The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My Facetruck thread. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=752660)

Ol Blue K20 02-04-2018 07:54 PM

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8177960)
The average human walks 900 miles per year, and drinks 22 gallons of beer.

That's 41 miles per gallon.

Not bad people.

I need to join AA.....I only get 10 mpg......lol

flashed 02-04-2018 08:03 PM

Back in the days of drinking for me my choice was Crown Royal with Sprite ,it was quite expensive stuff .

special-K 02-05-2018 12:30 AM

Wild Turkey is mine when budget is not of concern. Hmmm... when wuzzat? :cool:

Ol Blue K20 02-05-2018 09:49 AM

When I drink hard alcohol, I have always preferred sour mash whiskey. Jack Daniels is my favorite.

harpo231 02-05-2018 11:49 AM

Jeremiah Weed !!:chevy:

Ol Blue K20 02-05-2018 12:20 PM

:ito:
Quote:

Originally Posted by harpo231 (Post 8178792)
Jeremiah Weed !!:chevy:

I've had more than my fair share of that.....thank god I haven't seen that in a long time!

Dustmaker65 02-05-2018 01:20 PM

LMAO...just read thru most of these pages(kinda bored at work). You guys crack me up.

Glad everyone is keeping to their diets! Just to brag a little bit though....I lost over 120 pounds THREE times in my life! And I don't think I have ever weighed over 190 pounds!

Oh, I had home made Belgium Waffle with natural Maple syrup.

special-K 02-05-2018 08:32 PM

Three divorces, ey?

davischevy 02-06-2018 12:19 AM

A woman who had been married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.
"Of course, madam,"* replied the sales clerk,* "exactly what type and color dress are you looking for?"
The bride-to-be said,* "A long frilly white dress with a veil."
"Please don't take this the wrong way, madam, but such dresses are usually more fitting for the first time bride who is more innocent in the ways of life, if you get my meaning."
"WELL!,"** replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's directness,* "I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate.*** Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride.
You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our honeymoon hotel.
My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon hotel that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again."
"What about your third husband?"
"That one was a politician",* said the woman,* "and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened."

Killer Bee 02-06-2018 02:10 AM

^ good one! :lol:

nothing exciting to eat today, just leftover superbowl munchies :rolleyes:

but I was a busy bee today.. shagged up to Ojai this afternoon and fetched my new Burb :metal:

2 hours up and 2.5 back to OC from Ojai just after evening rush..

sitting for a few years but drove on and off the trailer :)

doggone left airbag wouldn't hold air but rode well all the way home :smoke:

cell phone perspective is hilarious ;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/82jvcx19w15...49516.jpg?dl=0

that's a little better except for the saggy butt :(

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/iz5z7f91unc...49239.jpg?dl=0

and earlier today, pulled the 65 out from the front of my trailer behind the house and the brake pedal went to the floor as I was going through the gate!! :censored: :dohh:

handbrake and manual shifted back inside and hugged up to the wall, deal with that one later..

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tbcrac1ov3r...20750.jpg?dl=0

enjoying an ice cold Pacifico now and just in time for bedtime ;)

FleetsidePaul 02-06-2018 04:31 AM

Finally got moved after 3 weeks of packing/moving hell. I took the day off Sunday and had friends over for Superbowl. My garage is packed full of boxes. Now I get to unpack. :whine:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/gallery/...ium/house1.jpg

Woodyboat 02-06-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8106687)
...and jalapeno pizza. Now I'm just enjoying the fire.

Yeah, the one in the fireplace. The OTHER one you can enjoy tomorrow. LOL

At 86, my father just had to be rushed to the hospital for an emergency appendectomy. After surgery, it turned out that he couldn't pee pee right so the doctor decided he needed to have a catheter inserted. Four nurses later and still no catheter because my dad still has his foreskin and of course, an 86 year old willy basically is turned inside out. Finally, the doctor himself had to insert the catheter.

I asked the doctor why ... when he already had my dad under anesthesia and under the knife, he didn't just circumcise him too? ROTFLMTO!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8179446)
... My garage is packed full of boxes. Now I get to unpack. :whine:

OMG! I feel your pain! I HATE UNPACKING!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashed (Post 8178211)
I was never a fan of Jack Daniels .

May I have yours then?

flashed 02-06-2018 07:52 AM

Woodyboat , remind me not to let you talk to my Dr while Im under anesthesia as I would like to keep my foreskin .

special-K 02-06-2018 07:56 AM

Why unpack? Just dig stuff out as you need it. And the things you never end up needing will stay in the boxes to be taken to the thrift shop. Win Win

Dustmaker65 02-06-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8179158)
Three divorces, ey?

Actually one didn't last long enough to even get divorce, about six months.

Nice Burb Killer!

special-K 02-06-2018 09:56 AM

WOW! Lost 120# in six months! You need to market your technique :cool:

Dustmaker65 02-06-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8179537)
WOW! Lost 120# in six months! You need to market your technique :cool:

I seem to have said "technique" down to a science :devil:

davischevy 02-06-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8179582)
I seem to have said "technique" down to a science :devil:

About ten years ago a couple of friends and I took a little tour.

