The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

special-K 09-04-2022 09:59 AM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

1 Attachment(s)
It's a fight to get grass to grow where some people live. But look at what I saw while sitting at a stop light the other day

FleetsidePaul 09-04-2022 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9120316)
It's a fight to get grass to grow where some people live. But look at what I saw while sitting at a stop light the other day

:lol: Don't be stoppin there. That there sign sez so.

Steeveedee 09-04-2022 02:04 PM

We grow spiders inside the sign posts here in California.

special-K 09-04-2022 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9120383)

Just like the government. Do this, don't do that, now don't do this and start doing that. What's wrong, can't follow instructions? Get out of here. Hey! Where ya goin'? :lol:

FleetsidePaul 09-05-2022 12:42 AM

My old 68 Bug. I ditched the ugly white wheels in a hurry for the original two tone wheels and put pop out rear windows in it. It was a really clean Bug. Slower than cold molasses. It was bone stock.

It did have some cheesy aftermarket steering wheel too. I put that back to factory. The racing wheel didn't really fit with the vibe of the car. I wanted it 100% original. This is when I first got it. I bought it off an old dude. He took good care of it.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/data/500/68_Bug.jpg

3757chevy 09-05-2022 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9120383)

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9120404)
Just like the government. Do this, don't do that, now don't do this and start doing that. What's wrong, can't follow instructions? Get out of here. Hey! Where ya goin'? :lol:

And now back to your regularly scheduled pictures.

special-K 09-06-2022 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3757chevy (Post 9120551)
Signs - The Five Man Electrical Band 1971 - YouTube And now back to your regularly scheduled pictures.

:cool: I thought of that song after I posted that. I guess I can relate :cool:

I haven't been on my bike for a few years now. haven't been to a hangout since that picture. I believe this was ;07

FleetsidePaul 09-06-2022 04:15 PM

UPS came today

The Green Hornet is getting some new shoes. I've just got to get them mounted.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/Rimz.jpg

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...edium/Tars.jpg

FleetsidePaul 09-11-2022 02:55 AM

Duke wants his bed. The little black blob in the dog bed is my long haired Chihuahua Sammy and he's not moving. Duke won't mess with Sammy (He's a mean little guy).

I guess size doesn't matter. At least that's what I keep telling women. :lol:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/..._and_Sammy.jpg

special-K 09-11-2022 10:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)
It's not the pen you use, it's how you sign your name :cool:

Maryland is a little state. It's entire southern border is the Potomac River from source to the Chesapeake Bay. It's source marks the farthest southwest tip of the state. A surveyed vertical boundary extends north to the border with PA (Mason-Dixon line). The Fairfax Stone, named after Lord Fairfax (VA), was set to mark this point and it was a forefather of mine who guided the survey party in the 1700s. It's also the same area where Maryland's highest point, Hoye Crest, is located on top of Backbone Mt.

Before the leaves came out last year my son and I visited these locations. For fun, I included a video from Pt. Lookout which is where the Potomac meets the Chesapeake Bay. The river becomes tidal at Washington, DC. There were four lighthouses on the lower Potomac. Imagine that, lighthouses on this little trickle of water to guide ships. Now we need to get down there to check that out. Like I said, a little state, but I have never been there

Fairfax Stone w/spring behind it:
Attachment 2217922
Source of the Potomac:
Attachment 2217923
Third marker for western boundary from the stone. Very near Hoye Crest:
Attachment 2217924
Hoye Crest:
Attachment 2217925

I apologize for the sped-up driving at first. One thing I dislike that YouTubers do. Once he gets you at the point it goes to drone. The river is to the right looking out from the point

CG 09-11-2022 11:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We went in to Ballard the other day and took a tour of the Theo Chocolate factory. Small compared to the big boys but still interesting. Most of their chocolate is on the darker end. They gave us lots of samples and a 20% discount at the factory store. You are allowed to take pics but no video. Older fella kept taking videos with his DSLR and was told to please stop several times. His wife said he was only focusing in. Tour guy said … Well he is panning around and I can see the red recording light on his screen. Very odd experience to see this guy so blatantly ignoring. Was a small group of 8, hard to get away with stuff. I don’t have any pics, just a video .. haha, kidding. Couple of pics from the net.

