The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

67 twins 10-07-2022 04:04 AM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by 62c30 (Post 9131569)
I've heard that some of them get used for target practice on the way to Washington

Several years back they had a train derailment with some of those. I believe they ended up scrapping six fuselages. Can you imagine the insurance settlement for that!

special-K 10-07-2022 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9131500)
I keep putting off hauling these willow chunks out to my honeys sister and bil’s place. Gonna have a willow forrest if I don’t get to it.

That's what I need around here, procrastination indicators :lol:

4u2nv 10-07-2022 06:19 AM

4 Attachment(s)
You ever look back on a job you did at home and think " Man that was a lot of work "
Looking through some old pictures and that is what came into mind first and then you say " but it payed off " with years of enjoyment.
The pool area needed a face lift with new liner , added a step at the one end and added a bigger step at the other this was done by contractors and added more seating area at both ends
The BBQ area I guess I could say was the fun part to build
The wife and I put up the fence without a divorce and my youngest son and I did the prep work around the pool .jacked the change house up to level , it sagged over the years

special-K 10-07-2022 07:33 PM

That was a lot of work that I'm sure has paid off. I have looked and thought the same before.

What I realized one day here is there isn't an inch of this place I haven't laid my hands on.
Ok, except my bedroom. I have done very minimal there. I hope to start in on that this winter, finally

4u2nv 10-08-2022 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9131825)
That was a lot of work that I'm sure has paid off. I have looked and thought the same before.

What I realized one day here is there isn't an inch of this place I haven't laid my hands on.
Ok, except my bedroom. I have done very minimal there. I hope to start in on that this winter, finally

Same thing here but every inch
When we first bought this place 39 years ago it started by dumping 15 tandem loads of sand in the back yard to level things up and then it went from there.
I think I'm done unless she has another brain wave .

special-K 10-08-2022 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's funny my bedroom is untouched and everything else has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Same wallpaper, same carpet, and even has the wiring run along the floor with receptacles mounted on the baseboard. And same low saggy brown coat plaster ceiling. It was the lowest priority since it's private and all I do is sleep there. I have a nice bed! :lol:

I ran a new power feed, phone line (remember when that was the thing?), and speaker wires up to the bedroom when I did the rest of the house long long ago. Now all that is needed is the power feed.

I need to complete my barn move project to get the storage back I'll need to move into another bedroom while I gut the bedroom. I plan to raise the ceiling, so attic over the room must be emptied. It will be pretty involved, but can't wait. It's never bothered me being the way it is, but it will be really nice once done. Mainly it's something a potential buyer would want

Here's my random picture of "Convenience Store". That's right, not "the convenience store" or "a convenience store" like all those other places. This is Convenience Store in Glenville, PA. You probably heard of it :cool:

72c20customcamper 10-09-2022 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Should be the last load .

special-K 10-09-2022 10:09 PM

Early October. Nice

4u2nv 10-11-2022 07:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this up on a shelf in the garage
Never tried it .
Good conversation piece .

special-K 10-11-2022 07:34 AM

Smuggler's aid! :lol:

"Hey, can I use your binoculars a second to see who's playing center field?"

"Sure, if I can take a nip off of yours"

CG 10-11-2022 10:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I know this isn’t too interesting to a bunch of mostly fellas … I am making some more stickers for my grand niece. She asked me to design some for her soccer team. I got a laminator that presses hot or cold depending on the laminate used. First batch of 3 inch came out ok using my Silouette cutting machine. These are my first attempt at hot press.

I’ve been a 20 plus year user of Adobe products but I just can’t justify the cost $$$ of yearly subscription since they went totally cloud based. I’m trying to learn the Affinity product line.

I have a folder on my desktop labeled Paul, I’m keeping ideas in there to make some Paul based stickers haha!

special-K 10-11-2022 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 9132875)
I know this isn’t too interesting to a bunch of mostly fellas … I am making some more stickers for my grand niece. She asked me to design some for her soccer team. I got a laminator that presses hot or cold depending on the laminate used. First batch of 3 inch came out ok using my Silouette cutting machine. These are my first attempt at hot press...

...I have a folder on my desktop labeled Paul, I’m keeping ideas in there to make some Paul based stickers haha!

