The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=486137)

Get Down 09-07-2014 02:29 PM

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Sorry about the double post, I don't know how to delete one. Not use to this ipad

michaelt55 09-07-2014 02:50 PM

nice work on the bed...what type of wood? Actually like the paint vice chromed look of the strips...

48fordf1 09-07-2014 05:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally gor my Luggage Rack from ClassicRacks.com mounted to my '52 Panel (with. '54 front end). Michael did a great job. I ended up bolting it to the roof due to the extremely small roof rails. I had concerns even after fabricating some thicker, perfect fitting Stainless brackets, with it coming loose going down the road. I'd hate to cause an accident, damage and lose it, or have it easily stolen.

Get Down 09-07-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelt55 (Post 6833557)
nice work on the bed...what type of wood? Actually like the paint vice chromed look of the strips...

Thank you. I used yellow pine from Lowe's natural cherry stain a torch to highlight some of the grain. Then finished it off with some Australian timber oil.

ChuckDriver 09-07-2014 08:27 PM

The bed wood and black strips look really nice!!

mgchevyparts 09-07-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48fordf1 (Post 6833759)
I finally gor my Luggage Rack from ClassicRacks.com mounted to my '52 Panel (with. '54 front end). Michael did a great job. I ended up bolting it to the roof due to the extremely small roof rails. I had concerns even after fabricating some thicker, perfect fitting Stainless brackets, with it coming loose going down the road. I'd hate to cause an accident, damage and lose it, or have it easily stolen.

Really nice looking panel there.

mgchevyparts 09-07-2014 10:34 PM

What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Drove it:metal:

Get Down 09-08-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChuckDriver (Post 6833957)
The bed wood and black strips look really nice!!

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Russell Ashley 09-08-2014 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 48fordf1 (Post 6833759)

That truck looks great. Do you ever bring it up to any of the events around Atl?

dubie 09-08-2014 11:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We wrecked out the wifes 58 GMC fleetside so we can get all of the welding done on the cab over the winter

OrrieG 09-08-2014 12:15 PM

Dropped the hood on, close but look like fit even from the factory where it curves down into the headlights was very off. Also the back curve does not match the radius of the cowl. It will stay that way I am done cutting and rewelding. Still fighting the passenger fender, tonight I am going to make sure the frame is level side to side and take some measurements because the radiator brace on that side is wanting to be shimmed up more than the drivers side.

lynx5653 09-12-2014 02:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
mock up of rear suspension. still need shock brackets made, it is almost a rolling chassis again. one problem rear frame is tweaked hopefully that will be fixed next week. slow progress but progress just the same. started boxing in the frame, all parts are just tacked on for now final weld after all mock up is complete.

michaelt55 09-12-2014 05:55 PM

Where did you get this setup or did you fabricate it? Looks good!

lynx5653 09-12-2014 06:12 PM

will check on brand and dealer, had to modify to mount on axle. truck is a 4x4. thanks for the comment I think it looks good also.

hsdropout 09-13-2014 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Uh..........not much...........dusted her off...........
Gotta get back to terimnating the wire one day soon.
Gettin the HOG ready for Reno Street Vibrations in a couple weeks.....yeehaww.

Kid 09-13-2014 02:24 PM

I sold it ( I think, will know at 3)

Burbanaro 09-13-2014 03:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Digging it out of the corner to start working on it. Plans have changed over the years. Will be going the slammed route instead of monster truck.
Attachment 1301180

Attachment 1301181

Attachment 1301182

michaelt55 09-13-2014 04:02 PM

please do, I just got my new rear end and I would love to get it wrapped up in a short time, so I can do the front end!

oldman3 09-13-2014 07:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Drove down to one of the local car shows today, about 60 miles round trip. It was a cool 50 degress at 10:00 am, but was still a fun drive.

First pic is my son and his friend in his 48 F**d rat rod pickup. 2nd is a "selvie" with the top off enjoying the ride....Jim

Dan in Pasadena 09-13-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman3 (Post 6841731)
?... 2nd is a "selvie" with the top off enjoying the ride....Jim

Ha ha, Jim you're just PROVING your screen name is accurate. It's "Selfie". C'mon man, if you're gonna try using the vernacular you've got to use it correctly.:lol:

Indian113 09-13-2014 08:17 PM

Good to see ya out and enjoying your truck Jim!

OrrieG 09-13-2014 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally got the passenger side fender - door' cowl gap right, what a wrestling match. Porta power and application of various body tools to relieve the tension so it would settle into place. Now back to final body work and blocking on the fenders and bed sides. More photos in the build thread.

Daze57 09-13-2014 10:45 PM

well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a long time sittin' indoors i decided to finally get to rebuild a 350 chevy motor i have had for some years , i seem to remember it only had 27;000 miles '
well after takin it apart i saw that the crank had some scoring - rod bearings were not worn evenly and the lifters had very small pits in them - so much for a '' gasket and reseal rebuild .
so i guess my new song of the day is ; ''HI HO HI HO mo money in the motor we go ''
well at least the block aint cracked like my head is

'' that;s the way it is ''

Daze57 09-13-2014 10:45 PM

well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after a long time sittin' indoors i decided to finally get to rebuild a 350 chevy motor i have had for some years , i seem to remember it only had 27;000 miles '
well after takin it apart i saw that the crank had some scoring - rod bearings were not worn evenly and the lifters had very small pits in them - so much for a '' gasket and reseal rebuild .
so i guess my new song of the day is ; ''HI HO HI HO mo money in the motor we go ''
well at least the block aint cracked like my head is

'' that;s the way it is ''

oldman3 09-13-2014 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena (Post 6841772)
Ha ha, Jim you're just PROVING your screen name is accurate. It's "Selfie". C'mon man, if you're gonna try using the vernacular you've got to use it correctly.:lol:

OK Dan, you got me on that one...Jim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian113 (Post 6841783)
Good to see ya out and enjoying your truck Jim!

Thanks Ray...Jim