From there we went to the Ballard Locks, not the official name, but most call them that. I didn’t take many pics but here is one from the fish ladder viewing windows on the side of the locks.

https://www.ballardlocks.org/

special-K 09-11-2022 11:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have never heard of Theo Chocolate. I'll have to look into that. The small operations are all I care about. Nestle makes chocolate as well as owns half the food and beverage companies out there. I don't have to have chocolate, so I want good chocolate from a company focused on that. We have a couple companies like Theo Chocolate in Baltimore. Reb's is one. I was disappointed to see a candy shop in an old house along the Old National Pike on the way to Ellicott City is closed down. Probably the same story, got old and no one wanted to take it on. The sense of continuum is not so strong with younger generations.

That video I posted will play if you click the title up top. It plays it opens YouTube and plays it there

I wanted to show this picture taken near Hoye Crest and Fairfax Stone. The intersection of US50 and US219 in Maryland. They call US50 the loneliest hiway out in the west, desolate for long stretches. They say not so true back east, and that is true. US50 runs straight through Washington, DC, across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and on down to Ocean City, MD. Plenty of people, but you won't see many here at Red House. I've pulled over to eat lunch before and never saw another car.

Looking north and looking east toward Backbone Mt. The hiway runs over top of Backbone into the Potomac Valley. Beautiful views!

CG 09-11-2022 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What’s left of the willow tree we had taken down a few weeks ago. Looks like it still has life in it.

FleetsidePaul 09-12-2022 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9122958)
I have never heard of Theo Chocolate. I'll have to look into that. The small operations are all I care about. Nestle makes chocolate as well as owns half the food and beverage companies out there. I don't have to have chocolate, so I want good chocolate from a company focused on that. We have a couple companies like Theo Chocolate in Baltimore. Reb's is one. I was disappointed to see a candy shop in an old house along the Old National Pike on the way to Ellicott City is closed down. Probably the same story, got old and no one wanted to take it on. The sense of continuum is not so strong with younger generations.

That video I posted will play if you click the title up top. It plays it opens YouTube and plays it there

I wanted to show this picture taken near Hoye Crest and Fairfax Stone. The intersection of US50 and US219 in Maryland. They call US50 the loneliest hiway out in the west, desolate for long stretches. They say not so true back east, and that is true. US50 runs straight through Washington, DC, across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, and on down to Ocean City, MD. Plenty of people, but you won't see many here at Red House. I've pulled over to eat lunch before and never saw another car.

Looking north and looking east toward Backbone Mt. The hiway runs over top of Backbone into the Potomac Valley. Beautiful views!

I'm not so sure about the younger generation A young guy bought the little market by me and he drives from Bakersfield up and down the canyon.(about an hour each way) and works 7 days a week. All day. Every day. He's always there. I can't imagine working that hard. And that drive is a rough one. Maybe some young entrepreneur will get that candy shop back in action.

That chocolate factory brings me back to my old meter reading days. I read the meter at a chocolate factory and the smell was pure heaven. The other one was a granola factory. I'm no big fan of granola but whoa that place smelled good.

My latest. I had to plug in my phone and of course all the plugs were taken. So I see this night light taking up two outlets. I don't need a night light so I yank it out.

What I didn't know that it was also a candle air freshener. My wife put it there. I pull this thing out and my hand is covered in hot wax. :ack:

My wife made fun of me and told me that I should have known. I ask you. Does this look like a candle or a night light? It looks like a night light to me.

I burned my hand, got called an idiot, made a mess, and all I was trying to do was plug in my phone. :mad:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ght_Liught.jpg

FleetsidePaul 09-12-2022 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9123103)
What’s left of the willow tree we had taken down a few weeks ago. Looks like it still has life in it.