Are you planning on making a series? Er several?? :lol:*

* Not pokin' on you, Paul. I'm sure you could willfully keep'em comin. Better form a partnership before this goes too far :lol:

4u2nv 10-11-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9132800)
Smuggler's aid! :lol:

"Hey, can I use your binoculars a second to see who's playing center field?"

"Sure, if I can take a nip off of yours"

That's good lol
Here's looking at you

Steeveedee 10-11-2022 09:57 PM

Every ball game I've ever been at (admittedly, not many, not much of a sports fan) People were generally bombed before going in, and buying $7 "glasses" of beer like it was going out of style. $7 was the price in about y2k, which is the last time I went to a Dodgers game. I generally drove, and can't imagine snarfing all the boozores out of those binoculars and driving.

68bowtie 10-11-2022 10:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Look at the size of this grape

Attachment 2223803

Attachment 2223804

Sheepdip 10-12-2022 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9133097)
Look at the size of this grape

Attachment 2223803

Attachment 2223804

That would almost make a glass of wine on it's own!.:lol::lol:

special-K 10-12-2022 06:48 AM

I've been noticing some monster sized produce lately. We like to see healthy produce but this stuff is getting freaky. Turns me off, to be honest. I see brussels sprouts that if bigger you might call it cabbage. They're just not supposed to be that big! I've seen carrots so big I wouldn't buy them.

68bowtie 10-12-2022 07:53 AM

Maybe it’s GMO’s. Maybe she’s born with it.

Reminds me of those 1800’s black and white photos of giant zucchini’s and watermelons. Not sure how that worked way back then. Probably using things worse for us than we use today.

Steeveedee 10-12-2022 09:50 AM

My MiL planted zucchini one time and didn't see one for all the leaves. That thing grew to 3 feet long! not worth eating, though. It was like wood.

Boog 10-12-2022 09:46 PM

Just this week a new record pumpkin in New Hampshire is 2,554 lb. Wonder what they fed that thing.

Steeveedee 10-12-2022 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9133388)
Just this week a new record pumpkin in New Hampshire is 2,554 lb. Wonder what they fed that thing.

:lol: Newspaper headline: "Pumpkin Festival Raided Due to Steroid Use!"

special-K 10-13-2022 07:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Yeah, GMO is a new term for an old practice. Corn as we know it is genetically modified from maize. It's the chemicals within the seed that alarms me. I just want what God put in my vegetables.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking for pictures of a job I did and came across this small folder. NOT a job I did. I had developed a good relationship with this homeowner through completing several jobs. The last job I did was tear out old sundeck/build new, and it had to be completed for the wedding with his new young wife. She was an architect and she designed it. That all went very well.

They had a couple more projects lined up for me, but what she stepped in and wanted next was to repair this tree fort that, I guess, Stuart had built for his kids years ago. Of all things, this would mark the end of our relationship. She wanted me to fix it so they could go drink wine up there (or whatever). Didn't want to go all out, just make it safe without a lot of effort. I presented the bare minimum approach, which involved a lot of rebuilding, and she wanted less. No can do, and that upset her. Never got called for the other work
Attachment 2224020
Attachment 2224021
Attachment 2224022
Attachment 2224023

I'll throw in a picture of the sundeck

Boog 10-13-2022 08:37 AM

That's a beautiful deck K. The tree house? Has to come down. I suggest what she really needs is a gazebo, forget the tree.

68bowtie 10-17-2022 09:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wtf?

Attachment 2225282

special-K 10-18-2022 08:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boog (Post 9133517)
That's a beautiful deck K. The tree house? Has to come down. I suggest what she really needs is a gazebo, forget the tree.

The place is secluded along a river. They wanted to watch the deer. I would have suggested building am elevated deck/tower. Funny thing is, they have deer fence, electric gate and all. But you could look down into the surrounding woods. No, they (meaning she) were solid on fixing this. I did many projects over time for this guy when he was single. She came along and it all changed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9135034)
Wtf?

I had to Google that one! $35.99?? WTF? (the other one)

I want one! :lol:

I took this picture last weekend. This very historic building is for sale in my mom's hometown (where she lives). Fred Fox built it to operate his planing mill originally. I knew it was a hardware store, then a furniture store added on, then took on selling tractors. I just read about it originally being a planing mill, which would mean he made all this in the pictures. He made a different siding I noticed on a few places around town.

This is the furniture store side