The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   tuba trucks (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=648457)

duallyjams 06-11-2016 06:15 PM

Re: tuba trucks

That is a BIGto do list.

dwcardfan 06-11-2016 06:40 PM

You have a big job in front of you. You will never be able to retire now. Build more TRUCKS.

clemdaddy 06-12-2016 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7621702)
wow. You know you're a cool truck guy when parts gravitate to you.

not sure its cool but more like blind a$$ luck. just got to make good from the situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NevEno (Post 7621724)
Wow that's awesome!! Will work for truck parts Clem.

dude, this is an unexpected windfall…you need it, you got it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7621791)
I just said a whole load of naughty words....
That is just awesome Clem.

I know Rian, I totally want to share the wealth to those that need… but keep your naughty words to yourself...:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjh1965 (Post 7621862)
Clem will say a lot more if he checks your case
when you leave

Martin there will be a time when I will try to sell some of this stuff, but for now my friend, let's get some trucks built. And Rian… I'm not worrying about his bags.:lol:

clemdaddy 06-12-2016 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duallyjams (Post 7622053)
That is a BIGto do list.

You're telling me bro…frickin' monumental.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwcardfan (Post 7622064)
You have a big job in front of you. You will never be able to retire now. Build more TRUCKS.

Man, too true… and thanks for the focus. "Build more trucks"...

clemdaddy 06-13-2016 01:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
The 50 model below looks nice but the new owner was shocked at how poorly it was built... badly sub-framed (really bad) like dangerous. terrible welding throughout, cobbled together with mismatched salvage yard parts. When we put it up on the lift and the owner saw the bad job that had been done... He said "never buy a car from 2 drunks with a welder".:lol:
Not really funny but the owner is a great guy who just wanted a cool old truck with decent paint. The wheels and tires look good and the small block sounds tough but when he told us he had it up over a hundred... we said "man, we got to make this truck safe".

Check out the transmission crossmember they made... the grill was held in with twisted coat hangers... it was crazy.

On a better note. thats Dano in the ballcap, another Oregoner or Oregonnor (not sure), he's the metal fab & bodywork, that throws down some mean paint guy we've been looking for.

Pete and Dano engineered a path to fix the black 50. They boxed and stitched it up, they secured the grill and hung a bumper and splash pan up front. There was a ton of work to fix it right... the guys did a great job and we've got a happy customer.

Grizz1963 06-13-2016 01:47 PM

Well, that cross member is possibly a contender for a WTF thread.

Glad you got it all sorted for the customer.

Johnny_Lamebridge 06-13-2016 02:21 PM

That '50 is the perfect example of "you can't judge a book by it's cover". Good thing he brought the truck to you to be repaired before things started falling off... or worse!

Chevy Apache 06-13-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clemdaddy (Post 7623812)
The 50 model below looks nice but the new owner was shocked at how poorly it was built... badly sub-framed (really bad) like dangerous. terrible welding throughout, cobbled together with mismatched salvage yard parts. When we put it up on the lift and the owner saw the bad job that had been done... He said "never buy a car from 2 drunks with a welder".:lol:
Not really funny but the owner is a great guy who just wanted a cool old truck with decent paint. The wheels and tires look good and the small block sounds tough but when he told us he had it up over a hundred... we said "man, we got to make this truck safe".

Check out the transmission crossmember they made... the grill was held in with twisted coat hangers... it was crazy.

On a better note. thats Dano in the ballcap, another Oregoner or Oregonnor (not sure), he's the metal fab & bodywork, that throws down some mean paint guy we've been looking for.

Pete and Dano engineered a path to fix the black 50. They boxed and stitched it up, they secured the grill and hung a bumper and splash pan up front. There was a ton of work to fix it right... the guys did a great job and we've got a happy customer.

Think they might have been related too the previous owner of our truck

Bomp 06-14-2016 12:33 PM

Looks like the Oregonians are taking over Tuba Trucks.
Nice save on the 50's truck.

