The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

ABX131 07-14-2012 10:35 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Got the old tranny out, now I need to get the replacement unit in......

goirish78 07-15-2012 12:46 AM

Thanx man!! Preciate it

Vic
Posted via Mobile Device

Woogeroo 07-15-2012 12:59 AM

I worked on lining the door back up to the door latch after replacing the door pins and bushings last weekend.

I think it is close, it may need a little more tweaking.

-W

Cody63 07-15-2012 10:09 AM

Got my front sway bar on. Wow, what a difference.

Great add on.:metal:

E911manager 07-15-2012 11:23 AM

Flipped a coin to see which one I would work on today. It landed on tails so it was the barn find project. Started by cleaning up the engine and start working on a breaking the engine loose.. I found an old points and rotor still in the package while I was going through this thing.

One question is the rubber floor mats appear to be original and in great shape. But there is a thin foam sheet under it. It is formed to the floor pan and it appears to be factory. It has holes in the right places. So is that factory?

LT1 Burb 07-15-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E911manager (Post 5487097)
Flipped a coin to see which one I would work on today. It landed on tails so it was the barn find project. Started by cleaning up the engine and start working on a breaking the engine loose.. I found an old points and rotor still in the package while I was going through this thing.

One question is the rubber floor mats appear to be original and in great shape. But there is a thin foam sheet under it. It is formed to the floor pan and it appears to be factory. It has holes in the right places. So is that factory?

Yes the foam sheets are factory.

jbgroby 07-15-2012 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Put her eyes in.

chevy_mike 07-15-2012 07:51 PM

Troubleshooting a bad miss since my drive back from the Brothers Truck show last weekend. Ran a compression test and all the cylinders were within 10 psi (155-165). Since I had no idea how old the cap, rotor and plug wires were, I replaced them and the spark plugs as well. From what I can tell, seems to have solved the problem. Running like it was before the miss started. Yea!!! :D

markeb01 07-15-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goirish78 (Post 5485549)
I swapped out my old cracked valve cover for a nice new dress up chrome one!! Looks pretty. Question for u guys tho: I have 3 holes in the new valve cover. My new breather cap is in the front one just like it was. The hose is going in the back one just like it was. Below the front hole tho, on the driver side of the valve cover is another same size hole. I have nothing to put in it. Is it a oil filler hole maybe? If so what do I put in it while it's running? I'm assuming it has to be plugged. HELP??!!!!!

It's a 230 Chevy L6. 63 Chevy c10 short/step. Thanx men:metal:

VIC OUT
Posted via Mobile Device

Depending on the size of the hole, there are also generic valve cover grommets that are plugged:

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...rentProductId=

wrecked36 07-15-2012 09:48 PM

Re: BEST ANSWER EVER!!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
I drove it. I drove the spit out of it!

Sneaux 07-15-2012 09:57 PM

Started the new motor for the first time. Got some timing and overheating issues to workout.

towersddg9 07-15-2012 11:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got one inner fender in:four:

1enick72 07-15-2012 11:18 PM

Upgraded some upper engine parts, new distributor, 58mm BBK throttle body and SLP TPI runners. Can't wait to go for a spin :burnout:

198plus 07-16-2012 09:25 PM

Put one wheel on today........

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...1/DSCN2448.jpg

E911manager 07-16-2012 10:11 PM

More body work!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CdM 07-17-2012 01:51 AM

on the k10... installed the 38 super swampers. adjusted the timing a bit more.. gonna advance it 2 more degrees to put me at 33 overall. Put the hood on it. Going to go smash the crap outta it tomorrow at the dunes 8)
On the 66... I sat in the garage and stared at her while drinking a beer imaging how sweet she will look with porter-built drop members 8)

Rich 5150 69 07-17-2012 02:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cut the front valance out of the donor hood to replace mine with (rust out in the corners ) just have to finish cleaning it up and cut mine out.

eddie1 07-17-2012 02:43 AM

Removed the box yet again & reinstalled the hood. I am trying to sort out the fuel filler positioning for the under bead fuel tank. Goes to the exhaust shop tomorrow.

towersddg9 07-17-2012 10:50 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Put the other fender on, had to pull the steering shaft out, the power steering hoses I made fit fine under etc, no issues, also got the seat from Glide Engineering, with mounts and foam, will have it covered with the door panels and visors.

MikeS. 07-17-2012 11:32 PM

Changed all the hoses in the engine compartment along with the thermostat. Replaced the gas tank. Pulled the radiator, gonna have it tested but I bet it will need replaced. It's been repaired at least once before.

Spent 3.5 hours waiting at DMV to do 10 mins worth of work. Got pl & pd insurance while I waited. Burb is now registered to me, I went with an antique plate. Limits when I can drive it but it'll be good for the rest of this year anyway.

