The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What did you do today not on your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810698)

72c20customcamper 11-18-2020 07:40 PM

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

2 Attachment(s)
Heats in and leveler poured. The leveler says 16 hours to install flooring I'm going to wait till Friday or Saturday dont want any moisture under the laminate flooring

Getter-Done 11-18-2020 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy4639 (Post 8836743)
I bought this one for $1000.00. Going to some friends down at the beach. He is on Oxygen all the time so it's going be for him to ride around in the yard with his grand daughter.
I installed a 400amp Alltrax controller and ITS switch this past spring.

I'm doing the brakes on it now. Cables were froze up on it had to cut them out with my saw all. New cables ordered. Batteries were still wet but had no water in them. I hope I caught them in time to save them. There only 3 years old.
:chevy:

:metal:

72c20customcamper 11-19-2020 07:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Was going to mill some Hickory white and red oak today but yesterday the mills hydraulics stop working chased it down to a solenoid. Was hoping that one could be had locally ,no such luck. So it will have to wait so I laid the flooring down . Over 24 hours so the leveler should be dry .

Picture from yesterday gassing up the mill

Andy4639 11-19-2020 09:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Getter-Done (Post 8837764)
:metal:

I finished up the cart today. New brake cables. The passenger side hub cost me 2 days and $75.00 for a used axle & hub. I had to cut & grind the old out. It's back on the ground though and ready to go. Batteries are holding a charge so far but I haven't rode it but just enough to make sure it ran good. :chevy:

72c20customcamper 11-22-2020 10:53 AM

Installed two new shower heads yesterday . This morning I drilled out both of the water restrictors . Felt like I had to run around the stream to get wet . What's the sense of less water per minute when you have to take a much longer shower .

MAC71Cheyenne 11-22-2020 03:00 PM

It's cold and raining so working on a hay trolley restoration, bottle of Crown, and figuring what is what in the parts pile to share with everyone....

72c20customcamper 11-22-2020 08:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Got some more wood . It’s all about counterbalance

1976gmc20 11-24-2020 12:13 AM

I haven't done a damn thing lately except for the daily chores. It feels good :)

special-K 11-24-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8839473)
Got some more wood . It’s all about counterbalance

Yeah but you end up hauling twice as much wood that way. Oh wait, that's a good thing. Nevermind
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 (Post 8840099)
I haven't done a damn thing lately except for the daily chores. It feels good :)

Got pictures? :lol:

1976gmc20 11-24-2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8840149)
Got pictures? :lol:

Taking pictures isn't one of my daily chores :mm:

Redneck Rydes 11-24-2020 03:57 PM

Been working on a old Polaris Indy 500, been sitting a while,neede something to ride around the property here,normally in SC riding my Harley,but with all this Covid crap,staying in the great white north this winter

72c20customcamper 11-24-2020 06:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fried a turkey to bring to mom tomorrow, with all this craziness she decided to not go to either my house nor my sisters. So we’re making her a nice meal with all the fixings. Going to be a very low key holiday just me and the misses. Last year mom was in the hospital so no thanksgiving for two years

57taskforce 11-24-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8840362)
Fried a turkey to bring to mom tomorrow, with all this craziness she decided to not go to either my house nor my sisters. So we’re making her a nice meal with all the fixings. Going to be a very low key holiday just me and the misses. Last year mom was in the hospital so no thanksgiving for two years

Looks good to me. Fried or smoked are my preferred Turkeys for sure.

I got my tooth drilled today. Had one minor cavity between a couple teeth somewhere in the back... last week was the first time I went to the dentist in 10 years... damn I hate that place. Glad followed the stray thought in the back of my head to get my teeth checked out.

Boog 11-24-2020 10:15 PM

Oh man. Mom ought to enjoy that bird n fixins. Yes sir.

DeadheadNM 11-24-2020 10:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Looks good. Reminds me of a sausage deli I recently visited est 1954.

57taskforce 11-26-2020 01:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like some good eatin’ Pete.

I cut, split, and loaded 3 8’ bed loads of oak today. I’m gonna sleep good tonight.

72c20customcamper 11-26-2020 10:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8841003)

I cut, split, and loaded 3 8’ bed loads of oak today. I’m gonna sleep good tonight.

It's good for ya .

special-K 11-26-2020 12:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 8841088)
It's good for ya .

Yeah. Sleep's good for ya :lol:

1976gmc20 11-26-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

I don't have a woodshed and I split wood by hand so I pretty much split it just before I bring it in the house. Even out in the snow and rain, the seasoned logs are usually dry in the middle.

I have two woodpiles and use out of them alternate winters so it has a chance to dry out during the summer even if cut green. Which means of course that I have to be two years ahead by fall.

DeadheadNM 11-26-2020 04:07 PM

Quote:

Tyler where did you get the oak down there?

57taskforce 11-26-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8841265)
Tyler where did you get the oak down there?

I get it up above Toadlena in the Chuska’s, about 35 minutes south of Shiprock and 12 miles due west to the mountains. My wife gets the permit for like $5 or something. My father in law knows all the good honey holes. All said from my house to the spots up on top where we cut is usually close to 2 hours, so when I go we bring 2-3 trucks and make the most of it. It’s all scrub oak but normally we can find some that’s 18”-2’ in diameter.

I’ve got about 5 cord split, seasoned and stacked already. The loads we got yesterday should be a good head start on next year. As warm as it’s been I haven’t even burned half a cord yet.

1976gmc20 11-26-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8841321)
I get it up above Toadlena in the Chuska’s, about 35 minutes south of Shiprock and 12 miles due west to the mountains. My wife gets the permit for like $5 or something. My father in law knows all the good honey holes. All said from my house to the spots up on top where we cut is usually close to 2 hours, so when I go we bring 2-3 trucks and make the most of it. It’s all scrub oak but normally we can find some that’s 18”-2’ in diameter.

I’ve got about 5 cord split, seasoned and stacked already. The loads we got yesterday should be a good head start on next year. As warm as it’s been I haven’t even burned half a cord yet.

Forty years ago when I was working up north of Mora, I cut a pickup load of scrub oak and took it up to my mom and stepdad in CO.

DeadheadNM 11-27-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57taskforce (Post 8841321)

Funny I suspected that could be the location. I've never been in there. I bet it's a neat area. Not one of the four sacred peaks though if I recall.

57taskforce 11-27-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8841653)
Funny I suspected that could be the location. I've never been in there. I bet it's a neat area. Not one of the four sacred peaks though if I recall.

One of these days when you get back around, we’ll have to grab the kids and go up and check it out. I’d easily move up there and live off the land for at least part of the year if I was in a position to do so.
You’re correct not one of the 4 sacred peaks. Have you ever driven up to or hiked around the Shiprock pinnacle? That’s another really cool place.

Steeveedee 11-27-2020 08:14 PM

Getting free rocks. We're doing some work out front, and one of the neighbors has a defunct water feature in the back yard, which is surrounded by loose stone, and she wants rid of it. 4 barrows so far, 1 or maybe 2 to go. But my son had to go to work, so we didn't finish. I'll enslave my youngest son tomorrow, since the other one will be at work again.