The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

1Bad 37 10-29-2013 07:43 PM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

I'll trade you motors! Mine runs great! :lol::lol::lol: You know you want a Corvette motor! :lol::lol::lol:

Hart_Rod 10-29-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6338758)
Rob no there are no codes being thrown. I may pull harness and computer and redo it. I have access to one of the best ls tunners and engine builders on the west coast we are all trying to figure the the truck out. We will figure it out but it just depends on if its before sema. i hate to push the truck into Sema

I'm sure it's something simple, it usually always is....:lol:

jlsanborn 10-29-2013 11:06 PM

I would agree that it's gotta be something simple. Don't be too quick to blame the "black box". Get some fresh eyes on it man, someone that hasn't gone down the same path as you and your builder. Odds are that the computer did not somehow get effed up, but that someplace in all your custom wiring and stuff something is just not hooked up or is hooked up backwards or something. I bet you're one wire away from CRAZY!

mcbassin 10-30-2013 08:14 AM

You have spark at the plugs, fuel pressure at the rail and no start? Have you checked to confirm the injectors are firing with a noid light? Does it even try to start?
Sometimes it's something simple. like a ground wire or not having power with the key on and during start. There are some sharp guys on the engine forum on here in the LS specific section that can help you through the diagnostic. I'm sure you have some great help already but it never hurts to get multiple opinions.

Low Elco 10-30-2013 08:20 AM

Hope you made some progress last night. Fingers crossed for you.

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 11:19 AM

Its all good. I have some of the best guys on the west coast working on it . Mark Roman is the tuner he is all over all the ls boards. He reflashed the computer. I had a big engine builder in town come over last night he looked at it. The harness is fine but there is no spark and injector pulse so we are leaning toward a bad computer. Thank you speartech. By the way I did call them and they were rude and not helpful in fact they were the opposite. So they took my 1400 and refuse to help in the situation so nice. Well at any rate we will look at the computer replace and reflash and if the does not work it will be getting rid of the e40 computer and doing a new wiring harness from another company. I will take it up with speartech later. Also it will not run for sema if the computer issue is not the issue just running out of time. Sucks but I bought what was supposed to be a good product and its not so it is what it is. Thanks for all the help guys

PBFAB.COM 10-30-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6339753)
Its all good. I have some of the best guys on the west coast working on it . Mark Roman is the tuner he is all over all the ls boards. He reflashed the computer. I had a big engine builder in town come over last night he looked at it. The harness is fine but there is no spark and injector pulse so we are leaning toward a bad computer. Thank you speartech. By the way I did call them and they were rude and not helpful in fact they were the opposite. So they took my 1400 and refuse to help in the situation so nice. Well at any rate we will look at the computer replace and reflash and if the does not work it will be getting rid of the e40 computer and doing a new wiring harness from another company. I will take it up with speartech later. Also it will not run for sema if the computer issue is not the issue just running out of time. Sucks but I bought what was supposed to be a good product and its not so it is what it is. Thanks for all the help guys

Frustrating to hear about the issues with what appears to be the harness or ECU. I have used Speartech in the past with good results... never had a problem. There was never the need for any troubleshooting/customer service from them, but sounds like that was a good thing. Sorry to hear about the lack of help you are receiving from them.

I am sure you will get it figured out, as you always seem to find a way.

Tootsie is looking incredible, and you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished over the past year. Kudos my friend!

Nate

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 6339031)
I'm sure it's something simple, it usually always is....:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbassin (Post 6339521)
You have spark at the plugs, fuel pressure at the rail and no start? Have you checked to confirm the injectors are firing with a noid light? Does it even try to start?
Sometimes it's something simple. like a ground wire or not having power with the key on and during start. There are some sharp guys on the engine forum on here in the LS specific section that can help you through the diagnostic. I'm sure you have some great help already but it never hurts to get multiple opinions.

Thanks Mike all of this has been checked at least three times three different ways. The 12volt power has power while cranking. all grounds are good and have been checked. We have checked the harness and all 12volt connections we have checked it all. It all checks out so we will get another computer. It has made it hard because speartech told me to go with the e40 computer which is a one year computer and to be honest with you from what I understand is not very good. So I guess we will have to wait and see. If the truck does not run it will be one expensive paper weight :lol:

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porterbuilt Street Rods (Post 6339785)
Frustrating to hear about the issues with what appears to be the harness or ECU. I have used Speartech in the past with good results... never had a problem. There was never the need for any troubleshooting/customer service from them, but sounds like that was a good thing. Sorry to hear about the lack of help you are receiving from them.

I am sure you will get it figured out, as you always seem to find a way.

Tootsie is looking incredible, and you should be extremely proud of what you have accomplished over the past year. Kudos my friend!

Nate

Thanks Nate I appreciate the kind words. I just really did not want to push the truck in to sema Its kind of embarrassing for me but I guess it is what it is.

youngrodder 10-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6339817)
Thanks Nate I appreciate the kind words. I just really did not want to push the truck in to sema Its kind of embarrassing for me but I guess it is what it is.

You will get is figured out. One (dumb) question is while you have been doning all of this trouble shootuing have you unhooked the battery at all? On my LT1 when I was having trouble firing the motor I finailly figured it out but it still didn't start until after unhooking the battery and letting the computer reset. I was surprised when I went back to try it that it fired. Other than hooking back up the battery I really didn't do anything differnt.

I'm sure that you tried it but I figured that I would ask.

Good luck
Marc

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 6339830)
You will get is figured out. One (dumb) question is while you have been doning all of this trouble shootuing have you unhooked the battery at all? On my LT1 when I was having trouble firing the motor I finailly figured it out but it still didn't start until after unhooking the battery and letting the computer reset. I was surprised when I went back to try it that it fired. Other than hooking back up the battery I really didn't do anything differnt.

I'm sure that you tried it but I figured that I would ask.

Good luck
Marc

no I have not done this yet. I will try it

Bhelton 10-30-2013 12:26 PM

The more I look at this build the more I'm amazed at the quality and attention to detail!

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 01:25 PM

Thank you now all I need is for the truck to run

5150 10-30-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6339817)

I'm there if you need me to push again. It would be an honor. ;)

Gus350 10-30-2013 01:50 PM

HELL I'd love to help push this beautiful beast. But I hope you get it running for your own sanity. This truck looks killer. Prayers for your family from mine.

396ci 10-30-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5150 (Post 6339959)
I'm there if you need me to push again. It would be an honor. ;)

2nd in line for the Tootsie pit crew!

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 05:20 PM

Thanks guys we may be pushing lol

Rochlow 10-30-2013 05:28 PM

Hell at least your going. I've never been

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 06:23 PM

This is my first yr too I am really excited

Hart_Rod 10-30-2013 06:34 PM

Can you email me a copy of your tune? robhartley@aol.com

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 06:44 PM

Rob we got it brother. Placed a new computer on and we have spark. So we are putting the truck back together and I will post it if we get it running. Looks like we found the problem. I will be calling speartech in the am and I will not be nice after the way he treated us.

superflysteiny 10-30-2013 06:45 PM

Also thank you Rob for the help

Hart_Rod 10-30-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6340353)
Rob we got it brother. Placed a new computer on and we have spark. So we are putting the truck back together and I will post it if we get it running. Looks like we found the problem. I will be calling speartech in the am and I will not be nice after the way he treated us.

Sweet! I understand where you are coming from.....

Rusbuilt 10-30-2013 07:40 PM

Glad to hear you got the issue fixed!

sduckworth13 10-30-2013 09:17 PM

This is more exciting than the count down for lift off of the space shuttles :).