The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Project Vitamin C-10 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=248460)

Alan's Classic 01-17-2012 04:54 PM

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

I'll respond later, ;). Trying to post a pic from my phone using Photobucket

Let the fun begin
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/adf57979.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

greg65 01-17-2012 04:59 PM

Cool
racing stripes. lol

Palf70Step 01-17-2012 06:13 PM

Don't hate me Alan, but :agree: ;)

chad64chevy 01-17-2012 06:55 PM

alan, glad to see your getting some more progress done on your hood!! the rest of the truck is looking great!

Strodder 01-17-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5129291)
I'll respond later, ;). Trying to post a pic from my phone using Photobucket

Let the fun begin
http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/t...2/adf57979.jpg
Posted via Mobile Device

I must missed it somehow. But I didn't notice it was a GMC hood. That's a good thing. :metal:

Alan's Classic 01-18-2012 12:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5127588)
looks great, i cant make up my mind about the inner fenders and rad. support not sure if i want to go with body color or black.man you and 198 have this stuff down pat.:metal:

Thanks, painting the inner fenders will have to be your decision. We can tell you what we like, but you have to show it off. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57truckguy (Post 5128336)
Hello Alan,, LOL you respray more than I've ever sprayed... LOL:lol::lol:

:lol: If I were a professional painter I wouldn't have to respray so much. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg65 (Post 5129302)
Cool
racing stripes. lol

HAHA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 5129443)
Don't hate me Alan, but :agree: ;)

I'm not a hater Bill. ;) But there will be no racing strips. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by chad64chevy (Post 5129517)
alan, glad to see your getting some more progress done on your hood!! the rest of the truck is looking great!

Thanks man!! It's my last big panel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5129963)
I must missed it somehow. But I didn't notice it was a GMC hood. That's a good thing. :metal:

I really like the lines of the GMC, what have you been doing over there sleeping? :haha:

Today I got the grill mounted with new Silver Star headlights. I also was able to hang the inner fenders and radiator support. Looks much better.

C@rnut001 01-18-2012 01:36 AM

That is looking so good, Alan. Thanks for updating and sharing your progress again. I am totally loving your truck.

Strodder 01-18-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan's Classic (Post 5130418)
[COLOR="Blue"]

I really like the lines of the GMC, what have you been doing over there sleeping? :haha:

I'm old remember. :waah::haha:

65Custom 01-19-2012 10:05 AM

yep it is coming along nicely, looking good, cant wait to see it all together and the hood looks like it is coming along nicely too

flips72 01-19-2012 10:52 PM

i might should re-think my decision to go with black inner fenders and rad. support, that looks great.

66ChevyMax 01-19-2012 11:35 PM

Truck looks awesome Alan. There was a truck at Barrett-Jackson that was very close in color to yours. Announcers kept talking about how the crowd was all over it!

198plus 01-19-2012 11:54 PM

Truck is looking awesome, slow down so I can catch up with you ;)

Alan's Classic 01-20-2012 12:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by C@rnut001 (Post 5130491)
That is looking so good, Alan. Thanks for updating and sharing your progress again. I am totally loving your truck.

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5130807)
I'm old remember. :waah::haha:

Your not to far ahead of me, and I don't feel old. My body (joints) makes a lot more noise. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65Custom (Post 5132669)
yep it is coming along nicely, looking good, cant wait to see it all together and the hood looks like it is coming along nicely too

Thanks, and the hood seems to be going my way right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flips72 (Post 5133972)
i might should re-think my decision to go with black inner fenders and rad. support, that looks great.

:thumbs: sounds like a plan. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 66ChevyMax (Post 5134093)
Truck looks awesome Alan. There was a truck at Barrett-Jackson that was very close in color to yours. Announcers kept talking about how the crowd was all over it!

Thanks for the heads up. I don't get Barrett-Jackson on my basic cable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 198plus (Post 5134141)
Truck is looking awesome, slow down so I can catch up with you ;)

I'm on the home stretch now, it's time to get it on the road. It might not be done but it will be running and driving.

I called an appraiser to come look at it and appraise it. He should be out next week. I'm definately getting full coverage.

