The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

Clyde65 09-10-2011 10:33 AM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

All I did was drive the truck, all week since it has cooled off considerably this last week or so, 85-90 afternoons and 57-63 mornings, weird that when I take the truck to work in this weather, it takes me twice as long to get there...hmmmm

ChrisDollins 09-10-2011 04:49 PM

Drove the truck to breakfast with the car guys, then dropped it off at the body shop! Ready to see it shiny again!

Chris

niterider65 09-10-2011 08:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
some pics from friday nite and saturday im not done yet looking for torq sprcs on the wheel bearing on the rotor :jdp::ack::dohh::burnout:

chemlab 09-10-2011 08:21 PM

rolled mine out and hosed it off :D

http://members.cox.net/j.roe/Photo%2...D5-1666970.jpg
http://members.cox.net/j.roe/Photo%2...36-1379307.jpg
http://members.cox.net/j.roe/Photo%2...IMAG0141-1.jpg

Turkey 09-10-2011 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
finally got all the trim holes slicked off. More primer tomorrow. Drove it around a little and got a pic.

Attachment 799088

niterider65 09-11-2011 01:09 AM

5 Attachment(s)
:just a few more dics are on . now i have to run a spacer on the frony to keep
the wheel from rubbing the caliper great sounds like new wheels..:cuss: finished the steering link just need to get the power steering box and brackets and stuff..:jdp:

steverino66 09-12-2011 02:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
sanded the cab interior… sanded some more (note non-OSHA-approved platform for sanding ceiling)

chad64chevy 09-12-2011 02:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well saturday i repaired my driver fender, and today i started on the passenger fender

chad64chevy 09-12-2011 02:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
a few more pictures

el_bole 09-12-2011 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice body work!!!

Well my task this week included less finesse than body work LOL...

Used a hand grinder to cut transmission cross member from my '61, helped tons in getting the motor out :lol:....Needed the rm any way to put my 350 tranny in :metal:, oh yeah and of course I removed a the clip to do all this detail work :lol:

el_bole

chad64chevy 09-12-2011 04:02 PM

thanks el bole, i was shocked myself that i didnt screw it up!!

pdxhall 09-13-2011 01:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I finished up my rear suspension today except for the track bar which is on it's way. I still have to order and install a new center crossmember to raise the trailing arms but at least it's back on 4 wheels for now. Brakes are probably next. I pushed it out of the garage and washed it up a bit before starting the next phase. Here are a few pics. I also borrowed member Frizzle Fry's idea for relocating the rear shocks. It worked out great. Thanks Friz for the idea.

LostMy65 09-13-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 4896857)
I finished up my rear suspension today except for the track bar which is on it's way. I still have to order and install a new center crossmember to raise the trailing arms but at least it's back on 4 wheels for now. Brakes are probably next. I pushed it out of the garage and washed it up a bit before starting the next phase. Here are a few pics. I also borrowed member Frizzle Fry's idea for relocating the rear shocks. It worked out great. Thanks Friz for the idea.

Your truck is really looking nice.
The cab appears to be in nice shape.

pdxhall 09-13-2011 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 4896864)
Your truck is really looking nice.
The cab appears to be in nice shape.

Yeah I got pretty lucky on this truck. Minimal rust in the front corners of the floors and that's about it except for the passenger side vent assembly or whatever it's called. It's the outer part that the bottoms all pick up crud and then rust out except mine is also rusted at the top. I need a whole new one when I get to the point of rust repair. If you remember I asked obout that parts cab you picked up. But I"m a ways off from needing one, but it's on the list. I kinda grab stuff as I go when I find a great price.

losthope 09-13-2011 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_bole (Post 4895659)
Nice body work!!!

Well my task this week included less finesse than body work LOL...

Used a hand grinder to cut transmission cross member from my '61, helped tons in getting the motor out :lol:....Needed the rm any way to put my 350 tranny in :metal:, oh yeah and of course I removed a the clip to do all this detail work :lol:

el_bole

im interested in the geen fender and headlight in the bottom right corner of the last picture,any pics??

Frizzle Fry 09-13-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdxhall (Post 4896857)

Looks better than mine :o You're gonna love the high speed stability that mod adds. Nice work!
Posted via Mobile Device

wutnxt 09-13-2011 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Cage done...............check
Seats mounted.........check

Slowly making progress.....

LostMy65 09-13-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steverino66 (Post 4895582)
sanded the cab interior… sanded some more (note non-OSHA-approved platform for sanding ceiling)

I will be sanding my ceiling while I have the cab rolled over on its back.

steverino66 09-13-2011 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 4897621)
I will be sanding my ceiling while I have the cab rolled over on its back.

Yeah, I had the cab on its back earlier and, despite being VERY careful, managed to slightly damage the sheetmetal on those tricky edge ridges; also kept feeling like I might put a foot through the back window stumbling around in there!
That being said, I recently realized I STILL have to rotate it back in order to paint with the gravity-fed HVLP sprayer. I think I'll try suspending the cab next time.

el_bole 09-13-2011 06:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by losthope (Post 4896896)
im interested in the geen fender and headlight in the bottom right corner of the last picture,any pics??

Losthope,

Thats funny u r interested in the fender and headlight! I just officially inherited that car that the fender is attached to LOL...It was my Dad's '55 Olds, Delta 88 to be more specific....Asking $6,000,If I had the resources I'd rat rod it out and put some bags on it but thats what I got my 61' for Right:smoke:?. Here's a couple pics...

losthope 09-13-2011 06:32 PM

looks nice !! its a four door id leave it the way it is besides lowering it and drive the wheels off it, thanks for the pics love them olds!!!!!

Slow Build 09-13-2011 06:43 PM

I replaced my stock steering wheel with a Chevy Lumina wheel that I got at the junkyard for $20. It's much more comfortable for me and doesn't look too out of place. I can't really see the speedo that well because it's a smaller diameter and thicker grip but that's no big deal. Right?

Slow Build 09-13-2011 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the picture.

Rich 5150 69 09-13-2011 08:45 PM

I`m sorry guys, I just hate to have my down to do anything I like driving it to much, lord knows it needs a lot of work....

glendale 09-13-2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losthope (Post 4897859)
looks nice !! its a four door id leave it the way it is besides lowering it and drive the wheels off it, thanks for the pics love them olds!!!!!

i would just swap the body to a two door body how hard could that be?:metal: