The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Tootsie build for my mother with cancer (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=516741)

Low Elco 11-04-2013 09:24 AM

Re: Tootsie build for my mother with cancer

Congrats on Making it! Truck looks great, I dig the wheels! I take it they're now an Intro product?

superflysteiny 11-04-2013 10:31 AM

Nice Bryan. I think I am going to hold on to these wheels lol. I will see you this week

aggie91 11-04-2013 10:36 AM

Eric

TThe truck turned out very very nice. Video sounds great! The new Delmo wheels look cool, glad to hear you helping him out too! You could always runs one set on one side and the other set on the opposite side..JK LOL...

Did your Mom get to see the truck before it left for SEMA? Hope all is going well for her too!

Delmo 11-04-2013 11:34 AM

Huuuuuuge thanks to Eric for helping out this little fat kid get his wheels to Sema. I told him the other wheels looked so killer but he didn't care, was more worried about helping me out. I can't even explain how much dignity this guy has. The truck is built so well that a set of wooden wheels would still look awesome. The original wheels will be going back on after Sema and a few burnouts I'm sure. Lol

I've been working with Intro for a long time developing my own line of wheels, these being the first design. Available in almost any backspace, color and size. I'll have the website ASAP but for now please PM me with any questions. Again massive thanks the Eric for the honor of bolting a set on Toots.

screaminchevypickup 11-04-2013 11:47 AM

Love the new wheels..

Bhelton 11-04-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delmo (Post 6347458)
Huuuuuuge thanks to Eric for helping out this little fat kid get his wheels to Sema. I told him the other wheels looked so killer but he didn't care, was more worried about helping me out. I can't even explain how much dignity this guy has. The truck is built so well that a set of wooden wheels would still look awesome. The original wheels will be going back on after Sema and a few burnouts I'm sure. Lol

I've been working with Intro for a long time developing my own line of wheels, these being the first design. Available in almost any backspace, color and size. I'll have the website ASAP but for now please PM me with any questions. Again massive thanks the Eric for the honor of bolting a set on Toots.

Well put and congrats to both of you!! I'm sure tootsie will be the talk of the show

5150 11-04-2013 02:07 PM

Del, are you going to be at SEMA?

Dunenutt 11-04-2013 02:59 PM

Love the wheels! Gives it an old school vibe. Two totally different looks.

Cole Trickle 11-04-2013 05:58 PM

awesome...truck looks great

Very cool that Del has his own wheel line and you are sporting them at the big show.

Congrats guys.

ChickenCityHotRods 11-04-2013 09:59 PM

Congrats on making it to SEMA. Truck looks outstanding!

Delmo 11-04-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5150 (Post 6347674)
Del, are you going to be at SEMA?

Gunna try bro.

superflysteiny 11-04-2013 11:11 PM

Thanks guys. I am pumped its been awesome hanging out with Mike Losh and all my friends. I can honestly say the wheels rock people are freaking at Sema over them. I would not have it any other way. I wanted the truck to have a different look for Sema and Del delivered. Thank you. I will debute the truck with the flag staff wheels then the following show the smoothies will be back on the truck. Thank you guys for you support with the shirts. I feel truly blessed. My mom is doing well and is cancer free since the surgery. That is what the truck was all about. I am tearing up with joy I am so proud of the people that have helped and supported this build. It has meant the world to me and my family. Thank you

c10Dream'n 11-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6348522)
Thanks guys. I am pumped its been awesome hanging out with Mike Losh and all my friends. I can honestly say the wheels rock people are freaking at Sema over them. I would not have it any other way. I wanted the truck to have a different look for Sema and Del delivered. Thank you. I will debute the truck with the flag staff wheels then the following show the smoothies will be back on the truck. Thank you guys for you support with the shirts. I feel truly blessed. My mom is doing well and is cancer free since the surgery. That is what the truck was all about. I am tearing up with joy I am so proud of the people that have helped and supported this build. It has meant the world to me and my family. Thank you

that is awesome bro. glad to hear your mom is doing well. I wore my shirt this past weekend to boot!!!!!!
best of luck and have fun at the show.

oldman3 11-05-2013 12:31 AM

Eric, I haven't had the honor of meeting you, but I've followed along on your great build, and on previous ones. How you handle yourself, and the respect you show your friends, has set the bar high. Your Mother can be proud of the truck, but I'm sure she is MORE proud of YOU, a loving and caring son. My prayers continue for you Mom...Jim

Rusbuilt 11-05-2013 08:04 AM

I agree with Jim! You're a good man Eric!

Low Elco 11-05-2013 10:44 AM

Stupid double post!

Low Elco 11-05-2013 10:46 AM

Bah, trucks. I'm so Glad to hear about your Mom. Props also for hookin' Del into the deal. Have a ball for all of us who can't!

NewType72 11-05-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflysteiny (Post 6348522)

Huge congrats to all the hard work, stress, and now happy days ahead of you and your family Eric. The magnitude of this build is so immense and were all so happy of the pay off of seeing not just the truck finished but your mother being cancer free and healthy. Take the time to sit back and relax you and your friends and family have definitely deserved it.

knomadd 11-05-2013 12:49 PM

:agree:

5150 11-05-2013 06:11 PM

Here are my pics from today. I'll try to get better ones tomorrow.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...psaca05de9.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps102df787.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps2db4325b.jpg

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...ps062d0956.jpg

Mayo 11-05-2013 06:45 PM

What a beautiful truck! I look forward to seeing it with the other wheels on it too, its always nice to have options.

Rusbuilt 11-05-2013 06:57 PM

That thing is sick!

sduckworth13 11-05-2013 07:05 PM

Thanks for the pics Bryan. The truck looks awesome Eric. Very nice to hear that your mom is doing great.

oldman3 11-05-2013 08:03 PM

Great pics...Jim

nasqar 11-05-2013 08:55 PM

Praise the Lord that your Mom is doing well! Congrats on getting done and I hope you get to enjoy the time you spend at the show. Share the pics brother, we cant see enough of Tootsie.

I do believe the color of Tootsie matches the uniforms of the Hooter's girls, you may have to get a couple shots to see how close of match it is, lol.