Picked up an Optima battery today and installed it and the cables almost. I did touch the cables to the battery and there was no spark. Which is a good thing. I hit the brakes and they worked (switch needs adjusting) and turned the parking lights on and they worked. The gauge lights came on including the Vintage Air control panel. The dome light doesn't work, I believe it is the switch. I just remembered the ground for the dome light might not be hooked up. I say that because when I adjust the brightness of the gauges they were intermitten. Not sure what the problem is, it's late and time to quit for the night.

57truckguy 01-20-2012 02:03 AM

Oh I remember how excited I was when mine was at that stage, did some allnighters trying to get it going... LLOL

VA72C10 01-20-2012 03:06 AM

Looking great!!!

4dranch 01-20-2012 10:07 AM

I think I can say, we are all excited for you Alan,
Great job

Strodder 01-20-2012 11:36 AM

After installing, and making everything work is the hardest part sometimes. :uhmk::lol:
I'm excited for you "old man". :haha:

sdailey 01-20-2012 11:56 AM

It's just a matter of time now.;) Looking good old friend.

I can see it now.... :burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout: ...all over the place. :lol:

daverod 01-20-2012 03:16 PM

And then I turned the key.

pdxhall 01-20-2012 09:44 PM

Hey Alan, the trucks looking great. I read your entire thread a while back but I don't remember. Did you build your own radiator support? I've been working on mine but just patching the bottom mounts where they all rust out and have found there is 3 layers of sheet metal at that junction. What did you use when building or modifying yours?

Alan's Classic 01-20-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 57truckguy (Post 5134313)
Oh I remember how excited I was when mine was at that stage, did some allnighters trying to get it going... LLOL

I've thought several times about an all nighter, but it never happens. I need my beauty sleep. It doesn't help, but I keep trying. :haha:

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA72C10 (Post 5134353)
Looking great!!!

:thumbs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4dranch (Post 5134538)
I think I can say, we are all excited for you Alan,
Great job

Thanks David, I have a lot of anticipation of turning the key. Kind of scary. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strodder (Post 5134680)
After installing, and making everything work is the hardest part sometimes. :uhmk::lol:
I'm excited for you "old man". :haha:

Old man,,,,,,HAHA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdailey (Post 5134715)
It's just a matter of time now.;) Looking good old friend.

I can see it now.... :burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout: ...all over the place. :lol:

What's all this talk about "old". Dennis says "Old man" and you say "Old friend". J/K it's all good. BTW thanks. Remember, I have a list with your name on it. No it's not that kind of list. :haha: It's an actual list of things I need help with. I might call this week end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daverod (Post 5135012)
And then I turned the key.

Then what happened? That's ok don't ruin in for me. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 5135662)
Hey Alan, the trucks looking great. I read your entire thread a while back but I don't remember. Did you build your own radiator support? I've been working on mine but just patching the bottom mounts where they all rust out and have found there is 3 layers of sheet metal at that junction. What did you use when building or modifying yours?

I bought a repop that was a triplus. BTW thanks.

Alan's Classic 01-22-2012 01:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks to Shannon for coming over and helping on bleeding the brakes, hooking up the hood springs and tightening the cab bolts. I also worked on cleaning up the wires at the headlight relays.

I do have a question. If you have the flashers on and step on the brakes do the turn signal indicators on the dash light up steady. It's been so long since I drove a 60's truck or car I can't remember. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to do that since the flasher and brake lights are the same bulb.

The head lights are not connected or the front turn signals aren't either, but I don't think this will have any bearing on the problems I see. I actually think the battery is low. I will charge tomorrow and recheck.

Tonight when I hooked up the battery the flashers started working. I discovered the switch was on: however, they quit flashing after 6-7 flashes (flasher switch on). The highbeam indicator was on and I used the floor switch to turn it off, but it didn't work. Just now I went out and hooked up the battery again and now it is off. I'm hoping a low charge on the battery will explain some of this.

VA72C10 01-22-2012 02:06 AM

Not sure on the ???'s but sounds like it might be a low battery issue....

Truck is looking great...better get it together so you can get an appraisal while the Barrett Jackson comp's are still fresh ;)

57truckguy 01-22-2012 04:02 AM

Yes, IF you have the 4way flashers on and hit the brake they will stop flashing, at least they do on mine and I have any upgraded wiring kit from EZ Wire..

duallyjams 01-22-2012 09:05 AM

The flasher do the same thing on my 2000 chevy work truck ( 3500 HD bucket truck )