much of anything to either project to be honest. Trying to muster up the motivation to go out tonight and do something. If nothing else I can clean the work bench off. ;)

Sorry guys nothing new to report. I was delaying my post until I had something to write about.

I was thinking today about this...................then changed my mind. It's just hard staying focused at times.

awbrown 11-01-2011 08:44 PM

yeah I know the feeling ... my get up and go has got up and left ... I have to reorganize the garage because my friend left me a bunch of stuff to clean out of his garage , now I need to get it sold ...........

Alan's Classic 11-01-2011 09:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by awbrown (Post 4985740)
yeah I know the feeling ... my get up and go has got up and left ... I have to reorganize the garage because my friend left me a bunch of stuff to clean out of his garage , now I need to get it sold ...........

Somtimes I just look at far I have come.

Ok, i'm feeling a little better.

daverod 11-01-2011 10:38 PM

You've come a long way Alan. That's a lot of work. Truck looks great.

jsmithbm 11-01-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 4956699)

-----------
i try.... i cant remember all those part numbers and this and that, i normally can find what the folks need for the old stuff. Had a guy come in this weekend looking for a caliper bolt for a GTO 60's i pulled a 72 c-10 caliper bolt. did the trick. he bought out what i had lol.
but some of the folks i work with just dont care and want a check.
---
Allen things are looking good..
------
i need to get back to posting on my build. still havent gotten back into the swing of things since my dads passing and getting his truck too.

Strodder 11-02-2011 01:22 AM

I hate you Alan. :lol: I wish I was that far. Looks awesome :metal:

aggie91 11-02-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4985733)
...If nothing else I can clean the work bench off. ;)...

I know what you mean here...I moved out my son's frame since we are waiting on parts to just sweep out the garage and put away a few things. I am trying to find the motivation to work on mine since I have some parts for it...

Yours looks great! You are so close to getting done...you can do it!

Hope that motivates you...:metal:

chad64chevy 11-02-2011 02:13 PM

i agree, your so close to being done! i just wish i was that close but i'm not! you have done so much that i wouldn't even begin to add up what you have tied up in it! know you've thought of selling it but you will never get what you have in it! just think when you get done with it you'll be driving it, enjoying it and thats the utimate goal, i think!! the before and after pictures look like a totally different truck, you encourage me to keep working on mine, so i cant let you give up, lol!! good luck and keep at it!!

jgh64pkup 11-02-2011 03:54 PM

Wow Alan that is getting close, and looks perfect
Posted via Mobile Device

XtechX 11-02-2011 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4985779)
Somtimes I just look at far I have come.

Ok, i'm feeling a little better.

Alan, What kind of wood did you use for your bed floor? Kit? or make it yourself? Thanks

Alan's Classic 11-02-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4986082)
You've come a long way Alan. That's a lot of work. Truck looks great.

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmithbm (Post 4986109)
-----------
Allen things are looking good..
------
i need to get back to posting on my build. still havent gotten back into the swing of things since my dads passing and getting his truck too.

Thanks Joel, get to posting it will get you back working on it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 4986364)
I hate you Alan. :lol: I wish I was that far. Looks awesome :metal:

:haha: Your truck might be moving slow, but look at everything else you have done to other people's rides. :metal:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 4987047)
I know what you mean here...I moved out my son's frame since we are waiting on parts to just sweep out the garage and put away a few things. I am trying to find the motivation to work on mine since I have some parts for it...

Yours looks great! You are so close to getting done...you can do it!

Hope that motivates you...:metal:

Thanks for the motivation. Just imagine if the internet wasn't around. We wouldn't be here to keep each other going. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 4987086)
i agree, your so close to being done! i just wish i was that close but i'm not! you have done so much that i wouldn't even begin to add up what you have tied up in it! know you've thought of selling it but you will never get what you have in it! just think when you get done with it you'll be driving it, enjoying it and thats the utimate goal, i think!! the before and after pictures look like a totally different truck, you encourage me to keep working on mine, so i cant let you give up, lol!! good luck and keep at it!!

Thanks Chad, the for sale sign was just a random thought. I've ahd several of those in the past 4.5 years. Yes, I'm close and I will keep moving forward. Thanks for the motivation. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgh64pkup (Post 4987223)
Wow Alan that is getting close, and looks perfect
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!! Close yes, perfect no. But it does look good. :sexy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by XtechX (Post 4987541)
Alan, What kind of wood did you use for your bed floor? Kit? or make it yourself? Thanks

It's a kit made of ash. I did some trading to get it so I don't know who made it.

Alan's Classic 11-03-2011 10:33 PM

I have to share this major accomplishment in my life.

I accomplished my goal.….........I finished reading the Bible. Man, it feels great. *Now I have to start studying it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Palf70Step 11-04-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4989598)

I accomplished my goal.….........I finished the Bible. Man, it feels great. *Now I have to start studying it.
Posted via Mobile Device

:metal: :metal:

4dranch 11-04-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 4989598)

I accomplished my goal.….........I finished the Bible. Man, it feels great. *Now I have to start studying it.
Posted via Mobile Device

:metal::metal: Congrats Alan..