AnotherWs6 06-14-2016 01:24 PM

How could any human being put that cross membe ron and be like, that should be fine.

chad64chevy 06-14-2016 05:59 PM

good to see that you got the 50's truck safe! I can't wait to get some time off to come see you again, maybe in a few weeks! lunch will be on me, buddy

Bomp 06-20-2016 12:20 PM

Hey, Happy belated Fathers Day. You did fill out the adoption papers on me, right?
See ya in October.

stacerbob 06-20-2016 12:25 PM

Clem, would you be interested in more parts? Buddy of mine has whats left from HEAVY CHEVY in ROGERS.

Grizz1963 06-21-2016 05:53 PM

Saw this and wondered if it was modelled on you.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...srjxbo1xo.jpeg

Ta2Don 06-21-2016 06:31 PM

:metal:

clemdaddy 06-22-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7623834)
Well, that cross member is possibly a contender for a WTF thread.
Glad you got it all sorted for the customer.

Thanks Rian, personally I'd like to forget about that crossmember. Better now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny_Lamebridge (Post 7623872)
That '50 is the perfect example of "you can't judge a book by it's cover". Good thing he brought the truck to you to be repaired before things started falling off... or worse!

Thanks Johnny, there's a lot of shoddy work being done out there but this is one of the worst I've seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevy Apache (Post 7623905)
Think they might have been related too the previous owner of our truck

Yeah, right... It's insane. Scary insane...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7624768)
Looks like the Oregonians are taking over Tuba Trucks.
Nice save on the 50's truck.

Those oreganeners are everywhere... and a damn good thing for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6 (Post 7624823)
How could any human being put that cross membe ron and be like, that should be fine.

I know... thats some crazy stuff. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night if I thought that was fine... yaknow?

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 7625006)
good to see that you got the 50's truck safe! I can't wait to get some time off to come see you again, maybe in a few weeks! lunch will be on me, buddy

Thanks Chad... Man, I'm pretty hungry, you know any burger joints with really cold beer?:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomp (Post 7630152)
Hey, Happy belated Fathers Day. You did fill out the adoption papers on me, right?
See ya in October.

You're about the right age... got the right interests... I'd be an instant granddaddy... hmmmm, OK, where do I sign.
October... yeah, looking forward to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacerbob (Post 7630158)
Clem, would you be interested in more parts? Buddy of mine has whats left from HEAVY CHEVY in ROGERS.

pm sent...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizz1963 (Post 7631463)
Saw this and wondered if it was modelled on you.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...srjxbo1xo.jpeg

I need that... funny it's not even a tuba, it's a euphonium or that guy is 9 foot tall. if you carry a tuba around for a couple of years, you don't forget how big they are.

Don, will your truck be finished this fall? no push, just hoping you and Chad will be showing them at the party. Come for the weekend... big fun. we've got a different salvage yard this year.

clemdaddy 06-30-2016 06:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
rolled my friends 66 custom out today for some pics...

Ta2Don 06-30-2016 06:56 PM

So Cool!!!:metal:

Bomp 06-30-2016 07:12 PM

Looking really sharp there Clem. What type of sound deadener or floor product is that?

Grizz1963 07-01-2016 01:24 AM

Ohhhh Man !!!

That looks so smart.

Tuba Trucks certainly knocks every one out the park.

Chevy Apache 07-01-2016 05:43 AM

That's one sweet looking truck think I feel a color change maybe coming in the winter time.

clemdaddy 07-01-2016 08:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple of more detail shots from yesterday...

Low Elco 07-01-2016 12:38 PM

Y'all do pretty work, Clem!

flashed 07-01-2016 12:53 PM

It looks great ,cant wait to see more of it.

clemdaddy 07-17-2016 10:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Elco (Post 7640753)
Y'all do pretty work, Clem!

Thank you buddy... got a good crew here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 7640779)
It looks great ,cant wait to see more of it.

Thanks! The owner is in town today and that has me stoked and nervous at the same time... more on his truck later...

But for now its Maude. Very sad when this happens.
Maude is a 65 that is special to a very nice lady. We did tons of work on floors and doors, rebuilt the engine and got a built 700R, did a completely new chassis and in the middle of test fitting sheet metal... we were informed that the finances had dried up. I've had this happen before and it seldom has a good ending. So, since we don't want our efforts to deteriorate we quickly sprayed some epoxy sealer on the cab and will push her outback with a water proof cover. Who knows what will happen next to Maude???

Pics as she is now...