The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

el_bole 08-28-2011 11:04 PM

Re: Cutting up bed

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 4869924)
:chevy:
:devil:

Took the grinder AKA metal cutter to the rear of my custom bed to remove the caddy tail lights....

Harder than I expected but got one off at least....
Plans are to either put them on a reg. fleetside bed vertically(the way the should be IMO) or to put them on my SB step side bed.....fenders or right by tail gate IDK.....

Great work everyone,
el_bole:ito:

By The Way in the back ground is a '55 Olds Delta 88 (4 door)I just inherited this last week....Put a new seal in the tranny so I can cruise her :smoke:
Will probably be looking to sell it in the near future....Dad has owned since 1969, he paid a whopping $100 for it....:metal:

El_bole

kieth 08-29-2011 08:50 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Blood (Post 4868900)
Color, wheels, stance, nailed it!

thanks, its been a lot of hammering............:gmc2:

el_bole 08-29-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kieth (Post 4870362)
thanks, its been a lot of hammering............:gmc2:

This truck fixing up business is fun :bann:but man it's lot of work!!! LOL....

Think Im going to end up getting higher grade tools to do some of this stuff,

like a welder!!! :devil:

el_bole

wutnxt 08-29-2011 05:34 PM

Planted 3 new money tree's.......cracked a beer.....waiting for results to bloom...called the body shop told him...." prepare some room for the prostreet truck ".....isn't that enough for oneday ?

daverod 08-29-2011 07:01 PM

I need to move to some place so I can grow a money tree.;)

wutnxt 08-29-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 4871172)
I need to move to some place so I can grow a money tree.;)

=================================================
Dude i said i planted them.....I didn't say they grew......

daverod 08-29-2011 07:45 PM

They would have grown banana's anyways.:lol:

wutnxt 08-29-2011 07:48 PM

ya or cracker jacks.......lol

Blue Blood 08-29-2011 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled the stepside bed & sold it, now I have to figure out a underbed gas tank,while I scuff & paint everything, & do the rear brakes & shocks...waiting for my fleetside bed to get thru media,then the body shop.

smilts60 08-29-2011 09:28 PM

Attempted to pull the steering column decided it was to hot and watched tv insted.
Posted via Mobile Device

Senior_Chavo 08-30-2011 12:05 AM

dreamed and dreamed............

fryer1979 08-30-2011 02:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished my front bumper project today. Came out much nicer than I had hoped. Still a lot of imperfections in the metal from all of the cancer that was in it, but from 5 feet it looks awesome. :lol: The whole truck is going to be a rattle can job while I am doing all of the body work anyhow, so I am more than happy with it for now.

Attachment 793464

el_bole 08-30-2011 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice painting there!

Well decided to tear out my carpeting to see what surprises awaited me below but I was happily surprised that there's not tons of rot....Not bad for a '61!!!!!! Was trying to post driver's side floor but I can't I guess....

el_bole 08-30-2011 08:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Heres some additional pics of '61's floor...:tee:again I was very happy with the floor condition because I am doing this "build" on a budget....Thanks again Kieth for the motivation from your '66's build thread....

el_bole 08-30-2011 09:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Vernsky,

I was ripping up my carpet in my truck today and I decided to glance back and I check out some small plaques that the previous owner put on the back of inside wall of cab...there are mostly from events that took place in Standpoint Idaho. Wonder if they still host car shows there, you ever been?

Cheers :alky:
el_bole

el_bole 08-30-2011 09:12 PM

I meant Sandpoint, Idaho...mayb I should cut back :lol::barn::barn:

el_bole
P.S. Forgive me Vernsky but could you give me the name of those springs you put on your front end? How does it ride? PM name please....Gracias:ito:

awbrown 08-30-2011 10:00 PM

Well I could not leave well enough alone ... I had a running truck ... now I have a lot of work .. The other engine was a bit on the loose side , and a customer gave me an engine , so I figured since it had a/c and p/s on it it would be a good candidate ... only problem is I think since I made my own p/s hoses I may have wrenched the retun hose on the back of the pump , it looks like it is on the punky side .. this was suppose to be an easy swap , yeah right ...I got the p/s box mounted last sat. night and worked on it tonight til I found the cab has settled enough that I need to notch the firewall to lift the column up a bit so it is a straight shot for the box .. I will fix it right if I tear it appart this winter.... http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...owns/DPP_4.jpg

Vernski 08-31-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 4873170)
I meant Sandpoint, Idaho...mayb I should cut back :lol::barn::barn:

el_bole
P.S. Forgive me Vernsky but could you give me the name of those springs you put on your front end? How does it ride? PM name please....Gracias:ito:

Don't sweat it my typing skills are not the best either. PM sent on address, hey it rides the same as the stock springs just 3" lower. I was thinking some day when the money tree permits getting 2 1/2" dropped spindles[just thinking]more thing important right now...Vernski:gmc2:

Touchdown67 08-31-2011 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Went to the body shop and washed down the 65 C10 today to get a better look at the paint finish. That was about the only thing you can do in Phoenix when it's 111 degrees outside....

towersddg9 08-31-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown67 (Post 4875216)
Went to the body shop and washed down the 65 C10 today to get a better look at the paint finish. That was about the only thing you can do in Phoenix when it's 111 degrees outside....

I give your truck two thumbs up, way up.....

198plus 08-31-2011 10:35 PM

Put on a new Quick Fuel 750 Q on my Big Block today............

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...1/DSCN0391.jpg

towersddg9 08-31-2011 10:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Not exactly foose wheels, but work for me, got my 3 inch rings from classic today, had the wheels blasted and powder coated, will hang my rebuilt 12bolt Saturday, auburn posi 3:73 motive gear and axle's

Turkey 09-01-2011 02:10 PM

Took the whitewalls from the UPS guy and put them in the bed until I get time to head up to the tire shop.

pdxhall 09-01-2011 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got the rear section of my frame and rearend components painted in Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator today and will finish it off with their Extreme Chassis Black Satin tomorrow. I took a big jump for an old dude and instead of rattle cans which I used on the front suspension, and I have an old gravity gun that I haven't used for years, I thought I'd go "new school" and give HVLP a try. I went to Harbor Freight and bought one of their $40 HVLP guns (I figured it was good enough for the chassis) and did my first spraying with an HVLP. I love this thing.

iceship 09-01-2011 08:57 PM

I put some drop shocks on tonight
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...p/IMAG0322.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...p/IMAG0325.jpg