The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773345)

Jiggers72-GMC 04-05-2023 06:38 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Well played on the radio, I see the builder is in Ontario ........... cool

Already Gone 04-05-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9193883)
I looked up the company on the sticker of your radio and they say they are only Mopar and AMC. How did you get them to do your radio?

Yes u are correct he is mainly does Mopar Restoration stuff but called, I always get a good feeling when the owner of a business answers the phone, and asked if he did Chevy radios he said he could. It says somewhere in the attached link that he can do convesion on any radio.

https://classiccarradiorestoration.com

Steeveedee 04-05-2023 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 9193876)
I had my original AM Radio redone so is now AM/FM and has Blue Tooth with a built in microphone so can talk hands free. It was recommended by the builder that I use a fixed mast antenna for better reception on the AM so today ordered a complete new fixed mast antenna kit. My truck has the original telescoping antenna now.

Make sure to check with the radio guy, but FM is what uses the fixed mast length, iirc. You'll notice that your old antenna (extendable) was for an AM only radio. My dash was already cut up before I got it, so I got an aftermarket radio with AM/FM Bluetooth. Would have been nice for it to look original, but a lot of other stuff was also changed...

Smitty 04-05-2023 08:19 PM

Took it to the shop to have the Hydro Boost installed. Ever since putting in the Vortec the brakes have been somewhat questionable. The booster was checked and found to be good. Motor just didn't produce enough vacuum with that cam.Should have it back tomorrow.

Micmac 04-05-2023 08:37 PM

Brought home my new 1970 C-30 Dump truck. about 2400 mile round trip to Virginia with my flatbed. I would strongly recommend anyone on the east coast avoid Pennsylvania and New York on I-81 and I-84 at ALL COSTS with a trailer. Massachusetts I-90 is not congruent with towing either. I shot up I-91 into Vermont to exit 3 and cut across New Hampshire. Beautiful ride. My 2500 Diesel preformed and towed flawlessly.Fortunately no mishaps at all (other than a trailer license tag flying off in PA whilst banging about on the beautiful roads), just those states listed above got terrible roads, and 2 of them charge money to ride on em. I've tried everything I know to post a photo. Sorry, beyond my skillset, or an Apple doesn't play well here. Once I get the road off me I'll figure this photo stuff.

72c20customcamper 04-07-2023 04:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started to put the bed wood back in hopefully for the last time . I thing I got some grinding dust on it and with moisture it turned the wood a blackish blue . I get the same when I’m milling any type of oak . Just the blade hitting the wood causes the tannins in the wood to turn blue . This time I used spar urethane to seal it not just an oil finish like before

zicc1835 04-07-2023 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micmac (Post 9193918)
Brought home my new 1970 C-30 Dump truck. about 2400 mile round trip to Virginia with my flatbed. I would strongly recommend anyone on the east coast avoid Pennsylvania and New York on I-81 and I-84 at ALL COSTS with a trailer. Massachusetts I-90 is not congruent with towing either. I shot up I-91 into Vermont to exit 3 and cut across New Hampshire. Beautiful ride. My 2500 Diesel preformed and towed flawlessly.Fortunately no mishaps at all (other than a trailer license tag flying off in PA whilst banging about on the beautiful roads), just those states listed above got terrible roads, and 2 of them charge money to ride on em. I've tried everything I know to post a photo. Sorry, beyond my skillset, or an Apple doesn't play well here. Once I get the road off me I'll figure this photo stuff.

please try again Im a fan of c-30s & dumps..... what I do if you have a Mac export the photo to the desktop then start the process of manage attachments hope that helps

Chevys4life 04-09-2023 01:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Installed new steering wheel today. I can steer this thing a little better now since the wheel itself is smaller.

Micmac 04-09-2023 01:35 PM

^^^^^
Very Nice!

Micmac 04-09-2023 01:35 PM

Still working on the photo thingy. Years ago I used to post on here using photo bucket. I'm asking my distinguished panel of experts now!

EdwardSams 04-09-2023 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Replaced the vent windows and weatherstripping.

Cruise time!

HO455 04-09-2023 02:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Not really on the truck but I've been trying to make a decision on fabric for the door panels on my 67. I just haven't seen the perfect one yet.

3757chevy 04-09-2023 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Other than doing the driveway shuffle so our company has plenty of room to park for Easter Dinner , I've done nothing.

ghackett1 04-10-2023 07:24 AM

What I did:

The gate sweep on my 4 speed Hurst shifter seemed to be off a little when moving R to L in neutral. Turned out the shift lever on 3&4 had pulled away from the tranny. Cause — the bolt that secures it had loosened somewhat, so I pushed it back in and retightened. The gate is perfect now. ��

Micmac 04-10-2023 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zicc1835 (Post 9194497)
please try again Im a fan of c-30s & dumps..... what I do if you have a Mac export the photo to the desktop then start the process of manage attachments hope that helps

It seems the news iPhones don't take jpeg photo's. Every time I try to upload a photo get invalid format. I'm not giving up that easy though.

OregonNed 04-10-2023 10:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The polishing continues before show season out here in the PNW

67C10Step 04-10-2023 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Installed new Steele Rubber push on door seals last week and took the truck on it's longest drive since putting it back on the road. Wife and I made a 104 mile round trip to deliver some LED shop lights to a buddy. Been making 30-40 mile trips regularly and have a couple of trips planned for June/July that will be longer so stretching its legs a bit.

Danyo492 04-10-2023 12:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got the motor drained of all fluids, wiring harness removed and shift linkage disconnected. Going to be pulling the motor in the next couple of weeks hopefully!

zellway 04-12-2023 07:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First day running the a/c and its such a nice upgrade. only in the mid 90's today but truck did great. Might need to tint it but it kept it nice and cool all day today.

3757chevy 04-12-2023 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What happened to spring? We go from cold and wind to hot and wind . [flip for you]

Trio 04-12-2023 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevys4life (Post 9194957)
Installed new steering wheel today. I can steer this thing a little better now since the wheel itself is smaller.

Looks great. Source / link?

Casper42 04-13-2023 11:09 PM

pulled down and out the 23 year old checkered spare tire that wouldn't hold air, found a very nice used replacement, mounted it, stuck 'er back up underneath, and topped it off with a new repop carrier nut - it had just a standard nut before.

pjmoreland 04-16-2023 08:47 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Started the process of rebuilding a set of buddy bucket seats.

'68OrangeSunshine 04-16-2023 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjmoreland (Post 9196995)
Started the process of rebuilding a set of buddy bucket seats.

Ya know, PJ, that Buddy Buckets would be wasted in a Stepside Cab. Send 'em to me and I will put them in Blue Thunder, my '71 GMC Jimmy. After you're finished, of course, and a light/medium blue vinyl would be appreciated...
:lol:

pjmoreland 04-16-2023 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 9197018)
Ya know, PJ, that Buddy Buckets would be wasted in a Stepside Cab. Send 'em to me and I will put them in Blue Thunder, my '71 GMC Jimmy. After you're finished, of course, and a light/medium blue vinyl would be appreciated...
:lol:

If my memory serves me, there's a nice orange stepside cab in the Tucson area that already has a pair of bucket seats in it!!