Posted via Mobile Device

mud.man.rj 07-18-2012 12:53 AM

Sarted to retofit an single electric fan for backup when extended idling, only goes to 215 max when idling for a long time but 180 normal driving, so used a temp sensor wired into the intake crossover to come in at 195. Finish it tomorrow and take pic's.

eddie1 07-18-2012 03:41 AM

Got it towed to the exhaust shop for the new duals.

BenkeBird 07-18-2012 07:20 AM

I drove my -62 panel to my shop and I filled some air in right rear tire and hade a tour around my town, Solleftea in Sweden, in the sunny weather and I just feel good.

ChiefRocka 07-18-2012 08:11 AM

MY daughter and I patina'd out some stock wheels ....
-
-
http://i48.tinypic.com/s2qq7n.jpg

Jeff La 07-18-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 5492406)
MY daughter and I patina'd out some stock wheels ....
-
-
http://i48.tinypic.com/s2qq7n.jpg

Awesome Pic, Man she's gonna make you pay when she get older :lol:

badriand 07-18-2012 10:27 AM

shaved the ol tailgate paint chippers

glos55 07-18-2012 10:53 AM

Drove to body shop last night. It's in for facelift and new hot rod flatz red paint below the new base/clear white top.

MikeS. 07-19-2012 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenkeBird (Post 5492356)
I drove my -62 panel to my shop and I filled some air in right rear tire and hade a tour around my town, Solleftea in Sweden, in the sunny weather and I just feel good.

Willkommen! At least I think that's how you Swedes spell Welcome:mm:

Now then, we need pictures, a lot of pictures. You can even host them here for free.

MikeS. 07-19-2012 06:25 AM

Here is some more pics of what I've been doing to my 63 4x4 Burb.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Photo0103.jpg

New tires, they have been mounted previously but never put on a vehicle. In new condition.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Photo0104.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/.../Photo0093.jpg

New Warn hubs and new Optima battery.
Several more new pics in my gallery, including parts still to be installed.

Chevy Fleetside 07-19-2012 11:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I pulled the front sheetmetal out from under my bed and bolted it up. It has been under there so long the dust looked like snow. Nasty.

198plus 07-19-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Fleetside (Post 5495471)
I pulled the front sheetmetal out from under my bed and bolted it up. It has been under there so long the dust looked like snow. Nasty.

Lookin good..............Get er done

ABX131 07-20-2012 12:49 AM

Got the 6 tranny bolts and 3 torque converter bolst in tonight....now I can start to put the transfer case and drive shafts back in....hope to be taking a test drive by the end of the weekend.

dantimdad 07-22-2012 05:26 PM

Removed the bed finally.

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...5-16-43_33.jpg

Next up is buying an engine hoist and removing the engine, trans and cab. Should have that done next weekend.

Steven

62 Barnfind 07-22-2012 05:28 PM

Removed all the excess seam sealer.

ArmedAffliction 07-22-2012 06:08 PM

Finished the body work and put the 5" drop coils on the rear 3" front coils tomorrow oh and i put new drop shocks on the back and front ones tomorow
Posted via Mobile Device

jbgroby 07-22-2012 07:02 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Got the inner fenders back from the painter he did a good job with the undercoat. I cut and put on the weatherstrip. Once the adheavesive dries tomorrow, I'll try and mount these up, I'm glad I waited to get a matched set of 60-61 oem fenders, the after market stuff is really cut wrong.

markeb01 07-22-2012 08:40 PM

Picked up an early GMC horn button so I can start experimenting with grille emblems.

AngryPirate 07-22-2012 11:45 PM

Took a part the steering wheel and part of the column. Fixed the turn signal switch at the bottom of the column (inside the firewall), replaced the cam and fabricated a new turn signal arm.
Put all of the steering wheel horn parts back in since nearly all were missing.

Started doing the 66 style e-brake conversion only to find out the rear cables I have are completely wrong. Like, not even close.

New parts ordered. The Woogaroo rear drum brake step-by page was super helpful,

catfish2 07-23-2012 07:27 PM

well the rag joint arrived today from "rock auto" so this evening was spent fitting the power steering, i had previously made the pump mounting brackets,acquired the hoses, and made an adaptor plate similar to captainfabs, after alot of trial and error with templates,clamps, and the like, it turned out pretty good and drives nice and smooth, i,ll do a proper alignment job at the weekend but i dont think its too far out. next job is to find a decent bench seat,[their a bit thin on the ground here in the uk.] may have to look into recovering the old tatty one.
the search function on here has been a real help to me with all the available info, thanks guys, i hope one day i can give something back.

Cody63 07-23-2012 07:39 PM

Got my truck inspected today and the rally rims put on it. Looks so much better. Can't wait to get it registered so I can actually drive it legally.