That's going to have sit for a while. I've tried to burn newer firewood in a pinch. It's not a good idea. It doesn't cooperate.

Killer Bee 09-12-2022 04:06 AM

need to split that big stuff to dry faster and at least 6 months to season

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xk0t90h23k3...33770.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/erc4uc6hwld...34736.jpg?dl=0

special-K 09-12-2022 05:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9123202)
I'm not so sure about the younger generation A young guy bought the little market by me and he drives from Bakersfield up and down the canyon.(about an hour each way) and works 7 days a week. All day. Every day. He's always there. I can't imagine working that hard. And that drive is a rough one. Maybe some young entrepreneur will get that candy shop back in action....

What I didn't know that it was also a candle air freshener. My wife put it there. I pull this thing out and my hand is covered in hot wax. :ack:

My wife made fun of me and told me that I should have known. I ask you. Does this look like a candle or a night light? It looks like a night light to me.

I burned my hand, got called an idiot, made a mess, and all I was trying to do was plug in my phone. :mad:

I wasn't talking bad of the younger generation work ethic. My comment was on the lack of sense of continuum, carrying the torch for the family business through the next generation so the one that follows can do the same. I know of many businesses that were doing well with a great reputation and customer base shut down simply because no one in the family wanted to take it on.

You're not an idiot. How would anyone know, other than the one who put it there, that had hot wax in it? I never knew about those until now. I'm surprised that product exists in this sue-happy world we live in.

Random picture I took, my first cordless screw gun

Boog 09-12-2022 06:20 AM

My grandad had a hand powered drill that looked a lot like that. I played with it when I was a kid. I don't know where it ended up but I do have a couple of his old hand saws and wood planes. They just hang on the wall these days.

Soupsdad 09-12-2022 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And now, for something COMPLETELY different....
Saw this at a car show we went to this weekend. It's called a Youabian Puma. Thing is huge!

Steeveedee 09-12-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 9123202)
I'm not so sure about the younger generation A young guy bought the little market by me and he drives from Bakersfield up and down the canyon.(about an hour each way) and works 7 days a week. All day. Every day. He's always there. I can't imagine working that hard. And that drive is a rough one. Maybe some young entrepreneur will get that candy shop back in action.

That chocolate factory brings me back to my old meter reading days. I read the meter at a chocolate factory and the smell was pure heaven. The other one was a granola factory. I'm no big fan of granola but whoa that place smelled good.

My latest. I had to plug in my phone and of course all the plugs were taken. So I see this night light taking up two outlets. I don't need a night light so I yank it out.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ght_Liught.jpg

I wouldn't have known, either. We don't use air fresheners at all. Vent fans in the bathrooms. We don't use products like Febreeze- can't stand the smell. ;)

Boog 09-12-2022 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soupsdad (Post 9123379)
Saw this at a car show we went to this weekend. It's called a Youabian Puma. Thing is huge!

Looks sort of like a very bloated mustang maybe.

Sheepdip 09-12-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9123263)

Random picture I took, my first cordless screw gun

That's called a "Yankee" Until the cordless drills became common those were used by carpenters and electricians for finish trim out.

Sheepdip 09-12-2022 09:46 AM

Quote:

https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/bu...hy-do-we-care/

CG 09-12-2022 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 9123260)
need to split that big stuff to dry faster and at least 6 months to season

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/xk0t90h23k3...33770.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/erc4uc6hwld...34736.jpg?dl=0

I asked all my buddies and family members if they wanted this wood. The only one that burns wood has more than he'll ever use for his outdoor fireplace. No one else wants it so its going to my BIL's burn pile. Going to be a while before it gets lit up again considering all the giant fires in the area.

Not placing an add either for free wood. Too many weirdos out there and I don't need them at my place.

FleetsidePaul 09-12-2022 12:05 PM

Quote:

I looked up the translation for Youabian... It means really ugly.