The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What did you do to your truck today? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=368988)

oldtrux 09-19-2011 06:00 PM

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 64shortbox (Post 4905488)
Forgot to add pics of our truck as it is now. As stated it looks good from 20' but it has rust in the lower corners of the doors and the front of the inner fenders where they meet the radiator support. I did buy the truck knowing all of this but out here in the central valley it's relatively easy to still find rust free parts at a reasonable price if you have the time to wait it out.
Now it's time to sit back and enjoy a Frosty Margarita. This karen Carpenter diet is killing me though.

wow,sharp lookin truck!i really like the color,looks good with the lid too!are those ralleye wheels,hard to tell from the angle.cheers ...dan.also nothin personal,but dude,you gotta slow down on the margarittas...your lookin a little rough:haha:

Vernski 09-19-2011 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by A.T. RockDriller (Post 4907590)
That's a great photo....
What's the name of the lake...? Beautiful place to " end up " for the afternoon....with good folks, from what I'm seein'.

Frank's lookin pretty darn fine. Sounds like a great paint scheme.

Yeah A.T. it's called Twin Lakes there is a upper & lower lake we were on the lower lake it's about 6 mi. north of us at Rathdrum. It's a beautiful place in north Idaho here is one more pic of the lake from Betty's deck...Vernski:mm:

StepAside 09-20-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samuellg1977 (Post 4905670)
Wow. Now, that is the MONEY SHOT!! I wish I could go into a motor and live to tell the tale! I have a 350 that needs new valve guides, I already know if I take it apart, it is sure to never run again.:lol: I am not a mechanic, I am a parts replacer!!

Hey bro...I am just now learning...My 2nd day on the job! My buddy is a genius at this stuff and is teaching me along the way....Im having fun and learning at the same time...Good times bro...good times!

fryer1979 09-20-2011 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pulled the rear end out of my parts truck and got a little jump on cleaning her up. I've still got a ways to go before it's all ready to paint and assemble, but I got a decent start.

Attachment 803114

Scot_Douglas 09-20-2011 09:45 AM

I drove it to work!

If the old sheetmetal didn't rattle so much, the wind noise wasn't so terrible, the HVAC system so bad, the windshield wipers so squeaky or quieter in the cab...

...you'd swear you were driving a new truck.

:lol:

Leadfoot Lambert 09-20-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scot_Douglas (Post 4909138)
I drove it to work

Congrats on the first drive! But I'm a little pissed that you beat me on that first drive out of the yard, I figure you got me by a week or two :lol:

Rich 5150 69 09-20-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

I drove it to work!

If the old sheetmetal didn't rattle so much, the wind noise wasn't so terrible, the HVAC system so bad, the windshield wipers so squeaky or quieter in the cab...

Cool another happy old truck owner...:lol:

Kerlijah 09-21-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

I drove it to work!

That's the best part!! Gotta love drivin a tin can ;)

63sbssbbw 09-21-2011 07:51 AM

FINALLY found a 5 lug rear from a '71,no nasty noises or anything.
Haven't dug into it yet,but as far as i can tell it needs a pinion seal...so far
And low and behold ...from my local wrecker>
I thought 250 was pretty good price for a yard that charges half of new price on EVERYTHING.
Unfortunately he also has a '66 with front fenders to die for.
This will put my "Pawn Star" skills to the test!!? LOL
T

kieth 09-21-2011 09:06 AM

that rear end is wider than the one on your 63 I think 3/4" per side......maybe 1.5" per side. Kieth

Clyde65 09-21-2011 09:37 AM

it's 1.5" wider, 3/4 each side, I have one under my truck and havent had any clearance issues....yet.

63sbssbbw 09-21-2011 12:32 PM

yes,3/4 per side.
I'm after the 5 lug pattern to match my '75 fronts.
LOL now I've got 6-lug rallies too,so I can still go either way with it.
It would just be nicer to only carry 1 spare instead of two
T

Clyde65 09-21-2011 02:31 PM

I would like to find 2 6lug ralleys close to me, I have a trailer I am putting together. it will be my short bed truck pulling my short bed fleet trailer. I also have a long bed fleet trailer, so maybe short pulling short pulling long....

doublebeetx 09-21-2011 06:49 PM

Clyde65 I have a set of 8 inch Rally with trim rings and caps, 6 hole. I will be changing over to 5 lug soon and found a set of 7 inchers to replace with. Send me a pm and maybe we can make a deal

smilts60 09-21-2011 08:40 PM

I finaly finished stripping the cab down. And got about half way done cutting the front windshield out.

Chvyman1975 09-21-2011 09:16 PM

Well put the grill and front bumper on to see what it looks like.
Posted via Mobile Device

SRVBLUES64 09-21-2011 09:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I put the body back together just to see the stance and to clean up the garage before it starts getting cold and to make more room in the winter to work out there.

daverod 09-21-2011 10:31 PM

Looks like old gray face is ready for a ride.;)

SRVBLUES64 09-21-2011 10:41 PM

he's been waiting were getting close, need wiring, and a few things I told him he goes with me before anybody goes

daverod 09-21-2011 11:01 PM

I like the engine it looks sweet.:metal:

overtimeracing 09-22-2011 05:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just this:

overtimeracing 09-22-2011 05:18 PM

Hey Guys... Ill start a build thread, which I should have started before this, in the projects section. Thx...OTR

chevy_man5 09-22-2011 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I stole mine back (LEGALLY)!!!

For more info see my thread below, so I don't double post.

Woogeroo 09-22-2011 05:36 PM

went to leave work in the dark this morning... and 'poof' dash lights went out... dome light too...

hrmmn... headlights are on, so I go home.

I get home and check it out... no tail lights.

hmnn... I've played this game before!!!

o reilly parts actually had a switch on the shelf( I was shocked)... but, after installing it... not the prollem...

found about 2 or 3 other potential issues with ratty wiring... but working still...

then I checked something that had been broke before... that I'd fixed, years ago...

pulled the fuse panel off the firewall and sure enough... melty action... my fix had been fried!

$%!@%^%#&$^@!!!!!

I really need a new harness... blah.

old trucks are fun... old trucks are fun... old trucks are fun...

Woog takes a deep breath and chants:

"ooooohhmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnn"

so, when we buy a new harness... is it bumper to bumper, from headlights to tail lights... engine harness... under dash harness... everything?

I thought ya'll might chuckle at my predicament...

-W

1Bad62Pro/Street 09-22-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vernski (Post 4906494)
Still haven't found someone to paint "ole Frank so we have been driving the wheels off em. and we ended up at Bettie's cabin at the lake for bar-b-que and beer, nice day but it is coolin off this time of year. Couple of pic's of Frank and Judy & me...Vernski:burnout:

You gonna paint her yellow? ;-)
Vernski, you look like one my dads friends called Santa Clause.
He has a lot of toyz he brings to the crusins/car shows one of them is a 40 something Anglia Pro/Street. ;-)
Posted via Mobile Device