First we sent to Nashville to the Goodguys Show, then on to Pigeon Forge, then north west to Bowling Green, across the corner of Indiana, into Illinois and spent the night somewhere around Marquette Heights.

I was driving my red and white 72, and when I pulled into the motel portico, I hit the brakes, and it sounded like a big rock dropped in the back.

I couldn't figure out what it was, until the next morning. I started down the street and I could hear loose parts in the left rear.

We found a really old Car Quest store. Next door was a concrete floor where a building once was We repaired the brakes in that abandoned lot and headed on to Des Moines.

That was my time in Marquette Heights.

Did you need to know that, no, but now you do.

Oh yeah, I left there with the same wife I brought with me.

Dustmaker65 02-07-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8180203)

That is a good thing around here :metal:

Hmm, I just bought an old Car Quest building in Pekin. Wonder if that is the same one you went to?

special-K 02-07-2018 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8180203)
About ten years ago a couple of friends and I took a little tour...

Did you need to know that, no, but now you do.

No, I didn't need to know. But this is Facetruck... and I'm writing your book! Now there is a new idea. Hmmm... Truckbook. Has a nice ring to it and it would be a place to all you truckheads to tell you meaningless stories like I do!

Now, I have a question. You say you took a little tour with a couple (that's 2) friends. I'm just curious who's wife you had since she was a "friend". Was it two but only one was married? You are a naughty boy!

davischevy 02-07-2018 12:21 PM

I guess I should have learned from my smarta$$ remark about the lack of specified gender in your "Worst Four Words" thread to be more specific in my ramblings.

I can tell you now, if I traveled with an alternate wife, my toy collection would shrink, no, it would go away.

davischevy 02-07-2018 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8180384)
That is a good thing around here :metal:

Hmm, I just bought an old Car Quest building in Pekin. Wonder if that is the same one you went to?

What's the address. I would recognize it on Street View?

Dustmaker65 02-07-2018 12:56 PM

http://images2.loopnet.com/i2/EedTh2.../112/image.jpg

428 Caroline St.

davischevy 02-07-2018 03:07 PM

That could very well be it.

As I remember it the store had a dropped ceiling that seemed really low.

Dustmaker65 02-07-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8180684)
That could very well be it.

As I remember it the store had a dropped ceiling that seemed really low.

Not this one...

http://images1.loopnet.com/i2/RCfvO0.../112/image.jpg

davischevy 02-07-2018 04:10 PM

Uh oh, that's not the store.

Killer Bee 02-07-2018 04:25 PM

^ cool building! what are your plans, business or personal use?

I remember the local car quest in the closest small town to the farm, 9 miles..

family owned and operated 3 generations until freeway off ramp expansion forced them out :(

first time I static timed an olds 350 at 16yo was by phone instructions from them.. really miss that way of life..

nothing but a single 4 way stop in the center of town back then.. now traffic signals, walmart, etc. crapped it up :(

they overhauled Dad's IH 706 and he took me in there a few times to check it out.. ended up making a prosperous career of it ;)

it was his favorite tractor.. and even though it was open station, he preferred it over the enclosed cab 886 ;)

neat story about that tractor; 'how coffee saved my life'
when I was a young teen, just starting to drink coffee and learning the benefits of caffeine, I had a couple of cups with Dad before going out to feed cattle.. I hopped on the fender of the 706 and off we went.. we used a 3 point fork attachment to move the bales and I opened/ closed gates, set the feed rings, etc.. well after a few trips, my tummy was getting queezy and I asked to get off at the house.. next trip down the driveway, about where the he's at in the picture grading snow, he had a feed ring standing up on the back and it pitched forward on a bump.. cleaned the paint to bare metal on the edge of the fender, ripped the amber light off, and broke his wrist before he got his arms down.. had I been riding on that fender, either the ring would have killed me or pushed me off in front of the rear tire that would have killed me.. he was damn lucky it missed his noggin.. true story.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ieg78craxuo...2902a.jpg?dl=0

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ktzrujzl0zl...0008a.jpg?dl=0

davischevy 02-07-2018 10:16 PM

I'm interested in the use of the CQ building too.

Another tractor story.

When I was about 7 or 8 my dad was plowing with an big ole M&M tractor pulling about a 12 ft plow.

The tractor had an enclosure for bush hogging and I was standing behind the seat on top of the third arm holding on to the top of the enclosure.

He decided to take a short cut across a small hollow. He lifted the plow and headed down hill. The grass was wet and the tractor gained speed all the way down.

When we got to the bottom there was a small wash that rocked the tractor violently.

I lost my footing and was dangling by my hands from the top of that enclosure.

If I had lost my hold, I wouldn't have been much of a match for that plow.

