The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Random Photos ‘You took’ (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794025)

mr.mud1 10-29-2022 08:54 AM

Re: Random Photos ‘You took’

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9138499)
So you know what I mean. I learned no so long ago that coal and iron was a big part of Nova Scotia history.

How about this place I know nothing about. The soil and rock are red in this area which is where Francis Scott Key's estate , Terra Ruba, is located The house is the same stonework. This building is a corn crib. Just the ends are stone. The rest is framed with vertical wood slats.

so cool.thanks for sharing.my Dad left here when was about 16,went to Toronto cause if you stayed here,your future was going to be underground.he couldn't wait to get away but later in life,he couldn't wait to get back home.this is a Unesco World Heritage site now.there's rock hounds here all the time from all over the world studying 300 million year old fossils found on the beach and in the cliffs and the Joggin Fossil Center is built on the site of Old # 7 Coal Mine.pretty neat.the first commercial coal mine was started here in 1731.the Joggins Railway,all 12 miles of it went by the bottom of where we live now,back and forth from all the mines to the wharf to ship coal all over the place and to England.Sydney steel was started in Sydney,Nova Scotia in 1901 and there is a Museum of Industry in New Glasgow,Nova Scotia.very interesting.there was a Volvo plant in Halifax for years starting in the 60's and the first one produced is in that museum along with a 1900 something MacKay car,built in Amherst,Nova Scotia,apperantly the only one or one of very few,i just forget,to ever be found?all fascinating stuff if that's what turns you on.it does me.take care.

special-K 10-29-2022 09:21 AM

I hope to visit there some day. Nature and history are way up on my favorites list

72c20customcamper 10-31-2022 07:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I’m in trouble with this one . Wants to get in and drive every one of my cars and trucks

HO455 10-31-2022 07:35 PM

Sounds like the good kind of trouble.

Boog 10-31-2022 07:59 PM

"baby driver" ? ;)

3757chevy 10-31-2022 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper (Post 9139470)
I’m in trouble with this one . Wants to get in and drive every one of my cars and trucks

I know what you mean.

davischevy 10-31-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.mud1 (Post 9138519)
so cool.thanks for sharing.my Dad left here when was about 16,went to Toronto cause if you stayed here,your future was going to be underground.he couldn't wait to get away but later in life,he couldn't wait to get back home.this is a Unesco World Heritage site now.there's rock hounds here all the time from all over the world studying 300 million year old fossils found on the beach and in the cliffs and the Joggin Fossil Center is built on the site of Old # 7 Coal Mine.pretty neat.the first commercial coal mine was started here in 1731.the Joggins Railway,all 12 miles of it went by the bottom of where we live now,back and forth from all the mines to the wharf to ship coal all over the place and to England.Sydney steel was started in Sydney,Nova Scotia in 1901 and there is a Museum of Industry in New Glasgow,Nova Scotia.very interesting.there was a Volvo plant in Halifax for years starting in the 60's and the first one produced is in that museum along with a 1900 something MacKay car,built in Amherst,Nova Scotia,apperantly the only one or one of very few,i just forget,to ever be found?all fascinating stuff if that's what turns you on.it does me.take care.

It's interesting how some things are there in plain sight and you don't notice. I had never put any thought into Nova Scotia until I read this. Now I am intrigued.

mr.mud1 10-31-2022 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 9139535)
It's interesting how some things are there in plain sight and you don't notice. I had never put any thought into Nova Scotia until I read this. Now I am intrigued.

hi Larry.there's things to intrigued about everywhere,i think at last count,i've been in 27 U.S states.interesting stuff everywhere and great people.come see us sometime.we'd be happy to show you around.take care.Greg

special-K 11-02-2022 08:31 AM

I never thought about the Appalachian Mountains being past Maine. Recently I was looking at a geological map and I realized a little bit of western Nova Scotia is part of the mountain range.

The British Colonies were as much, or more, about tapping natural resources as about establishing settlements.

mr.mud1 11-02-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9139936)
I never thought about the Appalachian Mountains being past Maine. Recently I was looking at a geological map and I realized a little bit of western Nova Scotia is part of the mountain range.

The British Colonies were as much, or more, about tapping natural resources as about establishing settlements.

yes sir,it's all connected.i know my grandfather worked underground in the coal mines,sometimes right out under the ocean with water dripping on them all day.i can't imagine but he told me this whole area is the same coal that runs through Pennsylvannia,West Virginia.all connected.amazing stuff.

special-K 11-03-2022 06:57 AM

I wish I could get in to take pictures. In a town west of here they have a spring that flows an amazing amount of water. It supplies the whole town as well as a couple others. The site is all sealed off since 9/11. My friend works for the town water works. That spring is from an aquifer under Canada!

mr.mud1 11-03-2022 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 9140318)
I wish I could get in to take pictures. In a town west of here they have a spring that flows an amazing amount of water. It supplies the whole town as well as a couple others. The site is all sealed off since 9/11. My friend works for the town water works. That spring is from an aquifer under Canada!

it is amazing stuff.

Ken O. 11-03-2022 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture of my new shop that is almost done. Been working on this all summer. 36 x 42

LockDoc 11-03-2022 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken O. (Post 9140371)
Picture of my new shop that is almost done. Been working on this all summer. 36 x 42

Looks good!

Mine is 30 x 40 and if you are anything like me it won't be big enough.... :lol:

LockDoc

special-K 11-04-2022 07:27 AM

All steel, ey? Is this a building package? Looking good

72c20customcamper 11-04-2022 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My wife sent this she is at a friends house in Florida

Stocker 11-04-2022 10:25 PM

I didn't know Picasso made lamps.....

68bowtie 11-04-2022 11:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 2228418

Thealien 11-05-2022 07:28 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/ryCYJr3N/IMG_20..._145155375.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/2ywc8shK/IMG_20...205288_HDR.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/pXWc1dtb/IMG_20..._143848608.jpg

best view 11-05-2022 09:22 PM

Mark howed u drive both of them down there

Thealien 11-05-2022 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by best view (Post 9141172)
Mark howed u drive both of them down there

I stopped to get a picture of the Blazer in front of the Mayflower II. While I was there I ended up in a conversation with a couple of guys that were admiring my truck. One of them told me he was there in his Callaway Corvette. I showed him the picture I had taken a little while ago of it.

It can be interesting how small the world can seem sometimes.

special-K 11-08-2022 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
old hydrant

mr.mud1 11-08-2022 09:48 AM

that is an old timer for sure

LockDoc 11-08-2022 12:27 PM

-
I wonder how long it has been since it has been tested. Supposed to be tested yearly. I don't know if that is close to you or just a random picture, but I would be trimming the weeds from around it if it was close.... Even painted yellow or red they can be hard to see when you are in a hurry.

LockDoc

Steeveedee 11-08-2022 12:45 PM

I don't know about elsewhere, but here the cities have blue reflective markers planted in the middle (or sometimes the sides) of the streets, where the hydrants are. Given a large city, the firefighters can't be expected to go and memorize the locations like they used to.