Boog 02-07-2018 10:27 PM

Whew! Thank God I'm a city boy.
And I ain't ashamed about it. ;)

special-K 02-07-2018 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8180544)
I guess I should have learned from my smarta$$ remark about the lack of specified gender in your "Worst Four Words" thread to be more specific in my ramblings.

I can tell you now, if I traveled with an alternate wife, my toy collection would shrink, no, it would go away.

Yawn. How boring? :lol: I already forgot about that gender comment. All in good fun..........................................................RIGHT??? :sexy:

Dustmaker65 02-08-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killer Bee (Post 8180747)
^ cool building! what are your plans, business or personal use?

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8181058)
I'm interested in the use of the CQ building too.

Right now I have no plan. I bought it "in case" the building that I am remodeling sells. I need somewhere to keep all of my treasures ;)

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net...6f&oe=5B1E47C9

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net...b4&oe=5B1C4B2F

This what it looks like today.

I have a picture of it from the mid 50's. It was built in the early 30's. I will see if I can find the pic...

https://scontent-dft4-3.xx.fbcdn.net...09&oe=5B0DA2A5

Chevyland 02-08-2018 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both very cool shop buildings indeed! Dustmaker

I sure wish I could find something like that in California
But it’s a bit out of my price range
When our local Ford dealer went out of business in the recession
Staples moved in

In Arizona it’s much more affordable
For all the years coming down here to see my grandparents and Dad
I loved this property
Around the time we bought our place down here
The property sold. It was a pocket listing
So I had no chance at it

special-K 02-08-2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustmaker65 (Post 8181337)
Right now I have no plan. I bought it "in case" the building that I am remodeling sells. I need somewhere to keep all of my treasures ;)

Nice buildings. I had a barn on a big farm I set up a shop in and stored trucks/parts for quite a while, till '07 when the property sold. I had 60 days to clear out. It was quite a burden

davischevy 02-08-2018 10:23 PM

I am always on the lookout for more space.

I let one go last year, and have kicked myself ever since.

You sure made that old dealership building look better.

Dustmaker65 02-09-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyland (Post 8181349)
Both very cool shop buildings indeed! Dustmaker

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8181862)
Nice buildings. I had a barn on a big farm I set up a shop in and stored trucks/parts for quite a while, till '07 when the property sold. I had 60 days to clear out. It was quite a burden

This is why I bought the CQ building. I have about a dozen trucks in the old dealership and do not want to have to worry about finding new homes for all of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davischevy (Post 8181866)
I am always on the lookout for more space.

I let one go last year, and have kicked myself ever since.

You sure made that old dealership building look better.

Thank you! It actually looked a lot worse than that when I bought it. Most of the pebble stucco had came loose and was falling off.

I have been very fortunate to be able to buy these older buildings really cheap and do all of the work myself. I am retiring my REAL job at the end of this year and have hopes of being able to just hang out and work on my trucks for a living :)

special-K 02-09-2018 10:08 PM

That is a fantastic way to spend your golden (or is it greasy) years. You did that dealership building great justice. I was trying to get an old shop building for years. Finally got the owner at the right time. We were moving on with it at a price I was very happy about till I discovered the business sold gas in the past but not since the early '70s. That killed it for me. Old tanks left to rot underground was a deal breaker for me.

davischevy 02-09-2018 10:49 PM

I retired about 5 years ago, and I just go hang out and work on my vehicles everyday.

I still have residential rentals, so they interfere some. I pretty much hire people to take care of them, but I still have to check on things.

I get up and leave the house every morning and go to the shop just like it was a job. I head home at 6 at night.

It's a lot easier to go to work when it's not work.

I have been watching for a deal on another building, because I am out of space. A building came up far sale a half mile from the house today.

I have plenty of space here at the house for a shop, but I can buy an existing building cheaper than I can build one.

davischevy 02-09-2018 11:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
This truck has been in a carport a 1/2 mile from my shop for 40 years.

I'm sure Boog has spotted it on the north side of the highway at the south city limits. leddzepp passed right by it when he passed through town a while back.

It belonged to the family of a late friend of mine. The family let the son of my friend have the truck recently.

It's a 250 six, TOT. The late owner had a vending machine business , hence the lift gate.

Chevyland 02-09-2018 11:19 PM

Hey other Larry
I’m about 5 or 10 years behind you
I still get up every day and beat everyone to the shop when I’m around
I’ve still got the fire
But it is going away slowly
Same here on the rentals
I’m basically just a police officer, mediator and superintendent
All wrapped into one
There is a property right around the corner from me in AZ
With 2 huge shops on it
It would be less expensive to buy it
But I would rather have a shop I designed
That looks nice, and on the property where my house is

davischevy 02-09-2018 11:31 PM

I don't do the police officer thing much now days. I will let a unit sit empty a month if I have to 'till I find the "right" renter. That said, I have a bunch of good people.

Another reason I don't build a shop here is I don't want to take the time away from my truck projects I have going.

Once you hit 65 you start counting minutes.